HER | II

Her

The cold night breeze made Yujin shiver. It was almost winter and yet here she is, wandering the streets of San Francisco. It's been a week since Wonyoung's funeral. She didn't want to go but she thought that Wonyoung wouldn't be happy if she wasn't there. They were together from the start, they made unforgettable moments together, they made promises to keep. She even promised to eat mincho ice cream with her if she wakes up but that'll never happen now. Wonyoung was supposed to have an operation but they cancelled that when Yujin came back. The girl's health even worsened that she had to be on life support again. A year ago, Kaeun proposed an option to Wonyoung's parents and that is to let her go. There were times where the younger girl would fight her sickness, she would always make progress but then a new year came and suddenly everything went downhill. Wonyoung fought hard and it was time for her to rest. 

"I wish you didn't had that heart disease. I'm so sorry Wonyo." Yujin was quick to wipe away her tears. 

"I said I'd do my best but I didn't. I'm so sorry." She muttered under her breath while leaning on one of the lamp posts. 

The young doctor continued to walk when she managed to calm herself down. While she was on her way back, she thought she saw a familiar person standing at the bus stop, she couldn't see her face clearly because the person was far away from where she is. Yujin thought that she could be wrong so she continued walking back. 

.
.
.
.

"Oh! You're here. We were waiting for you." Yena said while putting her arm around the younger girl.

"Here, have this soup. You must be freezing cold." Eunbi said while pulling a chair for Yujin to sit. 

Yena and Eunbi exchanged glances and the oldest couldn't help but sigh. Yena draped a thick blanket around Yujin who was just silently sitting. Eunbi scooted closely to engulf the youngest in a hug. Silence filled the whole house until muffled sobs can be heard. 

"It's alright.... It's alright to cry." 

"Everything will be fine. Not now but soon." 

.
.
.
.

Yujin can't tell if she's already fine, it was a lot to take and she is in the process of coping up. She drowned herself in work so she can be distracted somehow. The young doctor was busy walking down the hallway while scanning the papers she just took at the record room. She didn't noticed her surroundings until she bumped into a girl carrying a bunch of stuff. 

"I'm really sorry. I should've been more careful." Yujin said as she immediately picked up the things on the floor. 

"No, it's my fault anyway. I'm sorry too." The doctor suddenly lifted her head when she heard the girl's voice. 

They both looked like they had seen a ghost. It was truly unexpected for her to see this person here.Yujin can't process what's happening, they were just staring at each other, both of them are now  speechless. Suddenly a voice interrupted them. 

"Yujin, what's taking you so long? I've been waiting for–" Yena immediately stopped talking when she saw the girl in front of Yujin. 

"Chaewon."