kim minseok is... meticulous

kim minseok is...

1.
before the alarm goes off, there's a stirring from under the covers of the bed.  kim minseok opens his bleary eyes and blinks, long and slow.  his eyes may be open, but his brain is not yet awake.  he lies there, knowing he should get up sooner rather than later because there's nothing more annoying than the sound of his alarm.  but even so, minseok doesn't move his body until the notes of the digimon theme song blast through his speakers.

slam!

surprisingly strong for a man of his size, minseok bangs on the poor silver speakers of his alarm on his nightstand.  his face is a little swollen from sleep and his eye crusties are hanging off his eyelashes.  but before minseok goes to wash up, he grabs his mini vacuum from under his bed.  he straightens his sheets and blankets as he swiftly cleans every crevice of his full sized bed, then clicks the handheld vacuum off.  putting the mini-vac back in its charger, minseok reaches his closet and pulls out the larger vacuum and starts cleaning his bedroom floor.  from across the way, he can hear his younger brother getting up, grumbling about always being woken by the sound of the damned vacuum cleaner every damn morning.  minseok makes a mental note to tell his brother something about using pretty words.   because minseok is meticulous like that.

 

2. 
it takes minseok more time than his younger brother to get ready for school, but it's not what one would think.

even his mother, who actually really dislikes dealing with clothes, doesn't iron her own shirts.  but after minseok washes up, he's at the ironing board making his school uniform crisp and starchy.  his mother doesn't really mind, but she is a little concerned for the cost of spray starch and cleaning supplies that goes in every month.  she wonders where minseok inherited this inclination for cleanliness and wonders if any of minseok's cousins have this issue.

after breakfast in his underwear (so as to not dirty his uniform), minseok carefully puts on his freshly ironed uniform and heads out for school.

"i'll be back" minseok calls out behind him to his mother.

minseok doesn't wait for his younger brother because he's gone back to sleep as he usually does after minseok's done vacuuming.  besides, it is minseok's habit to arrive at school about twenty to thirty minutes early.  there are things he has to do and he likes settling in before most of his classmates arrive.  though they go to the same school, minseok's younger brother usually walks to school with his friends, so it's not a huge deal.  

on his way, minseok checks his phone and texts his cousin for good measure.  this is because his cousin goes to the same high school.  his cousin usually accompanies his younger brother to school if his brother is suuuper late because his cousin gets dropped off at school in a car (unlike minseok and his brother who walk).  he checks with his cousin and keeps checking his phone until a reply comes.

"...m"

satisfied even with the nonsensical text, minseok puts his phone back in his bag.

 

3.
minseok likes sports, but he's not a particularly speedy walker when it comes to the road to school.  it's because he likes to enjoy the scenery on the way, to take in the fresh air, and to take some time to clear his mind.  he also walks slow because...

"hyuuung"

a deep, sleepy voice calls out behind him.  and before minseok fully turn around to face the voice, there's the plop of a heavy head on his shoulder and the familiar scent of salon pas and eucalyptus.  a warm set of arms encircle his waist and the younger boy's pouty voice comes again.

"hyuuung, i'm so sleepy."

minseok's lips form into a little smile as he shifts his weight to account for the younger boy clinging to his side.

"kim jongin" minseok calls the boy's name.  "did your sister kick you out again?"

there's a sleepy nod on his shoulder and when minseok cranes his neck to look at the taller boy, jongin's eyes are puffy with drowsiness.  minseok chuckles softly and wraps an arm around the boy's waist to hoist him up.

"come on, don't drag your feet.  the sooner we get to school, the sooner you can nap."

"mmm" jongin makes a noncommittal noise from deep within his throat that gives minseok little goosebumps.

"..."

"stay with me?" jongin mumbles.

"yeah" minseok replies fondly, cheeks pinkening ever so slightly.

 

4.
there's not much minseok can do with jongin using his lap as a pillow.  but once they get settled in the corner of the library, minseok gets to work.

jongin's neck tie is no where to be seen, so minseok procures an extra one from his bag.  but before minseok can tie it around jongin's neck, jongin's shirt is buttoned incorrectly.  minseok's deft fingers work their way down the shirt, ing each one.  he's had much practice and now his ears barely turn red at jongin's bare chest.

minseok sighs when he sees that jongin isn't wearing anything underneath the regulation shirt.  he himself wears a white cotton t-shirt just in case of chafing or sweating.  minseok reminds himself to teach jongin to do this when he wakes up.  he rebuttons jongin's shirt and tucks what he can into jongin's pants which are wrinkled.  minseok frowns at this, but again, there's not much minseok can do in this position and without his trusty iron.

he sighs again and focuses on tying jongin's neck tie.  in his sleep, jongin whines and frowns a little at the sudden discomfort around his neck, but minseok smoothes out his shirt on jongin's chest and the action soothes jongin back to blissful sleep.

when jongin looks a little more put together, minseok sighs in relief.  he looks to his left and sees that jongin's uniform blazer is stuffed in his backpack haphazardly.  fishing it out, minseok dusts it off and folds it nicely so that the lines are crisp.  he pats it safely back into jongin's backpack and calmly leans back on the wall.  

"mmm" jongin mumbles in his sleep, tossing so that his nose is buried in minseok's thigh.

jongin's breath on minseok's inner thigh is kind of ticklish but minseok manages to stifle a giggle that threatens to wake jongin.  looking down, the older boy carefully combs his fingers through jongin's hair.  it's still a little damp, so jung-ah, jongin's sister, must have forced jongin to take a shower before going to school.  minseok quietly nods in approval.  with the movement of minseok's fingers, a mixture of eucalyptus and mint unravel in the air around them.  the sun peeks through the window above them, letting in a warm light.  there's still ten minutes until the morning bell rings, signaling them to go into their classrooms.  so minseok puts an alarm on his phone before he too closes his eyes.

after all, kim minseok is meticulous.