Chapter 1

Erase

Chapter 1

 

"I'm so nervous! I don't know what to do!" I scream in frustration while my members keep on picking on me. 

 

I roll my eyes and give them 'the' look. "I just love how you guys are so supportive of my situation, I'm really really touched." I say sarcastically. 

 

And so they continue to laugh their asses off. 

 

So this is the 'situation'. Our manager just called me an hour ago saying I have to start packing because I have a month-long or so schedule for filming Keep Running in China, which is totally good news because I'll be able to visit my family and friends but that was not until she mentioned a certain someone who will be with me for the rest of the month. Wong Yukhei. The freaking Wong Yukhei who I have a tiny bit of a crush on. Wong Yukhei who asked for my number randomly after the Knowing Brothers giving an excuse of 'We foreigners, so I think you know we could hang out with others too sometime. I could create us a group chat or something'.And up until today the said group chat is nowhere to be found. The same Wong Yukhei who has been texting me a lot these days but don't get your hopes up because he just text insults and random jokes and that's about it. I, your not-so-fragile hoe always finds an excuse to feed my feelings with these mentioned texts as if they are sent out of love (which clearly they aren't )

 

Exhibit A:

 

Lucas: I sometimes think about your hair. Why do you always curl them? Are you ugly without them on?

 

Well let's just give it to me to count it as a plus because he was thinking about me, right?

 

Exhibit B:

 

Lucas: So we got into this party last night with my members and we were surrounded by some girls who were practically eye-ing us. Two of them asked for my number and I gave them yours. I mean, it could be fun to practice your flirting skills (just imagine she's a he) even thought I think it won't really happen soon. No offense.

 

Me: None taken. 

 

That same night I got a text from an unknown number. 

 

0**********: Hi! ;) I'm Germaine from last night? My members will all be gone by tomorrow since they are all going home to their houses. I just thought maybe we could catch up from what we left off last night? 💦💦

 

I roll my eyes and sent a middle finger emoji in reply to her. 

 

And lastly,

 

Exhibit C:

 

Lucas: Hey, just want to let you know that I listened to your album a while ago because I'm bored and wanted to ask if you could get me a sign from Soojin and Soyeon? 

 

 

All this, my members know in microscopic detail. That is why they're all for teasing me nonstop with the future of me not being able to control myself around Lucas during Keep Running. 

 

"HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Yuqi it's really too much for me!" Soojin says putting her hand on her forehead. 

 

"Yah! I can imagine! HAHAHAHAHA" Soyean exclaims. 

 

Wow they're REALLY hopeless.

 

I look to the other side and I see Shuhua and Minnie literally rolling on the floor laughing. Traitors. Miyeon who's quietly on her phone looks up on the two and shrugs her shoulders before leaving the room. 

 

My phone suddenly pings on the coffee table. .

 

Shuhua and I make an eye contact when I noticed a smirk on . You have got to be kidding me.

 

 

I make a run to the corner of the room where my phone was located and see Shuhua doing the same. 

 

My phone them decided to have a mind on its own and rang, indicating an incoming call. Huh. No, not today.

 

I run as fast as I could not giving a damn on Soojin and Minnie's teasing, who are enjoying this a bit too much. 

 

3 meters......2 meters.......1 met--FUCCKK! That hurt. I find myself in the floor planking. Face planted on the floor. 

 

"Oh hey there Lucas, what's up?" I hear Shuhua in the background. Ow, my head hurt, my ankle was somehow twisted but when I hear his name out of Shuhua's mouth I quickly got up from my position and rush toward my members cooing over the phone. 

 

"Yuqi-unnie? She's fine." She say as she makes a face to me. I try to get to the phone but the two made a barrier. And then, I see something twinkle in her eyes. She has gone crazy. "She says she wants to see you, she misses you bad. She's been mentioning you all day all night I mean really though even in her sleep--" With all my strength, I pass through the human barrier and grab the phone from her hand before glaring at her. 

 

'this ain't over' I mouth to her while I move to the bathroom with the phone. Before I close the door I mime an 'I will kill you' gesture slicing the neck before disappearing to the room. I can feel my face burning and my heart pounding as realization kick in that Lucas called me.

 

Stupid. Crushing on someone who calls you bro won't get you to something. 

 

I place the phone in my ear and wait for him to speak through the phone. I was anticipating his sweet voice. Why does he have this kind of effect to me?

 

I brace myself and manage to squeak a tiny, "Hello?" 

 

My heart did a double twist in the air when I hear him laugh. Gahd, that laugh. It tickles me in the stomach.

 

"Hi, ugly" He says confidently. 

 

Well what do you expect from this clown? And what do you expect from me who's getting excited with being called ugly? Pabo.

 

I roll my eyes. "I told you to not call me that." I argue. 

 

"Cupcake, Coobear, Sweetpe--"

 

"Omygahd stop" I interrupt cringing.

 

"Whichever do you prefer?" He says teasing. I can hear his smile all the way from here. 

 

"Well, I think I very much prefer to be called as Yuqi only thank you very much. I don't recall being a fan of petnames let alone have someone to name me one" I state. "No one owns me" 

 

"yet" I hear him whisper. 

 

I'm about to answer back when he says, "Cause no one likes you" then he laughs like a devil.

 

Huh. Way to ruin the moment.

 

"No one you know likes me." I snap. I mean come on let's face it, no one truly likes me. With this tomboyish personality and smol height, there couldn't possibly be someone who wants this kind of mofo as a girlfriend. I've accepted that long ago. 

 

"Why? Is there someone trying to get in touch with you?"

 

Ha! Literally no one! But I didn't need that for him to feed his ego and at this moment all I could just think about was trying to pretend like I have some kind of admirer just to impress the out of him.

 

I pause and let out a fake giggle. Dumb (joke's on me cause I apparently sound like a deer choking on a leaf). "Actually, yes there is someone."

 

I hear him hiss and shout. "Nugu? Is it a celebrity? From what company? Is he a senior? or was it that junior group who just debuted? Yah..I specifically told them to stop liking you" He says mumbling the last sentence that I was not able to catch.

 

"Hey! Don't act like you care--"

 

"Yah! I don't really care, ugly. It's just funny to even imagine the idea of you having an admirer." He laughs ever-so-lightly as if it is forced out of him. "I mean look at you."

 

Wow. That hurt. And it hurt more because it came from him.

 

"Look at me?" I repeat. I raise my hand to my cheek and feel a damp spot. Good cry. What a way to start the day.

 

"Yeah. Look at you...ivealwyksiksvagajbx" He says as he mumbles more words that I'm unable to catch again. All I could hear was my heart breaking. Dramatic, isn't it? 

 

"Woah. Really, you clearly didn't need to go there." I say defensively, my voice rising.

 

"Yuqi--"

 

"No, don't. I know I don't go on the same level like the hoes that you always hang out with." I feel my face heat up with sudden rage and anger. To always see those girls who cling into him like octopuses makes me sick. "I know I'm not like the supermodel type with perfect proportions, whose tall and curvy in all places. I'm sorry I don't dress up like a party girl whenever I go out the house and I'm ing sorry if my face doesn't reach on your beauty standards. You arrogant son of a . Don't you dare call me again you hoe. What's really the point of your call? You just ended a not-really-there friendship. I'm so mad at you" I scream on the phone and end the call immediately.

 

I put it down, and fell down on the tile floor. Pulling my legs to my chest, I drop my head and cry like a baby. 

 

Stupid. How could I? I hate myself. Hate myself for liking that devil with a face of an angel. I'm dumb enough to think that he'd someday view me as a woman. 

 

Okay, now I'm officially calling it. My feelings for Wong Yukhei expires today. I'm now erasing you from my mind and my heart.