chapter 01

Here We Go Again

01

When the alarm clock rang with a great intensity through her ear, she knew it’s going to be the start of her hellish college days again. Now that her semester break is over, Sana had to go back to her campus. It’s not like she doesn’t care about her future anymore but she just wished to have a longer break because apparently, she is not physically and mentally ready yet for studying. Sana isn’t the type to read books during her break time either, she would rather go jogging in the morning or swimming in the afternoon. But what she like to do the most is binge-watching movies on her laptop, or listening to repeated songs on her track list. Of course there are days that she couldn’t do the things she love at her home. Especially not when her best friends are around. This is because the activities that they will be doing are rather an outdoor kinds. Sana’s best friends love to go out at night just as much as Sana do. They would travel from one nightclub to another or attending senior’s party at the campus. It’s almost like a routine that happened every weekend. Some days during the summer break, Nayeon and Momo would come all the way from campus to Sana’s parent’s house just to take Sana with them to a party. Considering their legal age, it is a no problem for Sana to go out at night so she doesn’t have to sneak out from her parents. As much as she enjoys going out, Sana also love to stay at home and do the stuff she like to do in her room. Unfortunately now that it is the start of her second year in college, Sana is going to miss staying at home.

After the ringing clock went silent, her phone buzzed on the pillow just right next to her head. Sana grumbled, refusing to open her eyes to check who is calling her. But the buzzing didn’t stop for a long minutes so she finally pick up her phone in frustration.

 

“Yes?” She answered in a low tone.

 

“Rise and shine sleepyhead! I’m already outside your house so you better get hurry. And don’t make me go up there to get you.” Nayeon said, threatening Sana at the end of her sentence.

 

“You’re so loud. I’ll be there.” Sana responded, still with her weak state.

 

“Ten minutes.” Nayeon told.

 

“How do you expect me to get ready in ten minutes?” Sana snorted. She is finally sitting on her bed.

 

“Fine, then fifteen minutes.” Nayeon answered.

 

“No, twenty minutes.” Sana disagreed.

 

“Whatever Minatozaki Sana, just get your down here before seven because we need to pick up Momo too.” Nayeon frustrated. Sana can tell that her friend might be rolling her eyes after her words, imagining it made her giggled at the annoyed girl.

 

“Okay.” She laughed before ending the call.

 

Sana start hurrying to get ready. She sort of blamed herself for not preparing her clothes the night before today. Screw it, Sana cussed inside of her head and grab any clothes she can get from her dresser. Honestly it doesn’t matter what she wear because people will still find Sana attractive. After all, she is quite popular for her visual. Everywhere she go, people will be stunned by her beauty. From her perfect blonde hair to her sparkly hazel eyes and her luscious lips; who wouldn’t fall in love with her? She is not only pretty, but she is also kind and friendly- sometimes too friendly that people mistaken her as flirting, or maybe she is flirting.

She immediately went down the stairs as soon as she got everything she need from her room. Next, she scurried to the kitchen with her handbag on the side of her shoulder to get a toast on the kitchen table.

 

“Ouch!” She groaned.

 

“Careful honey, the toasts are still hot.” Her mom told. Sana responded with a cheeky grin. She took a piece of tissue from the roller and pick up the hot toast again using the tissue.

 

“Do you need a ride, dear?” Her dad asked, sipping his morning coffee at his usual spot by the end of the table.

 

“Nope. Nayeon is already waiting outside.” She answered while taking out an iced juice bottle from the refrigerator.

 

“Alright. Tell her to be careful when driving.” Her dad reminded her about the traffic during the day.

 

“Okay. Bye mom and dad.” She left the scene.

 

“Bye honey, please be careful.” Her mom said again, but from a far.

 

“I will.” Sana responded before she closed the main door.

 

Nayeon is waiting inside her Volkswagen just outside the street of Sana’s house. She was bopping to her favourite song in her car that she didn’t notice Sana is already outside.

 

“Someone is enjoying her time.” Sana smirked.

 

“Yeah. I decided to play my playlist just in time for you to get done.” Nayeon scoffed making Sana to laugh.

 

Because of Sana was taking her time, Momo was able to finished getting ready just in time with Nayeon’s arrival. Next stop after taking the last member is the petrol station. Momo took the chance to buy snacks at the convenience store while Nayeon pumped the gas. Only Sana stayed inside the car. She took her hand out of the car window, leaned forward with her chin on her arm while staring at the tall tree outside of the station. It’s not her first time going to this place so she remember the tree used to be smaller. Sometimes she hardly believe that she is a college student now, like how much times have passed and people are growing old each day.

Then something else caught her attention. It’s when the two girls are cycling passing by the tree. Sana shifted her focus onto the ash-coloured hair girl. The girls were making a stop at the convenience store. Judging from their uniform, they are high-schoolers. A high school girl with an ash-coloured hair? Is that even legal? Sana thought to herself.

 

“Brave of her.” Sana murmured.

 

“Brave of who?” Nayeon asked. Sana wasn’t aware when did Nayeon got back inside or how did she manage to hear her mutterings.

 

“Nothing.” Sana shook her head in embarrassment.

 

“Can you get Momo? She’s taking so long.” Nayeon told.

 

“Let’s just wait a bit more.” Sana replied.

 

“I also need you to buy me some yoghurt. I sacrificed my breakfast for you people.” Nayeon jeered.

 

Sana smiled as she rolled her eyes, “Fine.”

 

So Sana unfasten her seatbelt and went out from the car to enter the store. She wonder what’s taking her friend so long inside. Momo is a food-lover, she likes to eat in general so it shouldn’t be a problem for her to pick food as she can eat anything.

Once Sana is inside the convenience store, she found Momo gaping from a distant at the two girls; the one with the ash-coloured hair and the other one with a black short hair just above her shoulder. For a high-schooler, the short haired girl actually look mature from upfront. When Sana enter the shop, the ash-haired girl was looking at her. Their eyes met.  

 

Pale skin, Sana’s first impression on her beside her coloured hair.

 

“Sana.” Momo called out, grabbing back her attention to her.

 

“What are you doing? We need to hurry.” Sana approached her.

 

“Yeah, I’m about to pay.” Momo told, holding two bags of potato chips and one litre bottle of Cola.

 

“I’ll go get yoghurt for Nayeon and pay with you.” Sana said.

 

Sana isn’t sure if it’s just her or if the girl is still staring at her right from the beginning when she enter the store. It’s not like she is not used to the stare, but coming from her somehow made her feel a little anxious. Sana bit her lower lip unconsciously while taking the said yoghurt for her friend.

 

“Kim Dahyun, stop staring at the girl and pick the flavours already!” The short-haired girl said in frustration, and a bit too loud for them to hear from the cashier.

 

“Chaeng, don’t be so loud.” Dahyun hissed in embarrassment. But her friend only rolled her eyes at her.

 

Momo chuckled softly while giving a nudge on Sana’s arm to signal her about the situation. They were about to pay for their items at the cashier. Sana smiled and blushed a little when she confirmed the girl to be staring at her thanks to her friend’s clear remark. When Sana and Momo left the store, they were chuckling on their way out.

On the other hand, Dahyun blushed like crazy that her face burned making her cheek to turned red. She and her friend, Chaeyoung got out from the store not longer after Sana and Momo did. They went to their bikes that they parked at the side of the store.

 

“What was that all about?” Chaeyoung asked Dahyun while getting her bike ready.

 

“What is?” Dahyun asked back, doing the same thing as Chaeyoung.

 

“Just now inside the store.” Chaeyoung said before she started cycling. Dahyun followed right after.

 

“Oh, nothing.” Dahyun answered with a straight-face.

 

Chaeyoung narrowed her eyebrows. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah.” Dahyun responded plainly.

 

“Okay.” Chaeyoung said. Honestly, she is still unsure about her friend’s answers but she decided to let it be.

 

For the high school students, today is their second week of school after the summer break. Unlike the college student specifically Minatozaki Sana, Dahyun is rather anticipating to go to school today because of the upcoming events her school will be having soon. There will be sport festival in August, bonfire party in September and Halloween prom night in October. All these activities excite Dahyun who is a social-butterfly herself which made more sense why she’s hyped about it.