Prologue

Her

The weather was gloomy. It matches perfectly with Yujin's mood. She just got a call from her father, telling her to go to his office. Yujin doesn't have a good relationship with her father, she hates the man that raised her for some reason. The elevator stopped at her father's office floor. She hurriedly walked as the employees greeted her. 

"What do you want?" Yujin yelled as soon as she got inside. She has no time for the old man's antics. 

"Good afternoon to you too, my precious daughter. Have a seat first before yelling at me." Mr. Ahn was smiling at her daughter who is clearly pissed.

The old man slid a brown envelope to Yujin.

"Do you mind telling me what's this?" Anger and disappointment was evident in her father's voice. 

"An envelope."

"Open that ing envelope, Ahn Yujin and tell me what's inside!" Mr. Ahn slammed his hands onto the table as he stood up. 

Yujin slowly pulled the envelope's contents and she felt her heart drop. Her mind was in a state of chaos. Her heart was beating fast like it was about to burst. 

There were pictures. Pictures of her and her girlfriend, Minjoo.

"She's my friend."

"Stupid reason! Do friends kiss each other? Since when did that happened, Ahn Yujin? You know that I don't allow this kind of things. You are the heiress to my position in this company, you carry my name! And now you do this kind of disgraceful things?!" 

Yujin felt her heart shatter. She felt hurt to hear these words from her own father. Even though he hates him, she still wants her father to accept her for who she is. 

"What now?! What will you do? I don't care if I'am the heiress to this ing company. I don't want that kind of job anyway. Let me live my life just for once! I don't care about what you say." She was balling her fists under the table, she was stopping herself from hitting her father.

"You will care if I do something to her." A smirk crept on the old man's lips. Yujin immediately stood up and grabbed her father's collar. 

"Stay away from her! Can you let me be ing happy just for once?!" 

"Yujin, I'll give you a choice. Break up with that girl and study abroad or I'll do something to her that you won't like." Mr. Ahn smiled at her daughter. Yujin's grip on her father's collar immediately loosened. She pushed him away before falling back to her chair. Yujin sighed deeply. She knows him like the back of her hand, she knows how evil her father can be. She knows. Yujin has never been scared like this in her entire life. 

.
.
.
.

Yujin held the steering wheel of her car tightly. Her mind is in deep chaos. She doesn't know what to tell Minjoo. She's so  used in disobeying his father, but she can't disobey him this time because it involves the girl that she loves the most. 

A 10-minute drive to Minjoo's house wasn't enough for Yujin to get her together. She doesn't know what to do. After this, she will have to leave everything and everyone. She will have to leave her. 

The young girl silently cried inside her car, it was too much. She doesn't want to make her cry. She doesn't want to break her apart. 

She took a heavy sigh as she stepped out of her car. With her heart beating fast, she knocked at the door, only to be greeted by a smiling Kim Minjoo. Oh, how she loved that smile so much. She realized that she'll miss seeing it when she leaves. 

"Yujinnie! What brings you here? I thought you are still at school by this time?" Minjoo is so enthusiastic that it made Yujin feel sorry. She wrapped the older girl in a tight hug.

"Did you missed me that much?" Minjoo giggled. 

The younger girl pulled away from the hug while trying her best to stop the tears from falling. 

"I'm sorry, Minjoo." 

"W– What are you sorry for?" 

"I don't want this anymore. Let's b– break up." 

The older girl's face fell. Tears started rolling down on her porcelain cheeks. 

"Yujin, this is such a bad prank. What are you talking about?" Minjoo jokingly pushed the latter while forcing a laugh.

"I'm not fooling around, Minjoo. We're done, I don't want this anymore." 

"Why all of a sudden? We're doing fine, what's wrong? What's the matter? What got into you? Yujin please." The older girl tried to hold Yujin's hands but she pulled it away. 

"I'm tired Minjoo! I don't want you anymore. I don't love you anymore." 

As soon as Yujin walked away, her vision became blurred. She can't believe she did that to her. She didn't want to hurt her but she did what she can to save her. 

Yujin can see Minjoo sitting helplessly at the porch while sobbing uncontrollably. Her heart hurts at the sight. 

"I'm so sorry, Minjoo. I really am." And with that, she drove away.