02. Chapter: Burned

I am Your King
Please log in to read the full chapter

“So I heard you proposed.” Taehyung groans loudly, hiding under the blanket and hoping Namjoon will not smearing that proposal on his face like what Hoseok did earlier. “When it’s going to be?”

Namjoon raises his eyebrow when Taehyung mumbled the answer under the blanket.

“What did you say?”

Taehyung pushes the blanket away and shouts, “I said there won’t be a wedding! He … didn’t say yes.”

“Well, Hoseok told me that he never say no either.” Namjoon sits on the bed, near the king.

“As if it’s much better than what I just said.” Taehyung sighs. “I just don’t want to lose him the way I lost my sister.”

“Tae, I’ve been taking care of you since you were a child and I was there with your sister too. I know you more than anyone but you can’t make a lion stay in the cage after you tied him up.”

“But he’ll be my partner and he won’t go to the war. I just want him to be safe.”

“I guess it’s time for you to take a few days away from handling the castle. Just focus on your birthday party. I’ll take over your work for a while.”

“That won’t make me change my decision.”

Namjoon smiles warmly, patting the young boy’s head gently. “I wasn’t trying to. Go to sleep.”

“Before you leave, can you please kick Hoseok away? He’s been annoying the whole day.”

A laughter slipped out from Namjoon’s mouth.

“Then who would be taking care of you tonight?”

 

Yoongi is not mad at the sudden proposal earlier. That is not the main reason why he called Jungkook, his childhood friend to come down to the training ground and have a sword duel in the middle of the night. Jungkook is getting the itch to ask about the proposal which has been widely known to the castle. The king has proposed to someone – nothing can top that the whole year. Jungkook was expecting Yoongi either to swing the sword too hard it hurts their wrist or unable to focus and fall off his feet before they could start to sweat.

But Yoongi is fighting like his own nickname, Grim Reaper. Not unusual.

“Are we seriously not going to talk about it?”

A single swing against Jungkook’s sword, he was taken back.

“I’m surprised you didn’t ask about it earlier. What made you stay silent?”

“I don’t think I have a say in your relationship.”

“I don’t think I have it too. He’s the king.”

Jungkook’s eye twitched at the mention of the king before he sprints toward Yoongi and knocks the sword in his hand with Jungkook, letting it drop on the floor few metres away from them.

“He can’t use his position as a king to marry you.”

There is an obvious flame in Jungkook’s eyes but Yoongi is never afraid of him. In fact, he lifts his chin up and glares back that fire with the black eyes.

“You know he can and he did.”

“He’s never been in love before so what makes him think he’s in love with you as a lover instead of brother?”

“Then I should be asking you the same thing, Kook. You are pretty much did the same thing as Tae.”

Jungkook did not realized it before. He did propose to Yoongi, an older friend who always stay next to him throughout his life.

“But we are childhood friend. We have something special.”

“That doesn’t mean we have to be together in the bond of lover. Besides, there might be a war coming to us. We should not take this matter more important than Zante’s safety.”

“You are more important than anything to me, Yoongi. If war is between us, then I’ll stop it to be close to you.”

“Then stop yourself from having a war with your own king, Jungkook.” Namjoon suddenly appears from behind the door, looking unimpressed shows how much he heard. “We might have to face the first war in 10 years and everyone is afraid but that doesn’t give you a solid reason why you should go against your own king.”

Yoongi and Namjoon knows how Jungkook might be able to do whatever Namjoon prevented him from doing so. It always scares them to have a devil as a pet who might bite the owner’s hand but they believe him and Namjoon is just taking a precaution.

“Jungkook won’t be doing such thing.” Yoongi said, standing in front of Jungkook. “You have my word.”

“We’ll discuss about this matter after Taehyung’s birthday party. But for tonight, it’s your call to keep eyes on Your Majesty.” Namjoon is not comfortable to have him to protect Taehyung after hearing their conversation but Taehyung asked for Jungkook.

Jungkook dislikes the

Please log in to read the full chapter