Alarm

Bits

Alarm

Blaring across the room is the sweet husky voice of the girl she falls in love with, repeating non-stop at 8:00 in the morning. Inside the white pristine walls of her room and its clear glass window, the signal for her day to start.  

 

Her voice, it never fails to wake her up, to make her smile, to make her giggle like a child. It was like how she remembers it the first time she heard her, it still is ‘till today.  

 

Morning is where she at. She moved the curtain that is obscuring the sun, the curtain that is the only indication that a window made of glass is there. Outside is the city, bustling in the morning – moving without losing a beat, so precise in its timing down to a miniscule detail, and even if a piece falls apart does not seem to get derailed. 

Outside and inside this room everything is so pristine, sharp, surgical, sterile, almost lifeless – white - except for that voice that fills her ears, it’s human – very much alive, like her. 

 

Yes, despite how awake she is already she is delaying turning the sound off. She picks up the phone on her bedside table and sadly stopping the sound, she quickly the girl that owns it. As sweet and beautiful her recorded voice is, nothing beats a lively conversation in chat or over voice call. She knows that despite being her wake up alarm, the other girl is a heavy sleeper, so it’s a message for now and a call later.

 

She looks over her phone and stared the image of the person she loves, beautiful, cute, mesmerizing, and her smile never fail to make her heart flutter.

 

A sudden sound outside of her room took away her thought. Upon opening her door she found her apartment mate, trying to gather herself up after stumbling on the white pristine floor. She is wearing black blouse with parts of the shoulder cut off, a contrast easily noted with almost sterile surrounding. 

 

She is always a comforting, welcome presence in Yena’s life, a needed one sometimes, a support of sort – a trusted friend. She whose hair is almost pink, a tiny tinge of rebellion in an otherwise conforming society, she whose eyes are sharp, yeah she who is known as Kim Chaewon.

 

“Get ready we are visiting a friend.” Her pink haired friend said.

 

“A friend? Your friend… do I need to go with you?” Yena awkwardly chuckled, finding a way to excuse herself from ever stepping a foot outside this room.

 

Chaewon can’t help but roll her eyes, for a very energetic and hyper person, Yena develop a sort of hate of the outside and its seemingly mechanical going. It does not help that with some string pulled that they manage to have gotten her a work that won’t need much of the outside.

 

But for as much as she understand it, she needs her to step outside today – no starting today. It’s been a awhile and it’s about time that she do.

 

She cleared and muttered sarcastically. “No. It’s someone we both know.”

 

Yes, someone important to both of them.

 

“Who?” Yena once again ask, scratching her head, completely clueless as to who Chaewon is talking about. As far as she knows they don’t much have common friend between them, except for Yuri. The girl would for sure tell her if the three of them are meeting up, especially when the three of them have not meet up for a long time together.

 

 

Yena is genuinely puzzled but in Chaewon’s view – Yena is nothing but a shell of denial.

 

She sighed exasperated. “Ah! You will now know when we get there.”

 

Yena furrowed her browse. “is it realty that important?” She asked bemused at her friend agitated reaction.

 

“IT IS.THAT IMPORTANT! Ms. Choi Yena!” Chaewon exclaimed causing Yena to flinch.

 

“Allright, y-you..you.. are scaring me, let me call Yuri first.” Yena apologetically replied, turning around back to her room. Yena might be stubborn but she can also be obedient.

 

Chaewon took a deep breath, and buried her head on the palm of her hand, peeking out of the gap between her fingers, staring at the door of Yena’s room.

 

It’s about time.