Chapter 2

I’m Not Suppose to be With Him

Kristy woke up the next morning excited to get to school for the first time. 

She knew she probably wouldn’t have any classes with Jimin that day but maybe she could see him passing by. She quickly got dressed and left for school, the sooner she arrived the more time she’d have to look for him. “Not to talk of course—just look” she kept repeating to herself. As she was walking to school she heard someone faintly yelling behind her. “Weird..its too early to be yelling” she said to herself.

 

“…kristy!!…..kristy!!…HEY KRISTY WAIT UP!!”

 

She recognized that voice, it was Jimin’s but she couldn’t believe her ears. She immediately turned around to see if what she heard was true. She was right.

Jimin was running towards her along with two other boys. She was even more nervous today talking to him. She stayed up rather late last night talking with Jimin. She never stayed up that late talking to a boy and honestly felt like she sounded silly whenever she sent him a text but he responded each time until she fell asleep. It was already so hard for her to talk to him and now he brought two friends with him. She was dreading his arrival yet wanted nothing more than to be with him. 

“Hey Kristy! Long time no talk!” Jimin said jokingly 

“Oh…hi Jimin…” Kristy quietly said.

“Come on now…you cant be shy with me still, Kristy. We talked all night…remember” Jimin replied with a smile on his face knowing the effect it had on her. Kristy immediately blushed.

“All night??…Wow Jimin, already?” One of the boys who was with Jimin questioned.

“Haha not like that Tae!” Jimin quickly shot back.

“Kristy, these are my friends Taehyung and Jungkook. I call them Tae and Kookie. They go to the same school as well. Taehyung is in my class and Jungkook is a year below you. They are new to the school too.”

“Hi…I’m Kristy” Kristy again said softly. “Oh we know about you..” Jungkook scoffed.

“You do?” 

“Oh yes, Jimin spoke about you all throughout dinner last night. Good things of course” Tae continued “Thanks for eating lunch with him, although I’m sure he didn’t give you a choice, huh Jiminie?”

“Oh, its fine. I didn’t mind. But you’re right…he didn’t really give me a choice” Kristy said with a smile on her face.

“Heyyyy you could have said no!” Jimin snapped back. 

“Could she, Jimin? We all know you have a way of charming girls!” Taehyung said to Jimin. “Its okay Kristy, its hard to resist his charms.” Kristy blushed again.

“Anyways!” Jimin quickly tried to change the subject. “I had no idea we lived so close to each other, Kristy.” 

“Where do you live, Jimin?” 

“The members and I live in that apartment complex over there.”
“Members?” Kristy asked.

“Yeah, we’re in a K-Pop group called Bangtan Sonyeondan!” Jimin exclaimed.

“Bang..tan…what?” Kristy asked.

“You can just call us BTS” Jungkook said under his breath.

“That sounds much easier to say. I have to be honest, I’m not too familiar with K-Pop…How come you guys are here? I’m sure the K-Pop following is bigger in South Korea.”

“Well we haven’t debuted yet” Jimin began to explain. “We came to the America to train to become better dancers and singers. We are trying to give a more westernized vibe in our music so we can appeal to fans at a global level, rather than just eastern Asia.”

“Wow! So when you’re not at school you’re training?” Kristy asked.

“Yep..its exhausting honestly. Our schedule is already so busy school - train - eat- sleep and repeat. We rarely have days to ourselves already and just think its going to get worse once we debut” Tae interrupted.

Kristy was shocked and then felt guilty that she had kept Jimin up late in the night texting. 

“I’m sorry I kept you up late, Jimin. I had no idea how busy you were, I’m sure you need as much sleep possible.” She said looking down.

“Oh don’t worry Jagiya! I like talking to you.” Jimin said while winking at Kristy.

Kristy face was now bright red.

“Already with the Jagiya, Jimin??” Jungkook interrupted.

 

They finally arrived at school. Taehyung and Jungkook rushed inside while Jimin stayed back to talk to Kristy.

“Kristy, I know you’re a little shy and I can be a bit overwhelming…but I meant what I said back there. I do enjoy talking to you. I can already feel a connection with you so please feel free to talk to me whenever you’d like…even if its late at night. Again..I’m not hitting on you. There’s just something about you that makes it really easy to talk to you. I really hope we remain friends.” He gave Kristy a hug and waited for a response.

Kristy could barely speak. She managed to say “okay” but barely.

Jimin gave her a smile and told her he better be going to class and walked away waving. “Wait for me after school okay?” Jimin yelled 

 

Kristy could barely move. Jimin had completely swept her off her feet in less than 24 hours and he did so by barely doing anything—just being nice to her.

“Is that all it takes to get me?” Kristy argued with herself. “Is this really all it takes..just some boy being nice to me??”

But she knew Jimin wasn’t just ‘some boy’ She agreed with him—there was some connection between them. Something inside told her that she didn’t want to live without him. It didn’t even have to be in a romantic way but Jimin needed to be in her life. It definitely confused her. Was she suppose to be having these feelings this young? Were his feelings as intense as hers?

The late bell rang reminding her of the reason why she was there and she hurried to class.

 

She had more things about Jimin to think about today. Their conversation last night, his friends, his smile, the hug he gave her that morning, and what on earth did jagiya mean.

Soon it was time for lunch. While walking to the cafeteria she saw Jimin and Taehyung walking out of the room. They already had a group of friends. She knew he would be able to find friends easily. He was so charismatic, it would be hard not to like him. She tried to hide herself. She didn’t do well talking to lots of people. But Jimin saw her.

“Hey Jagiya!” He ran over and gave her a hug. “Food is brown just like yesterday…I guess I’ll just have to get used to it, huh?” Kristy managed to respond to his joke with a laugh but was so entranced with his smile that she didn’t say anything. “Well I’ll see you later, Kristy!” and he went back to his new group of friends. He and Taehyung waved and headed out of the cafeteria.

 

“Ummm…..why didn’t you tell us you became friends with the cute new boys?” Kristy was once again brought back to reality, this time by her friend Elisa.

“I just met him yesterday. He’s just being nice” Kristy said sadly.

“I don’t think so, Kristy….he just ran up and hugged you.” her friend Tanya responded.

“No…he’s just being nice” Kristy reassured herself.

 

The rest of the day went by quickly like the morning. Again, Kristy spent her time thinking of Jimin.

 

The last bell rang and Kristy immediately went to the front of the school to wait for Jimin.

When she finally saw him, her heart sank. He was surrounded by a bunch of girls. She waited a little longer but less than she was planning on. Jimin didn’t seem to notice her.

“Just like I predicted…” Kristy thought and started heading home. “Why would he want to do anything with me when he could have any girl he wants.” She knew this was eventually going to happen but this hit harder than she thought it would. 

 

“Didn’t I tell you to wait for me?” someone whispered in her ear.

Kristy flung her hand back as a natural reaction. It was grabbed by Jimin before it made any contact with him.

“Whoa I know I’m late but you don’t need to get physical!”

“I’m sorry! You scared me! I’m so sorry!” Kristy shrieked.

“Hey Jagiya, its okay! I’m only joking!” Jimin reassured her while locking her arm around his and started walking. 

“So why weren’t you going to wait for me?”

“Oh..well..I saw you were busy with those girls” Kristy began to explain while looking back to point at the group of girls he was previously with. They were all staring at her in complete shock wondering why Jimin would choose to walk with Kristy—while holding her.

“So? I want to walk home with you! You’re more interesting than them.” he laughed.

“But…I don’t talk much” Kristy said shyly.

Jimin stopped and turned to her. “Kristy, I haven’t seen you all day I want to talk to you. I told you…we have a connection.”

 

Again, butterflies filled Kristy’s stomach. Much quicker than the day before.