Our Match

Me and Her = Disaster

 

Kyuhyun’s Pov

“Seems like we have a new friend, who might she be?” I asked. I turned my head toward the “one that has a problem” and the new girl. They looked alike; it was somewhat hard to tell since all of us had big sunglasses on. But it wasn’t my problem if they looked alike or not, we just had to play a few rounds of basketball. Yo I’m getting impatient, Donghae you better start this thing or I’ll kill you!!!

The new girl looked at me skeptically. Did I have something on my face?

After what seemed like a minute later she answered.

“Who are you?”

I stood there mesmerized by her response.

SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHO I AM??!!! OKAY I MAY HAVE SUNGLASSES ON AND STUFF BUT WE’RE ONLY A FEW FEET APART AND SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHO I AM??!! AISH THESE PEOPLE.

“We’re not here for introductions, we’ll do that later. Right now let’s get this over with.” Donghae replied

“But she doesn’t know who I am!! Donghae! Can we change the rules to the team that loses all have to subject to the other team?!” I asked.

“Okay, okay, we’ll change it just….. Don’t kill me.” Donghae replied.

I grinned “YAYYY~!”

Ms. “I got a problem” looked impatient.

“Can we start already? All your idle chitchat is getting to me,” she finally said.

All of us turned around to face her, and I agreed with what she said.
“Yea this is getting boring! Let’s go!”

Grey’s Pov

How long is this going to take us? This is supposed to be a 20 point game, nothing more nothing less. If they’re not going to start I might as well steal that ball from Donghae.

I hesitated for a minute but I charged at Donghae. He didn’t notice until seconds later when I took the ball.

“YAH, I NEVER TOLD YOU TO START!” he yelled. But no one listened, Ryeowook and the others started to chase me and support me. I dribbled the ball toward the left of the court and that’s when I got cornered by Kyuhyun.

“Would you mind giving me that?” he asked with a grin.

“SABRINA!!” I barely managed to pass it to her.

“Right!” she dribbled the ball charging through Ryeowook, he didn’t expect her to get through. He tried to take the ball but missed by a few seconds. SLAM DUNK! Eunmi looked surprised, I mean really surprised that we could play. I could see the guys huddled together, they were talking but I couldn’t hear them since they were talking in whispers.

Donghae took the ball and passed it to Wook and he ran across the court. On no you don’t. But before I got to him Eunmi was already on him trying to get the ball. He threw it to Kyuhyun but Sabrina intercepted and took the ball. But Kyuhyun wasn’t done he stole the ball swiftly from Sabrina and turned to our basket. OH NO. He also slammed the ball in, I think he was mocking us >_>. I noticed people gathering to watch our game. It looked like a few spectators that were bored. “Aren’t they familiar looking?” or “Aren’t this bunch hot?” and a few of the unappreciative people that insulted our game.

I don’t see how you guys can do any better anyway.

I took the ball and passed it to Sabrina.

The score was now tied 2 to 2. We had to stop their momentum before we ended up losing.

As Sabrina swiftly ran through the court she passed to Eunmi before getting done in by Kyuhyun. She took the ball and made a 3 point shot! Not bad, maybe we should rely on her more.

5 to 2 we were winning~

After a few minutes of layups, dunks, fouls, and free throws, we were at a score of 10 to 10. It was back to a tie. Before we knew it People were crowding around the court catching a glimpse of our game. How embarrassing. But for some reason I felt that things weren’t going to end well.

Donghae’s Pov

We’re back to another tie… I underestimated them, they’re not bad at all… we’re gonna need to turn this thing around. Ryeowook passed me the ball. I took it dribbled it right through the middle of the court, as I expected the “Sabrina” girl was there trying to steal the ball.

“Kyu! Make a dunk!” I passed it to Kyuhyun which was on the left side pretty close to the basket. He responded by scoring the point. It was a pretty good dunk. The girl that bumped into Wook passed the ball to “Grey” and then I heard cheers. All of us stopped for a few minutes looking around at our audience. It seems like the crowds had increased and also developed cheering teams.

The right side was dedicated to the girls, and the left side was dedicated to us =D. It felt like one of our own events dedicated to us. I turned around to see what my comrade’s reactions were. Kyuhyun as expected looked excited and was waving, Ryeowook smiled too and waved. I looked at the girls, “Sabrina” was waving politely. The Ryeowook girl looked pretty excited and was waving too. Grey didn’t look as excited but waved anyway. I scanned the crowd; I saw some people from the SM building… must have been those auditioning people. All of us soon went back to our game when the cheering died out.

Grey refocused her attention to the game and began dribbling to the right side of the court. I saw that she was planning to pass to Ryeowook girl which wasn’t covered. I took that chance to intercept her bounce pass and shoot for a half court shot, but it hit the rim. Coincidently Sabrina happened to be there and snatched the ball.

“What do we have here? Kyu are causing trouble again?”

Huh? All of us turned and saw a girl our age in a training suit, her hair bundled in a messy ponytail.

Seo_You_Jin_Beauty_Korean_Girl_2.jpg“KYU!! ARE U LISTENING?!” She repeated. I looked at Kyuhyun he seemed uncomfortable. “Yeah, yea k Ayami I know.” I looked to see Grey and the other girl staring at her.

 

“Aren’t you the one who passed the audition? If I remember correctly Ayami Namizuki,” Grey asked doubtfully.

Ayami turned and faced the girls, “Yea, I’m Ayami Namizuki nice to meet you guys! Enough with all the introductions since we’ll meet each other tomorrow~ and Kyu what are you guys doing?”She asked.

Kyuhyun had one of those annoyed faces on, those scary ones; I was surprised that this girl wasn’t even afraid of him one bit.

“I’m just helping my hyung out, we’re having a game here so would you mind going away,” He made a hand gesture signaling her to get out.

“If you’re helping then you wouldn’t mind me helping these girls out either right?” she smirked.

“AYAMI! THAT’S NO FAIR, IT’LL MAKE IT 3 AGAINST 4!” He whined.

“Since you brag about how good you are you should win even with the help of another person on the opposing team~” She chirped.

We stood their amazed at how she handled him that easily. Kyuhyun sighed. “Guys don’t mind her, she’s one of my friends, she can be really annoying sometimes, let’s continue where we left off” he said.

All of us went back to our positions including Ayami.

Aish how troublesome….

Eunmi’s Pov

We’re losing by 2 points…. We gotta get back those points TT-TT. Well we have another person so I think we’ll gain a few points, thank god <3.

I didn’t have any more time to think when the audience was starting to demand the game be continued. Sabrina reacted fast and passed to the more than alert Grey. I started to run toward our opponent’s basket and signal that I was open. I saw Wook in front of me trying to get the ball before it reached me. Oh no you don’t. I charged in just in time to take the ball before it fell into opponent hands. It was a close grab for the ball since I was surrounded. I couldn’t risk getting the ball stolen. I zoomed through the middle and risked a layup shot. To my surprise it got in! Yea~!

My teammates nodded me a nod of approval and the so called “girls team” cheered. It was really encouraging to have a cheerleading team of your own~.

Ryeowook took the ball and passed it to Kyuhyun, he upped his pace and blazed through our defense. All of us were surprised at his sudden adrenaline, but Ayami didn’t give a reaction, she bolted into action just as Kyuhyun was seconds to our basket. She attempted to steal the ball, but was a second too late; he took a shot at our basket. Another point for….. Wait! Grey had taken in her close position from the basket and smashed Kyuhyun’s shot to the other side of the court! OH MY GOD O_O’’’! Ayami took that chance and got us a point! The girls were hysterical; deafening cheers came from the surrounding area, it was a great sight.

We went back to our positions again and soon Donghae was dribbling with the ball. Sabrina was on him as Donghae tried to pass, only seconds later we saw it was a feint and he ran to pass it to Ryeowook which he soon passed to Kyuhyun. I saw Ayami had intercepted. She looked to see as all the guys surrounded her, she made a half court shot which made its mark!

Yes we’re going to win this <3 16-14 just 2 more shots <3. But it was also when Ayami had to leave.

“I’m sorry guys, but I’m kind of late for my appointment, I’ll see you girls tomorrow, you better win this! By the way I wasn’t part of this~!” and she happily skipped away.

“Aish, this girl comes and goes at her own accord… but we’re going to win anyways so what would it matter?” I said.

“Don’t be so sure, they won’t lose that easily,” Grey muttered.

It was after 10 minutes of the ball bouncing from our team to their team to our team, those rounds took more than centuries to get over with until we were tied at 18. Match point. We were starting to lose more of our stamina than we had planned to; the guys looked just as tired but didn’t seem to show it.

“It’s match point, ready to bow down on your knees and serve us yet?” Kyuhyun cackled.

Ryeowook and Donghae giggled at the thought.

Oh how I want to beat the crap out of these guys….(not really like I can)But okay maybe not Ryeowook since he didn’t do anything, but still. We better win this because I don’t want to serve them more than Grey does.

I took the ball and passed it to Grey, which she dribbled and passed to Sabrina. Sabrina was running to the net until Ryeowook snuck up on her and took the ball. He passed to Donghae who was at half court and went back to our side. It kept going on and on as our other rounds did. I ran toward Donghae, my legs weren’t keeping up with my brain; I was starting to lose stamina. But Donghae ran to the basket and made a layup shot! NO SOMEONE STOP HIM!! Grey tried to direct the shot into her own advantage but it ended in a foul! This could actually save us! As long as they don’t make those free throws! Oh my god I’m so nervous!

Grey scowled, “I hope your accuracy isn’t lacking, or we’ll be taking the win.”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk, be careful what you wish for, it might actually come true.” Donghae replied. Donghae took the ball and made a shot. He picked up the ball and got into position to make another shot. It got in! Q.Q he better not make this one!!! Oh god, please respond to my prayers! Don’t make the basket!!!!! But it was too late.

HE HAD MADE IT IN.

The basketball dropped on the floor, and silence interrupted all the cheering, even the breeze was gone. We had lost. That was the tragic reality.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if you don’t know basketball, here are the terms =P.

Bounce pass- bounce the basketball on the floor to pass to another person.

Intercept- get the ball when someone from the other team passes to another person from their team.

Layup- usually a charge toward the net to shoot a ball, basically kinda like midair shot.

Slam dunk or dunk- smash the ball into the basket without shooting/ putting the ball into the basket basically.

Feint- (-_- I’ll die if u don’t know this) faking a pass or shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me if I left out anything. ^-^’’’ and I hope you liked this chapter it was pretty long.