Park Chaeyoung

THE ONE THAT GHOST AWAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   Chapter 3 ***

 

 

"Jisoo, are you okay?"

Lisa asked the girl who kneeling on the floor. Her name is Jisoo, huh. Is she also the girl that I heard that Lisa always hung around? So, the rumors were true. Lisa sure has a weird taste for people that she hangs out with.

"Yes. I'm fine..."Jisoo said, shaking her head and sitting on the floor while staring at me.  "You again. What do you want from me?"

"Is that how you thank the one who saves from this..." My finger swept across the people surrounding her. Ew, yuck. What's wrong with their clothes is so...Never mind."Anyway, I'm not going to waste my energy thinking about their choice of fashion."

"Hey-" The lady in a white long-sleeved and grey shirt tried to say.

"Hey, what?" I challenge her which she didn't accept. Good.

"Aren't you supposed to be in hell by now?" Jisoo said, rudely.

"Hey, that’s not very nice," I say, glaring at her.

"What? Me?" Lisa asks confused. Well, the fact that her weird friend was talking to a nonexistence human being.

"No. Not you..." Jisoo groans in frustration. "Can you help me up?"

Lisa knelt beside her and lift her arms across her shoulder, but her expression never changes from confusion.

"Hey you, are you new?" The old man with a janitor’s uniform asks me. "You must be new. I’ve never seen it before."

"Oh, I knew her. Park Chaeyoung." The girl in the cheerleading uniform says. "Who would have thought that you’re one of us." She added, laughing.

The way she laughs is so irritating. "I'm sorry but who are you?" I ask her.

"Oh, me?" She said still laughing.

 Yup, you idiot. You.

"Nevermind. Just zip it," I said, She another waste of energy. "All of you step away and haunt someone else," I told them. "That girl is mine."

My announcement has created a chaotic outburst from the others.

"You can't do that. I found her first." The janitor protested.

"Hey, Park Chaeyoung. Some of us have been waiting for a long time. So, wait for your turn."

"Hey, new girl---"

"Can you just shut up!" I yelled, which shut them up.

"Look, here's the deal." I declared. " I'm not good at waiting and If I want something that means I will get it. So, I'm only going to say this once. I found her this morning and she's going to help me first whether you like it or not. She's mine. End of story."

The moment I finished talking, a strange feeling crept behind my neck that sent chills all over my body. It's something that you feel when something creepy is about to happen.

"Did you feel that?" I ask and my eye shifted back to Jisoo. I don’t need confirmation from her, her expression says it all. She felt it too.

"Let's get out of her." She says to Lisa.

"Huh?" Lisa asks, blankly.

"Let's get out of here!" Jisoo yelled in panic.

Okay. What the hell is going on?

"Okay. Okay, okay." Lisa says but she didn't move. Her eyes were fixed on her. "It's here, right? The black entity?"

"Um," Jisoo shook her head when she saw the fear in Lisa’s eyes. "Let's just get out of here."

Black entity? What's that?

"Hey, we’re not---" I was about to stop them but then stop when I noticed something. To my surprise, I saw the black entity thing that Lisa was talking about. I was expecting that it would shape like a circle or something but it wasn't. It has a human form in it, well, almost like a human form, just larger and a bit taller.

The ghost scattered, and the cheerleader runs screaming with the lady in long sleeves and a grey shirt, right behind her. The Janitor and man in military uniform turned and walked silently passing through the walls.

Okay, that was unexpected. Why would they react like that? Sure, it's kind of scary but... I turned to look at it again.

Yup, it is scary.

I stepped back and runs towards Jisoo's side.

"Hey, explain what is that thing?" I whisper at her.

"Hey, Jisoo. Are we still leaving?" I heard Lisa asks.

"That 'thing' means we need to run," Jisoo says.

"Run but why?" Lisa asks.

"Just run." Jisoo pushed Lisa. "Run!"

"Okay. I'm running. Oh my god, Jisoo I'm going to freaking kill you. You’re making me crazy!" Lisa says and starts running on the opposite side away from the black entity.

"You too," she told me and run. I have no choice but to follow her and start running too.

I glance over my shoulder as we rounded around the corner and that black entity thing remained rooted to the same spots where I found it.

We run until we reached the Student Council building which was right next to the Art and Science lecture building. We finally stop and hide behind the hall, catching our breath.

"What is that thing?" I ask Jisoo again, still panting.

"That thing is the reason why I know you didn't commit suicide like what others thought."

"Suicide? There's a rumor about me like that?" I ask, surprised about hearing it. Oh my god, why would they think I'll commit suicide.

"Yes. Others thought that you committed suicide because your boyfriend cheated on you." Jisoo says.

I stare at her blinking, "What the hell?" I shouted. "Who the heck started that rumor. I'm going to kill them."

Jisoo shrugs. "Who knows?"

Oh, I'm so angry right now. How dare they? I loved myself more than I love that idiot ex of mine.

"Why did you make me run, Jisoo?"I heard Lisa ask, who was leaning against the wall next to me." And who the hell are you talking to?"

"Park Chaeyoung," Jisoo says, nonchalantly.

"Huh? She's here." Lisa started turning her head from left to right. "Where?"

"Next to you," Jisoo says.

Lisa automatically jumped away from the wall and her eyes erratically wanders around.

"So, she's the one you were talking to a while ago?" Lisa asks her.

"No. Other ghosts."Jisoo says.

" Huh?" Lisa stood in front of me, her hands on her hips like she was preparing to lead some kind of cheer.

" So, I'm guessing. We were chased by that black entity again?"

Again? That means this was not the first that it happens to them. And from the way Lisa talked, I'm guessing that she knows about Jisoo's ability.

"She knows everything, huh?" I ask Jisoo.

"Yeah, she's the only person..." Jisoo shrugs. "Living person who knows about my secret."

"You're talking to Park Chaeyoung again?" Lisa asks.

"Yeah, she's asking if you knew about my secret," Jisoo says.

Lisa nodded and heave out. "So, where are we going now?"

"Let's get out of here before that thing ---" I saw movement flash to the corner of my eye, and I automatically turned toward it, expecting those annoying ghosts again but instead, the black entity is now hovering just a few feet in front me.

I scream and tried to back away from it, but I couldn’t move, only to find out I'm disappearing. My body from waist down is no longer to be seen. I looked at my hands and they are slowly disappearing now. This had never happened to me before. Then I suddenly felt a hand gripping my arm, I turned and I saw it was Jisoo. She then pulled me out, shoving me out of the way, and then stood right in front of me. Pale, scared but determined.

I watched as the black entity rushed towards her, surrounded her, and threw her hard into the floor. Her head bounced off the floor tile with a loud clunk. Her eyes close and her body is motionless.

Well, so much for my only chance. I wondered if J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter