Bonus: Professor Kang[Hyewon]

Bits

Professor Kang

 

It’s 10 in the evening, Professor Kang retreated early to bed. She look the ceiling of her spacious room.  She is tired even though she did not do much today because it is that day. Today is that day.

She let tears fall down her eyes, she closes them and let herself sob. She couldn’t do anything but to cry.

There is blood in her hand, she knows that and that blood belongs to her friend. She could never forgive herself about it. Never, how could she. When almost everything about her friend Yul is wipe out.

She did the things she could do, to atleast rectify it, but she knows those are not enough.

Those last minutes with the scared Yuri, continue to haunt her memory. She could, she wanted to, she wanted to jump there and save her, but it’s too late. All she can do is calm her down.

Ask her to try the device she is prototyping in hopes of maybe preserving something – to transfer her memory to a stick via that device. That’s all she manage to do that time, that and recording Yuri’s last words.

“Hyewon-unnie, make sure she hears this. Tell her I love her, tell Chaewon to stop scowling and she will lose her girl.”

Those were the only thing she manage to do. Those moments haunts her to this day.

“Hye, baby.” A gentle voice called to her.  She let herself slump to the owner of that voice.

“Eun...” Hyewon sobbed.

“shhh.” Eunbi, gently caress her wife’s head. She knows how hard today is for her.

“Eun, it’s my fault. Yuri..yuri. if it’s not for me, Yul will still be here.” Hyewon have always blamed herself about the incident. She is always the young stupid airheaded genius foodie scientist, sometimes she see herself as nothing but a murderer.

She offered the job to Yuri, it’s a temporary appointment, something to help her younger friend to get back on her feet. Other than the start of it, Hyewon have no hand in the project other than the few times she is called for consultations. That day she personally went at the site to accompany Yuri.

Hyewon’s fault is that she trusted the system too much and it failed them bigtime that day. The clockwork failed but it goes back like nothing happened.

Eunbi held her tightly in her embrace. Nothing she can say will make her wife feel any better, if anything any words out will just appear as lip service.

She felt how her wife clings to her, she continue to cry. It’s heartbreaking that she can’t do anything much.

“Hye, babe. My kwangbae.” She whispered, ruffling the younger’s hair. “Chaewon called, she said everything went well today. Seems that our Duckie finally let go.”

“Eun is it wrong that I created that, the memory. Did I made it harder for her to move on.” Hyewon lift up her head and look directly to her wife’s eye. “There is so many things I want to say to her. I miss her, I miss talking her. I miss those times. But I can’t – we can’t go back. I have wronged her so many times. I miss my bestfriend. Eun you … you understand me right.”

That day Hyewon did not only lost the person she consider her younger sister, she lost her bestfriend too. Say what you want about romantic love, but losing a friend is hard too – it’s heartbreaking too, specially the kind of rift they have. Hyewon knows she will never be able to face Yena the same way again, forgiveness will be hard.

“We can’t force her, we can only look over them from a distance and hope for the best.” Eunbi cupped her cheeks. Hyewon leaned on, in her wifes hand and let the warmth heal her heart.

The door of their room opened and runs a child of barely four.

“Mama!Mommy!” She shouted, Hyewon tried her best to wipe the trails of tears in her cheeks. If no one else can the voice of her kids is enough to make her smile.

Wonyoung crawled up to their bed. “Ehh, Mama is crying. Why is Mama crying?” She graced her little fingers on her  Mama’s cheeks.

Hyewon buried her face on her baby’s tummy and sort of sob and giggle. “I’m fine baby.”  

“but Mama you are… Who hurt mama?” Wonyoung, with her tiny hands cups her Mama’s cheeks.

 “Then youngie make mama smile. “ She kissed her Mama’s forehead and hug her, “I love you Mama 1001%.”

Eunbi could not help but giggle watching them. “How about me?” 

“Ofcourse Mommy too.” Wonyoung then jump to her Mommy’s arms.

The door opened again “Wonyoungie!” A slightly much older girl entered.

Wonyoung put her toungue out and leaned back to her Mama who cuddled her.  

“This is unfair!!!” Nako pouted.   

“Nako-ya~~~” Eunbi cooed her older daughter, asking her to come and climb to her side. Nako climb and her hug her Mommy, Hyewon reach to her and caress her hair. Wonyoung then jump to hug her older sister.

Hyewon looks to her wife’s eyes, thankful. She hug them and smiled, she is glad she have her family here.