Chapter 1: Jeno

Bestfriends ☆

"I'm almost there... yeah hyung. I will. I cannot wait to see your goofy face also. Alright, Winwin hyungie. Bye bye." 

"Chinese?" The cab driver asked, Jeno was just typing a text message and he looked up to smile at the man.

"Ah no, pure Korean. Just returning home from a vacation." The boy nodded while smiling to the driver

"You must have missed Korea so much, I'm sure your family and friends are excited to see you." 

He nodded and looked outside. I miss them too.

His thoughts were disturbed by a text message from one of his friends.

"You're finally back! Hope you brought some snacks. We miss you, Jeno! We'll be waiting for you on our usual spot. Don't make us wait too long, okay? Take care! See you at 7! ^w^ - Hina-chan

He scoffed by the cuteness of the message. And locked his phone, he can't wait to see his bestfriends, especially Hina. He breathed heavily and closed his eyes.

"Alright you two, thank you for sending me home. I'll see you in school tomorrow." The girl with ponytails smiled and turned around to unlock her door's dorm. 

"Have a good night." Both boys told her in unison which made Hina chuckle and nodded. Once she was inside, Jamin and Jeno started walking away to go back to their dorms.

"Hey Jaemin, can I tell you something?" Jeno suddenly stopped at his tracks, Jaemin suddenly stopped and turn around to look at his best friend. 

Jeno inhaled and looked up at the stars.

"I'll tell her how I really feel. Tomorrow night. I'd like to ask if you woul-" 

"I can't do that." Jaemin suddenly cutted him off which made Jeno surprise, he stared at him and seriousness was seen all over his face.

"Why not, Jaemin? It's the perfect opportunity."

"Because I will also confess my feelings for her tomorrow." Silence engulfed the both of them and a strong wind suddenly greeted the both of them.

"You're joking right?" Jeno chuckled but the seriousness on Jaemin's face made him stop and stare at his best friend.

"May the best man wins, I guess." Jeno announced

"And I don't plan on losing."

"We're here, sir." The cab driver reported which made him woke up from his nap. 

"Oh right, thank you." 

After settling in his dorm another text message popped up on his phone, 

"Glad you came back safe. See you later, bro." - Jaemin

Jeno sighed and decided to plop himself on his bed.

"Good morning! Right on schedule you guys." Hina giggled as she locked her door and greeted her two guy besties

"And you're 2 minutes earlier than your usual, let me guess, didn't brush your hair today?" Jaemin jokingly said

"Funny." She rolled her eyes, "no I just didn't wash the dishes today, I ordered takeout last night and I just reheated it for breakfast. Less time and effort." 

"Point taken." Jaemin smiled widely as the 3 of them walk side by side, Hina in the middle of course.

Jeno was awefully quiet the whole walk but both Hina and Jaemin seem to didn't mind, maybe he was just still half-asleep like always. 

"Hey Jeno? You with us?" Hina snapped her fingers in front of Jeno which took him aback but stared at Hina for a complete second. "Huh?" He asked

Hina groaned but still smiled at her bestfriend, "I said, what time your first period ends, let's have lunch together." 

"Ah.. that.... sorry but I need to finish on my English essay and Math Homework for 2nd period." He rubbed the back of his nape.

"Oh. It's okay. I can just go with Jaemin." Hina said and smiled at Jeno then continued walking to the school.

But Jeno lied. He already finished his errands, he just doesn't want to be with the 2 of them for now. 

As Hina and Jaemin walked together, he can't help but stare at them from afar. "They look good together" he muttered.

Winwin hyung calling.

Jeno woke up from his slumber as his phone suddenly rang. He groaned and declined the call, muted his phone and closed his eyes again. 

"What a bad dream..." he whispered to himself. "What a bad bad dream.."