The Surprise Announcement

Desi Girl of Bangtan |BTS|

Desi girl of Bangtan

Chapter Two

The surprise Announcement

~Normal~

After Mathi spooked Suho out, she lethargically walked to her class, chuckling all the way. She is not a fortune teller, because she had just heard his Mathematics teacher complaining about her headache to another staff, and how she couldn’t prepare for the surprise test. Suho is just not observant.

Mathi brushed her bangs away from her eyes and opened the door of her class, which is Arts and Paints now and blinked in surprise to see screaming students. She frowned, narrowing her eyes before side-stepping at the last moment when a used paint can was thrown right at her face.

Her teacher smiled in relief when she saw Mathi stepping inside the small room where canvas boards and tools filled to the brim. Her face instantly brightened, and her eyes glowed in appreciation when Mathi came in.

“Thank god you came, Moon!” Her teacher exclaimed, using her nickname.

She sweat-dropped but smiled politely. “Don’t worry…I’ll take care of this mess,”

“Ah, thanks, Moon!”

Mathi let out a crooked smile and nodded, brushing her bangs away. “Sure.”

The students were still chatting, bickering loudly over their teacher’s warnings and they weren’t even aware of Mathi who was standing right in front of them. Mathi adjusted her strap bag and clapped loudly, gaining the attention of the remaining students.

“Who had the nerve to throw paint can at me?” Mathi deadpans, creating an eerie silence in the room.

Students stilled at her voice, quickly rushing to their seats and uneasily glanced at each other, wondering who threw the paint can at Mathi, the Moon. Mathi has a special type of respect which was laced with slight fear and absolute terror. Students weren’t afraid of her before but after she ruined their famous Quarterback because he was harassing her best friend AKA Suho, their fears spiked up a notch.

The girls who threw the paint can accidentally at her, fidgeted uneasily in their seats and exchanged a fearful glance when Mathi unconsciously glanced at them. Mathi tilted her head, raising her eyebrows and analyzed the way their body and eyeball movements varied. She realized who the culprit was.

“Watch out…Whoever threw it at me will face severe consequences.” Mathi playfully warned and she saw the girls quietly shrieking. She felt a tad bit guilty for making them fear her but couldn’t able to stop this side of her.

She took her place and the teacher started to speak.

“Alright, class! Now, as I was saying before Moon came...This masterpiece of yours must be productive because it's gonna build up your scores! I know everyone here is talented and have amazing hand works, but the only thing you guys are lacking is...an aesthetic feeling! Try to bring more life into your paintings, everyone! And this time, there won't be any partnership.”

The whole class groaned and Mathi sighed in relief, sinking low in her stool. People always befriended her for her intelligence and she doesn't like it. They will leave all the hard work to her and get the credits, something she hates. So, it was a relief that their teacher decided not to have partners besides it will delay the submission of the painting.

“If I hear one more groans...You all can kiss your marks goodbye.”

The groans stopped almost instantly.

Mathi chuckled, shaking her head in disbelief. Students are more worried about their marks than their passion? Wow...

“Okay, you guys know the theme...Bring life to your canvas. Your project begins as of...now!”

There were scraps and screeches of tools and wooden canvas boards filled the small place. Mathi stood up from her seat, adjusted the canvas board and decided to draw Suho because his birthday is coming up and he is already whining her to get him a gift.

Taking the acrylics and palette plates, Mathi begun to ponder on what she should draw. She sighed, brushing her bangs away from her eyes, and stared right outside at the window, enjoying the warming sun rays that hit her skin. As thoughts begun to accumulate in her mind, something hit her when she saw Suho running into the ground, with his shirt off. Mathi blinked, tilting her head and realized that the second period must've started.

Mathi smiled, seeing her best friend being happy in the ground and when the sun rays hit his skin, they glistened as sweat were forming on his face. For a second, Mathi was stunned as she saw the rare sight of Suho being serious. His face was scrunched up in concentration and his eyebrows were pulled together, as he stared at the soccer ball right in front of him.

That’s when Mathi decided to draw Suho his own picture. With an excited smile, she took the necessary paint colors and started to softly the brush across the white canvas sheet. Different colors clashed with each other, creating a vibrant look and feel. As Mathi’s picture progressed slowly and steadily, the bell rang for lunch.

“Alright! Students, I want this project before your winter holidays, got it? Now, get going!”

Mathi nodded, taking her supplies with her and exited the room, only to meet Suho’s excited face.

Mathi blinked. “Suho?”

“Come on! I need to say something to you!” Suho grabbed her wrist and dragged her through the corridors, both of them ignoring how the students looked at them. They didn’t care about the rumors for they knew they both like each other as best friends and nothing.

Suho and Mathi reached the cafeteria, and bought their lunch before taking a seat in their usual table. As Mathi started to eat, Suho brought up the topic he wanted to talk with his best friend.

“I found a good way to spend your talents productively,” Suho started, perking up Mathi’s interests. She knew the word ‘talents’ mean her dance and singing skill.

“Yeah? And what is it?”

“You are familiar with K-pop, right?”

“How can I not when that is all you ever talk about?” Mathi muttered, rolling her chocolate brown eyes and Suho pouted.

“Yah! Stop teasing me and hear what I’m about to say!”

“Arasso, arasso…Tell me and I’ll hear,” Mathi jokingly said in Korean, shaking her head and chuckled.

“I’m talking about being a K-pop idol, Mathi.”

Mathi stopped eating, was open and she stared at her best friend as if he lost his senses. Clearly he did not, seeing the serious look and the way he called her real name…It sent unpleasant shivers down her spine. Mathi gulped down her food and took a sip of water from her bottle before glancing at her friend.

“Suho, it’s not even remotely funny. Stop it.” She said firmly, narrowing her eyes at him.

“No, I’m as serious as you are, right now.” Suho replied calmly, his striking green eyes bored into Mathi’s eyes.

“How can I, an Indian, become a K-pop idol, which recruits only Korean and Chinese? Asians?” Mathi sarcastically asked, rolling her eyes.

“Aren’t you an Asian?”

“You know what I mean.” Mathi deadpans.

“…There is currently an audition happening in Seoul in BigHit entertainment Company…” Suho explained and Mathi’s interests picked up again. “And for the first time…It’s an International Audition. We can, I mean, you can audition there!”

“…You’re not kidding, right?” Mathi asked, her heart beating a mile ahead when she heard this news. She really wanted the world to know the true self and not the fake, robot Mathivadhani. She wanted everyone to know about the Moon…The dancing machine which beat the underground battle champion, Rose AKA Arianna. She wanted the people to know about Angel, who sings more sweetly than the birds. She wanted everyone to know about her true self…

“I am not, Moon,” Suho smiled, giving her an eye smile.

Mathi’s heart didn’t stop hammering. “W-When is the audition? And where is it?”

“Ahh…That’s where we bump into an obstacle…” Suho scratched his head, chuckling nervously.

“Huh?”

“It’s happening tomorrow and…In Seoul.” Suho admitted and gulped when he saw anger flashing across Mathi’s brown eyes.

Mathi’s fingers formed into fist, and she gritted her teeth, swallowing the irritation and agitation that rose when Suho said that. “Suho…” She said in a warning tone.

“Wait, wait!” Suho pleaded, standing up when Mathi stood up in pure, hot anger. “I have a way!”

“Oh, then please grace me with that way, Suho because I can’t seem to see a way out of this mess!!!”

Suho suddenly smirked. “You know how to evade a fight, right?”

“Suho!” Mathi exclaimed in irritation and frustration, rolling her eyes in disbelief at his question.

“Trust me,” Suho’s eyes softened.

Mathi sighed through her nose, shaking her head. “Fine. I trust you.” Suho’s face brightened. “But what is that ‘fight’ you say?”

Suho smirked again, before winking at her. “Watch this pro!” He pointed to himself and strutted to their table.

Mathi questioned her best friend’s sanity when he said that but soon it begun to unveil. Suho took out his half-eaten lunch, which was something closer to spicy pasta, she guesses, and started to look around, as if searching for someone. When he found what he was looking for, Suho turned to Mathi.

“Get ready to run.”

Mathi couldn’t comprehend the statement before it started. Suho throw his lunch tray at one of the famous player in their school, Paul Snow. Paul Snow is a Quarterback and boy was he ruthless… He is known for his violent strikes and shots, mostly injuring others in his tackles. He had piercings on his ear and lips, and his hair is spiked upwards. His face showed dominance and reckless.

It was silent the moment Suho’s lunch tray hit the back of Paul’s head. Paul spun back, his eyes glinting in pure anger and he found the culprit who was waving at him with a cheerful smile AKA Suho.

“You!”

“Food fight!” Suho yelled.

Suho pushed Mathi down to the table as soon as those words escaped his lips. Mathi yelped from the sudden contact and looked above, only to realize the pasta, spaghetti rolls, burgers, French fries and etc are flying above them. People excitedly threw their lunch at each other, creating one of the messiest food fights ever in the Green High school that is famous for their discipline. The food servers screamed at the sight of the food flying around the cafeteria but even they were overpowered the amount of food the students threw at them.

“Suho! What is this?!” Mathi hissed nervously, seeing various sauces flying right beside her. She yelped when tomato ketchup hit her forearms, staining her maroon shirt. She heavily glared at her friend and Suho masked his slight fear with a sheepish laugh.

“I’ll buy you a new one,” Suho said quickly before she can lash out and gripped her wrist, pulling her up with his hood protecting her face. “Now, this is the only way to get going without getting caught!”

“But!”

“No buts!” Suho tightened his grip on her wrist when spaghetti noodles hit his chest, but he didn’t care about him. All his thoughts were on getting Mathi to a safe place without any food stains on her. She will kill him it happened.

Just then they’re about to get past the cafeteria, a very familiar voice yelled, overruling other’s screams and screeches.

“LEE SUHO! YOU’RE GONNA PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME!”

“,” Suho gulped, completely forgetting about Paul who was pushing past the food covered students to get to him. Suho is not a fighter, per se, he is more of a docile and quiet one. The only one who is ferocious is Mathi. And even she is surprised by the anger that’s flashing repeatedly across Paul’s face.

“Heyyyy, Paul! Looking pretty….peachy here?” Suho cringed at his lame attempt, mentally slapping himself senseless.

“YOU ING !” Paul raised his hands, to punch Suho who immediately closed his eyes with a scared yelp.

Just when his fist was about to hit Suho, Mathi did a flying kick. No one…I mean no one touches her friend. Mathi jumped a little in the air by pushing herself up by the chair and kicked Paul right on his chest, sending him flying towards numerous tables. Paul groaned when his back hit the tables, eventually breaking several wooden tables to splinters before he roughly slammed against the wall. Paul’s head hit pretty hard on the concrete wall and he slide down it, with his head rolling over his shoulders. His body slumped along the wall, unconscious.

Suho opened in his eyes, confused about the lack of fist when he saw Mathi dusting her hands off, with a cold face.

“Phew! Nice kick and nice save!” Suho exclaimed, raising his hands in the air, for a hi-vi but let it go with an awkward laughter, seeing her not-so-amused expression. “Okay, ahem, let’s go, I guess?”

Mathi nodded wordlessly, shoving others before they got out of the school.

“WHAT IS THIS?!” A curt voice exploded in anger and Suho grinned at his best friend who was finally laughing, hearing their Principal screaming at the top of his lungs. “WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!”

“HE DIDN’T ACCEPT OUR FIELD TRIP FORM!”

“LET’S GET HIM!”

“HELL, YEAH!”

Soon the students covered their Principal in food. He screamed, when the hot sauce and spicy ketchup poured over his bald head. He was steaming in anger when he opened the cafeteria door but it all whizzed out when this happened. He is finally regretting coming there.

“Aw…Maybe we should’ve escaped a little later?”

“Nah, I think we did the right decision.” Mathi patted Suho’s arm and they both laughed, before running off in opposite direction.
 


~Suho~

It was half past one when Moon and I reached her house. When she was shoving the large, spectacular grill gate aside, I was standing there in front of it with jaw dropped expression. The gate was amazing, with tigers on either side, growling ferociously. It might be my imagination but I saw some sort of gold colored metal sparkling in the canine teeth of the carved tiger. I titled my head, wondering if it was really gold, but then realized who would be dumb enough to embed gold in the front gate.

“Stop gawking and follow me,” Moon said, smacking my head and I yelped, rubbing the sore part.

“Yah, it hurts!”

Moon just chuckled, shaking her head before we both trekked along the decorated lawn. The path was covered with mosaic tiles, and I saw some kind of symbol like tiger growling again. I frowned, tilting my head. Why is the tiles covered with tigers? Moon doesn’t like tigers…She loves wolves…So what is the reason behind this?

Other than that, I was mesmerized by the enchanting green decorations. Long, flowering trees were grown on either side of the lawn, creating a glowing look. Some petals gently floated in the air due to the force of the wind, and it fell on my head. I giggled, and was about to brush it off when Moon’s hands interconnected with mine.

She smiled softly, ruffling my hair and made it messy, to give a more bad boy look. Her words not mine, though. I blinked but grinned, giving her thumbs up.

“Thanks,”

“You’re welcome.”

The house, which is actually a mansion but Moon vehemently denies it, was awesome! It looked more of an ancient and old fashioned, though…It was huge and large, taking up more acres than I imagined. I secretly began to think of Moon is a royal descendent….Well, it’s just a thought but then again, it could be true.

“Would you stop looking at me as if I’m a freaking queen?” Moon muttered, placing her hands in her pocket and gazed at me, tilting her head. “What are you thinking anyways?”

Scratch that last thought…I secretly think she is a mind reader. She can accurately guess anything that’s running on my mind! Either she is a mind reader or I’m an open book. It’s true that I can’t control my emotions quiet amazingly like she does, but still how can a person guess everything in their mind just by looking into your eyes and facial reaction?!!

“I’m done with you and your distracted mind.” Moon sighed heavily, grabbing my arm and started to drag me.

My dazed look vanished from my face and I looked at her, startled. “Yah!”

“Oh, shut up and come,” Moon rolled her eyes.

I just pouted.

When we entered her house, I can visualize why Moon never brought me here. The place looks expensive …And me being the clumsy one…I don’t even wanna think about it how many vases I would’ve broken.

I glanced around the house, spinning on my heels and I took in the amazing architectural works with jaw dropped expression. There was a long, spiral staircase with red carpet over it and it resembles that of a freaking palace! Several antique objects like golden swords with silver shields and the swords with long silver blades dominated the walls. Numerous glass objects and porcelain vases decorated the hall. It gave me a palace vibe.

“Are you sure you’re not from a royal family?” I questioned, raising my eyebrows at her.

Moon stopped walking for a second but turned around, her eyes flashing dangerously. “As far as I’m concerned…Moon is not from a royal family.”

I blinked from the ferocity in her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, okay…No need to look at me as if you’re gonna murder me, Moon…”

Moon blinked rapidly and her angered face turned to apologetic face. “Yeah, sorry…But it’s a touchy subject for me….And you know why…”

“Oh, right,” I nodded. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s alright,” Moon shrugged and she waved the servants off with a smile. We reached her room and she begun to buzz around, packing her things in a travel bag while I busied myself with the ticket booking. I booked an early flight from California to Seoul, South Korea for two persons. It’s a good thing that we both have our passports and visa…And I don’t think language is gonna be our problem because we both are fluent…Maybe not Moon who is still struggling with the pronunciations, by the way. The only problem is money… Where do we exchange our dollars to Korean money standard, Won? Also, we should worry about the accommodation too…

Ugh…I’m so unprepared!

“Alright, I’m packed.” Moon announced, breaking my panic state. “I know the way to exchange our money and I have a place to stay, so don’t worry about the accommodation. Besides, we should be worrying about the period of stay…”

“We will look into that later,” I said, smiling brightly. Phew! One case solved and one to go, I guess. Sometimes, I think having a ‘mind-reading’ Moon is not such a bad idea…

“Suho?”

“Yeah?”

“You’re thinking aloud.”

I blinked and my cheeks heated up. “Oh…Mian!”

Moon just laughed at my sheepish state. But I don’t regret it…Having Moon around…Is something I would never get old. I grinned.

I wish to be with Moon forever…I wish I can…


~Normal~

It was already evening when Mathi and Suho arrived at the Airport. Mathi’s parents are working, busying themselves while her older sister is working late night, leaving a 14 year old girl alone with no one beside her. Several times, Mathi spent her time alone in that mansion. No hugs from her parents or no sweet things from her sister. It was after Suho came into her life, it brightened. She begun to get more active with him even though Suho is as shy as her. But Mathi had this spark of life in her eyes whenever she looks at Suho. She was glad that Suho came into her life.

Phone calls from school reached her home faster than they did. Mathi broke each and every phone in her house with her bare hands, leaving a bewildered Suho behind. After that she commanded the servants not to call anyone or attend any calls from other phones. With that, Mathi and Suho ran away from her home to the Airport. Suho already packed everything and brought with him while Mathi’s luggage took 2 bags.

They were nervous to fly alone to a new place but they were glad that they have each other backs. It was a new start for them…A fresh start in their dull life…Suho’s passion for dancing and Mathi’s passion for dancing and singing brought them closer than ever, causing them to take this huge step in their ever-changing life. When they were about to board the flight, Mathi saw some security guards that are awfully similar to their own bodyguards.

“,” Mathi cursed and Suho turned back in surprise, because Mathi never curses.

“Moon?”

“They’re here, Suho!”

“Who?”

“…They’re here for me,” Mathi said, biting her lips and she ducked her head low when one of the guards walked past her, with his fingers over his transmitter. “They’re the guards working for my family…They knew…They knew I’m not home!”

“Oh, wow…We’re busted…” Suho whistled lowly, inclining his head and tipped his hat down to cover his eyes.

“No,” Mathi said firmly, her eyes shone in determination. “No, not today.”

She grabbed his hand. Suho frowned but yelped when Mathi started to drag him away from the guard’s vision.

“What are you doing?!”

“Watch this pro,” Mathi winked at him, throwing his own sentence at him.

“Wahhh?”

It turns out that by running away from them is her plan.

And it actually worked out!

Soon, the two best friends boarded their flight to Seoul, South Korea where their dreams are awaiting…

Let their dreams be…

No More Dreams~