kim junmyeon is a funny guy

kim minseok is...

1. 
it's only the second day of the new school year and already minseok is texting him at the crack of dawn.  ok, so maybe 7:12 am wasn't the crack of dawn, but it's before junmyeon had plans to wake up.  school starts at 8:30am and his father always drove him to school on his way to work at 8:15am, so in all logic (junmyeon's logic) he doesn't have to get up until 7:45am.

still, maybe because he's still getting used to going back to school or maybe it's because of minseok's text, junmyeon gets up instead of going back to sleep and takes a shower.

"do you want breakfast?" his mom asks when she hears him up.

junmyeon thinks about it, pats his stomach and adjusts his glasses, then replies, "two boiled eggs please."

"are you sure you want them boiled?"

junmyeon nods solemnly.

"after all, mother, it's not fry-day."

junmyeon choses to ignore the eye roll.

 

after his shower, he takes out his contact lenses.  carefully cleaning and inspecting each lens, junmyeon proceeds to insert them into his eyes.  without his glasses, the weight on the bridge of his nose is gone and his face is more visible.  he slicks his still-wet hair back and looks in the mirror.

"hello hand-some" he tells his reflection and tosses his mirror image a grin, shooting pretend bullets with his finger guns.  "yep, those are some hands!"

junmyeon opens the bathroom door, still grinning.  that was a good one and what a waste to only hear for himself.  he shelves the joke to the back of his head for future use.  yes, there's a plethora of hilarious jokes back there because kim junmyeon is simply a funny guy.

 

 

2.
junmyeon's school uniform is always dry cleaned because his parents always gets their suits dry cleaned.  it's the perk of having two university professors as parents.

when junmyeon comes out of his room, his mother has already left the kitchen to get ready for work.  his father is sitting at the kitchen table in his white shirt and boxers, reading the morning paper.

"good morning father" junmyeon greets.

"morning son."

"yes, there is some sun this morning."

his father goes back to reading the paper without another comment.  junmyeon sits at the table with no shirt only having donned boxers and socks.  calmly peeling his boiled eggs, he and his father sit silently at the table.  when his mother comes out of her room, junmyeon's still eating.  she pauses at the end of the table, still adjusting her earrings when she looks at both the father and the son, shaking her head.

"is eating in your underwear a kim family trait or something?" she asks.

junmyeon giggles, but no one really answers because it's a rhetorical question that's been asked many times over the years.  still, junmyeon can appreciate comedy when he hears it.

 

 

3.
after eating, junmyeon goes back into his room to put on his uniform.  he takes it out of the plastic wrapping and makes sure there's not a thread out of place.  grabbing the styling mousse, he slicks his floppy hair into a perfect coiffure.  adjusting his tie, he steps back and looks into the full length mirror with a tilted head.  

"hmm" he nods in appreciation, then spies his baseball cap perched on top of the dresser.  "what did the hat say to the tie?"

he glances back at the mirror.

"you hang around.  i'll go on ahead!"

junmyeon cackles, grabbing his backpack.  

 

 

4.
in the car, his father always listens to the morning radio.  it's always turned to the national public station and sometimes, it bores the heck out of junmyeon.  today is such a day, so he plugs in his earphones and listens to the latest girl group album.  the closer he gets to school, he more he has to stifle his urge to emulate the dance moves.

"have a good day" his father says as he pulls to a stop.

"have a good day, father" junmyeon returns, nodding smartly.

he's the picture of a perfect model student.

around the corner, junmyeon can see his cousin, jongdae walking to school with his friends.  he quickly shuts the car door and slips into the front gates of the school before jongdae can catch up to him.  sometimes, jongdae and his friends are a little hard to handle so early in the morning.

he arranges his face into a benevolent smile when other students greet him on the way to his classroom.

"hello prez!"
"hello sunbae!"
"good morning sunbaenim!"
"how are you today, mr. president?"

and junmyeon basks in it.  he's his class's president.  he's a popular student, known for his intellect as well as his handsome looks.  he's admired for his physique and his manly personality.  the student population must definitely not know about his penchant for girl group dances, his cola-bottle glasses, and his insane looking grin that always gets him teased.

"ahem."

junmyeon adjusts his jacket collar as he enters the classroom, glad that kim minseok isn't in his homeroom. 

now only if everyone knew about his hilarious wit.