Chapter 3

Erase

Chapter 3 

 

Lucas

 

"Get yourself together." My manager warns me.

 

. There she is. 

 

Act normal. Stay calm. Get it together, dammit. I can feel my ears turning red as I stride closer and closer to her.

 

I can't do this. 

 

Fans of the show then come blasting from the airport doorway once we enter the wide area. They crowd the whole area of the visitors' area like it's just the most normal thing. I smile at them and pretend as if I'm not having a torturing moment of my life. 

 

"Yukhei oppa!!"

"LUCAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS"

"AAAAAaaahHHhhHhgghGhhh"

 

I acknowledge them, giving them the fan service that they deserve while still walking toward her.

 

"Yuqi"

"NEOMU KYEOOOO"

"YUQIIIIII UNNIE"

 

When I keep up her pace, I try to approach her. I was about a meter away from her when she mouths, "Don't" her eyes practically begging.

 

I a bit surprised to see her wearing that hopeless expression like she was keeping something inside of her, kind of like holding back.

 

"Yuqi, I.."

 

I reach out to touch her but was pulled away by a hand. "Not here, Lucas. There are thousands of fans watching you." 

 

Saved by the bell that we can all call the manager.

 

I furrow my eyebrows and look at each of my side. Cameras flashing. Fans screaming. Phones shoving to my face. More cameras flashing. Still hesitant, I come forward, but stop when I see Yuqi running to a man, hugging the out of her. 

 

 

Who the f. My jaw drops. 

 

So that was easy for her. From my view, I see her smiling ear to ear as she returns the hug to him. Wow. Oh, wow.

 

I still hear my fans calling my name from my sides. And I still continue to smile brightly despite the action happening right in front of me. Yah, the thing about my patience. It's slowly all getting into places and I somehow lost control of it now.

 

"I missed you so much, gege!" I hear from a distance. They sound cozy. 

 

And totally disgusting. I ignore them and continue with my fan service, smiling at cameras and receiving gifts. Tch, ew. Really? In public? She can do better than that. I won't look back. I will not. I swear.

 

I look back at them.

 

. Why can't I stop my attention for her? 

 

I took a glance from the corner and catch her eye-ing me. I feel my face burn in excitement. Dammit, I should look away. 

 

I squint my eyes as if telling her, 'stop it'

 

She replies with an eye smile sarcastically and it quickly turns into a glare as if saying, 'make me'

 

'Oh, it's on' I mouth. She raises a brow and smirks, not leaving her eyes at me. 

 

A hand pinches me in my waist. Ow!!!

I wince as my manager nags at me. "Stop eyeing each other in public, Yukhei" 

 

When I return my witness to Yuqi, she's smiling in accomplishment. I bit my lip to refrain my self from smiling back at her but royally failed at it so I hide it by running my hand down my jaw and face the look up the ceiling.

 

I accept defeat. Yeah. I sure can accept defeat when it comes to her. 

 

Dammit, what's happening to me? Sceretly flirting in public? I shake my head in denial and continue to walk down the aisle toward the exit of the airport. 

 

"Hey! Wait at me!" My manager hollers at me from behind.

 

I'm mad at myself, alright. I don't know what kicked my nerves to tense, And I'm damn not so sure why. Just that I feel my pulse kicking up for feeling this way and for not knowing why I'm acting like a moody teenager or whatever. 

 

When I reach Yuqi and the guy whom by the way she was clinging on to for dear life (not cute, to be honest). I walk coldly, not giving them the slightest bit of my attention even when I feel her stare burning a hole at the back my head.

 

I laugh bitterly and fasten my pace to the exit. Two can play this game.

 

Yuqi

 

I repeatedly convince myself that I was gonna ignore him.

 

Okaaay? So what the heck was that? 

 

 

"He looks head over heels into you" My cousin smirks. 

 

I roll my eyes and shake my head. There is no way he feels that way. "Can you not recall the way he just passed by me as if I did not exist? That's straight up rude and I hate him for that" I argue and folded my arms.

 

I pick up my bag and stomp irritatingly. "I'm going. I'll text you later for dinner." I can feel my mood going down as I say each word. 

 

I sigh and give him a peck on the cheek before going down to the exit with my manager. 

 

 

Shooting Day

 

 

"Where do I go? I'm not so sure how--Woah! What is that?" I look down and see the chair folded down in the floor. 

 

Good thing my clumsiness saved me from that, I guess? 

 

I laugh it off in the camera but deep inside I was like ' u thought' while I flip my hair to the side.

 

The staff gestures at me to introduce myself and I willingly did so.

 

"Hello everyone. I am Yuqi from g(idle)!" I say cheerfully. I was not nervous, well maybe just a little? No, I was practically shaking when I reach the wooden door with a knob on the side. 

 

I was confident with the idea of filming because I am comfortable with the cameras but the idea of seeing a certain man on that other side of the door is making me feel jittery . I already erased my feelings for him yet why do I feel otherwise? Ugh, why though!

 

I am blocked by a certain prank or something on the door but am welcomed by the rest of the members on the show when I quickly figured it out. I search the room and found him. There he is.

 

He smiles at me and I nod in acknowledgment. How fake can he be?

 

"Lucas here, has a surprise for you and wanted to give you his flowers." Angelababy says warmly.

 

Lucas has flowers in his hands and was acting all shy and everything when he was pushed toward me.

 

I laugh brightly and wait for him. Look at him acting like he actually likes being here in the same room with me. 

 

"No matter what happens, you just have to drink the lemon water without leaving a drop behind", he instructs. I nod in reply and smell the lemon water. Something seems off.

 

"So, I should just finish this and then done?"

 

"Yes, but you should finish it all in one go"

 

"Oh, okay okay"

 

"Hey! What are you trying to do with her?"

 

They all laugh in unison when I look up from the glass. 

 

I then start to drink the 'lemon' water when I taste something kick in. I quickly withdrew the drink and shake my head in frustration while mumbling something. Damn, that's salty.

 

The crew laughs when he imitates me.

 

I took a glance at him from the side and actualy see him laughing with them. Wow. he's a great actor. That much I could comment because he doesn't show any touch of care against my being here. I guess I could do acting as well.

 

Lucas

 

Shooting for the first episode was done and I'm tired asf. 

 

"Good work, everyone! Nicely done! Dinner is on the first floor of the building. Eat well everybody!" The director announces. Every person on the field starts to scurry away to leave the floor and eat their dinner. 

 

Li Chen is walking beside me to the elevator when he whispers at me, "Are you and Yuqi like secretly dating or something?" My eyes turn like saucers at his question.

 

"Huh? What makes you say that?" I say.

 

"I don't know. It's just that you guys have that connection when taping and then when the cameras are down you guys act like you don't know each other? It's like you guys are trying to avoid rumors around the set." 

 

"No, we're not dating that's for sure" I didn't mean it to come off as bitter as it came but damn. It left a pretty sharp taste in my mouth. 

 

"Think you don't have any problem with dating her, no? You are way too obvious man" He said tapping my back while laughing. Yeah there they go again with the laugh. 

 

I know what my situation is with this girl. It's ing funny. Right. Because I only get to fancy her from afar as she always gives me the red light whenever I'm trying to make a move on her. 

 

"--and she is walking toward you" I wasn’t able to clearly get what he was saying. I just realized when I look back and saw this woman running to us. 

 

I’m freaking alarmed. "What?!" I screamed. I’m not ready to face her yet. 

 

"What?" He asks, confused.

 

"What?" Yuqi says laughing. "What is up with the 'whats'?" Great. Now, she’s here. Not that I don’t want her here, but you get the point. 

 

"Oh hello there Yuqi!" He opens his arms at her and she comes in right away in his body. 

 

I smile at the spectacle in front of me, reminding myself of the hugging ceremony the other day initiated by the queen of temptation, herself. this self-control. How come she hugs all other men aside from me?

 

She steps away from him before acknowledging my presence. 

 

"Lucas" she says my name like a whisper. I am dead. I punch myself at the back of my mind to tell myself to behave. 

 

I give her a quick once-over and nod then I proceed to look at the ceiling. I felt Li Chen elbow me in the rib with this intense eye signal he was giving me. I know I’m messing this up. 

 

He raises his brow in question. 

 

I look at Yuqi and wave at her nervously. 

 

A moment of awkward silence. “So, I guess I’ll see you two around?” He gave us both a wink and left. 

 

I stand there looking anywhere but her. I took a glance and see her with this unpatient glare. , she’s hot. And I gotta stop myself with all these runaround thoughts.

 

I smile, still not looking at her, the tension running all over my face before turning my back to leave. I will ing regret this. I will regret this. Dammit. 

 

I hear rapid footsteps behind me as it gets louder and louder for me to stop and look back. But, of course, I was too chicket.

 

"So that's just how it's gonna be?" I hear her angelic voice at the back. 

 

I forgot every single thing that I rehearsed with my hyungs at the dorm and stood their speech-ing-less.

 

"I thought we were at least friends??" she says in a warm tone. 

 

Still nothing from me. If I turn around and find her wearing that sad face, I'm seriously not gonna be able to forgive myself. 

 

"I..." I start to mumble.

 

"Yeah, I was right" I hear her moving. I turn around and catch her hand in an instant.

 

I look at our hands and notice the difference. It's pretty cool how her hand fits mine. 

 

My eyes go up to her face and notice her scrunched up expression. Shoot. My thumb find a soft spot on her knuckles and I see how she softens when I run my fingers through it. But , I'm panicking. Quick, think of a pick up line. I run through the pick up lines that I memorized with my hyungs.

 

"If you were a steak you would be well done." I blurt out. She squints her eyes at me like i’m a weirdo.

 

"A what?!" she literally screams.

 

I struggle to find the word. "I..I...said you look like a steak." What did I just say. 

 

"Dammit!" She removes her hand from mine and starts to walk away. 

 

Maybe Yuta hyung's pick-up line..

 

"Wait! are you from Japan?” I keep up with her side by side, “cause I'm trying to get in Japanties." I say brightly. This made her stop from her pace. 

 

I finally got her, a’right. This wild little girl. I congratulate myself.

 

She slowly turn around as I see her cheeks blushing so hard, it might as well be the tomato used fo--. "You ert!" She throws her umbrella at me before continuing her walkathon toward the exit.

 

Or actually maybe not. Too straightforward. I follow her and think of the best line that my hyungs gave me. Jaehyun hyung...

 

"Ow! Wait! You're so fine, I want to pour milk all over you and make you part of my complete breakfast." Ok, now that sounded way too thirsty. 

 

I hear her groan in anger. "ing weirdo!!" I duck from the object that she keeps on throwing at me. Might not be the best pick up line, I guess?

••••••••••••

 

Hello, lovely viewers and subscribers. Thank you for viewing this story and if you loved it please give this one an upvote. 

 

Leave a comment down below.  Love you all, and see you on the next chapter.