Kim Jisoo

THE ONE THAT GHOST AWAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Kim Jisoo

-----xoxoxo-----

 

I'm so stupid. I knew it was not a good idea to ride the bus. Damn it.

But I have no choice, my allowance is limited. I can no longer afford to ride a taxi anymore, it's too expensive for me and I don't get my payment until next week Wednesday, so I have to save money for the next 10 days. I hope my professor will not give us requirements that will involve money.

You must be thinking why I reacted that way when Park Chaeyoung touched me. You see, I have this ability that can see, hear and even touch dead people and that's why I always wear headphones and wear a hoodie to conceal their existence.

My life has been miserable because of this ability. I became an outcast for my entire high school year and had been a source of fun and bullying among my schoolmates. They think I'm crazy, a disturbance to the public because of my illness. Well, I have indeed been diagnosed with anxiety disorder a real illness that could see in a medical book but that wasn't what was wrong with me. The voices I hear and the dead people I see are all real, and what's worst, no one else believes in me. Medicine doesn't recognize this condition. Try to tell the doctor that you see and hear dead people and see what will happen and what will they tell you.

So, I tried my best to hide my ability, well, it's more like a curse. But lately, I've been experiencing some negative aura coming from one of the ghosts in school. I tried to stop coming to school for a week, but my mom found out about it and she threatened that if I stop coming to school, she will bring me back to my psychiatrist.

I hate my mother. I can take whatever people say about me, but when she's the one who's doing it, it hurts.

She doesn't understand me at all, no one does. That's why I hate to be around with people. I can stand them, but then again, I also can't stand dead, they annoyed me, and they won't stop talking to me. They beg me to help them, which was impossible.

You see, every ghost has an unfinished business, things they need to resolve. They can't cross to their dimension not unless they solve it, and work things out. In the past, I used to help them, the ones that talked to me. But instead of making things work out, it's only made it worst. For me and my family. The people they left behind, didn't believe in me, they up screaming at me, calling me crazy, tried to call my parents, and worst called the authorities. While the people who believe in me, became bothersome, followed me around wherever I go, and even tried to kidnap me. Others were crying and begging me to stay with them and tried to use me as an instrument to communicate with their loved ones. And it freaks me out even more than those people who didn't believe in me. So, I stop doing it.

I felt sorry for them, especially for those nice ones. Seeing them stuck in this messed up world, unable to rest in peace because of their mistakes and unresolved business that they couldn't fix. I could help them, but then, I'll be in the psychiatric ward before I even finish the job. So, no thank you.

------

Entering the lecture hall, I slipped my head down towards the back of the lecture hall and sat in my usual seat, third to the last row, two seats apart from the stairway. Far but enough for me to hear our professor's voice.

While waiting for our English Literature prof, I fish out my iPod, open my music player and scroll through my music playlist. I can relax, for now, I haven't seen any single ghost when I'm arrived at school other than Park Chaeyoung.

I tap g-dragon's 'Middle Finger' and play it because I could give anyone a middle finger right now. Nuh, just kidding.

As I glance up, I saw Lisa enter the lecture hall, she looks up and waves when her eyes landed on me. She knows where I usually sit. Then made her way up towards me, but she suddenly halts at the two girls seating in front of me. opened as she talked to them, and the girl's eyes went wide, but instead of glittering with joy and excitement like I usually noticed when Lisa talks to them, their eyes were shocked and turned into fright.

I pull down my hoodie and slid my headphone off to try to hear what Lisa was saying to them.

"... Got that !" that was the only words I capture from before she pivoted with sass and made her way toward me.

"What was that all about?" I ask Lisa as my eyes slid back to those poor girls and they were glowering at me. Nice. What did Lisa say this time?

"Nothing," Lisa said, shrugging and sitting next to me.

"That wasn't nothing. They just glared at me." I told Lisa.

Lisa shrugs again. "Don't mind them."

Yup, I'm definitely minding them. Being friends with Lisa is a constant struggle, her fans tried to befriend me because they want to get close to Lisa, and others hate me because I'm close to her. I don't want to have another one or even two more people glaring at me every time I walk by the hallway. Luckily, those fans don't gang me up like what you see in those movies where fangirls gang up against one girl because their idol gives her too much attention. And whatever reason was it, I do not care as long as they don't bother me. But I have a feeling that it had something to do with Lisa.

I sighed, knowing that Lisa will only keep shut if I keep on asking her.

"And what are you doing here? I don't remember you having this class with me." I ask curiously and suspiciously.

"I woke up earlier. So, I decided to go to school since it's boring at home." Lisa replied.

Woke up early? There's only one reason why she's here at this early though.

"Let me guess, it's your mom again," I said, eying her.

Lisa groan. "You won't believe what happened to me this morning..."

I already kinda have an idea of what happened to Lisa this morning, she constantly whines about her parent's problems and it always starts early morning.

"Mom barge into my room and start reciting her daily morning mantra. I should wake up because I'm a college student I should go to school early so I won't be late. And my freaking class won't even start until 1 pm." Lisa breathed out and then went on.

"And because I couldn't get back to sleep after my mom's ranting, I decided to just roll out of the bed, take a quick shower and dress up. I jog down the stair, in a hurry and ready to roll, but then my mom saw my outfit and went on with her undying speech about I should wear more feminine clothes because I'm a lady, not a dude. God, she's so annoying."

"Finished?" I ask. " I bet you're hungry because you didn't get your breakfast this morning. "

She nodded and pouted." Hungry and sleepy."

I reach for my backpack, fish out the sandwich I made this morning, and passed it to Lisa. Her eyes widen as she saw the sandwich in front of her and grab it eagerly.

"Thanks, Jichoo, you're a lifesaver," Lisa says, calling me with the nickname she gave while smiling at me widely.

I nod and look down trying to hide my grin. I stated earlier that I can't stand to be around with people, but Lisa is different. She's the only person who believes in me and believes in my ability. She's treated me like a normal person when others don't.

I met her during high school. She just transferred from Thailand, here in Metropolitan City. She's said it was because of her father's job. I treated her just like how I treated everyone, ignoring them. But then after a week she transferred, I noticed that she was being followed by a black smoke-like entity. At first, I just ignored it because I believed it was nothing but after three days, I saw the entity was still following Lisa around. I told myself not to get involved, but I was lashed out by my conscience, and in the end, I couldn't help it, I end up helping her. And the rest is history.

I offer my water tumbler to her after she finished the sandwich. She opens the cup and drinks a mouthful amount of water.

"It's almost time," I say as I glance down at my wristwatch. It's 7:50 am, and it's almost time for class, but where the hell is our professor.

"Where is Prof. Kim. Usually, he comes 10 minutes before the class starts." I mutter.

"It's that a bad thing that he's late?" Lisa ask, as her eyes bore towards the couple messing around at the bottom seats.

"Not really." I say, "Just curious why he's not here."

"I can't believe you're taking this class. It's boring." Lisa blurts out.

"I don't have a choice. If I don’t take this class. I can't graduate." I inform her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter