Intro: The Life of a Desi Girl

Desi Girl of Bangtan |BTS|

Desi Girl of Bangtan

Chapter One

Intro: The Life of a Desi Girl

~Normal~

"Come on, Moon!"

"Yeah! You can do it!"

"Moon! Moon! Moon!"

Moon, a 14 year-old-girl with dark black hair down to her hips and soft tan colored skin, was dancing amidst the crowd of sweaty and hot people, who are cheering for her like their life is depending on her amazing, powerful dance moves. 

Her big, brown, innocent looking eyes are shining brightly in mirth and mischief. Sweat dribbled down her oval-shaped face, and she twirled, letting her soft curly black hair to hit her cheeks. Moon smirked; her natural red lips moving along the verses of the lines in one of her favorite song and let her body dance along to the rhythm and beats.

"Gosh, she is amazing!"

"Come on! Knock her off, Moon!"

"BREAK THE SWEAT ON THE FLOOR, MOON!"

"YEAH! AND WORK ON THE FLOOR, MOON!"

"KNOCK HER UP, GURL!"

Moon chuckled, and it irked her opponent even more. 

Her opponent is older than her by 4 years, goes with the name, Rose. The girl is very pretty with pale skin, golden brown hair with few honey golden streaks and heart shaped face. Her eyes were bright blue eyes and were sparking dangerously, as she saw the younger girl dancing powerfully. 

Rose's eyes are small and her nose was straight and sharp, like a knife. Her lips were pink and more over, she looks like a doll. But damn...the way she moves on the dance floor, it somehow intimidated Moon. 

But Moon is not going to back up or giving up. She had gone through a lot before she came here and there is no way in hell she will back out.

Rose gritted her teeth, with sweat pouring down her jaw and eyes as she and her opponent, Moon, danced roughly. They are in an underground dance battle where the street dancers and freestyle dancers can showcase their talents. 

Rose was the champion of the underground dance battles and no one ever beat her for four consecutive years. 

But now, a newbie, only 4 years younger than her, is challenging her with her powerful dance steps and unpredictable twisting styles. Rose saw how Moon's feet stomped on the ground, which didn't leave any sound but the vibrations...Dang...She fears for the ground that might split into half if Moon continues to dance like this.

"Whoo hoo! Moon! Go on, girl!"

"Rose, don't give up yet!"

"Yeah! Go Rose!"

Rose let out a competitive smirk, putting all of her energy into their last dance. 

Moon was slightly surprised, but a soft chuckle escaped her lips and she tilted her head, smirking widely. 

Moon spun around, letting her gorgeous hair twirl around her body and neck gracefully and captured many people's attention with one killer look. Even Rose was flabbergasted, her jaw was dropped and she stared at the younger girl, open mouthed. Moon swiped her tongue over her lips, and with a wink, she did a 360 degree rotation in middle of the air and did a sudden split.

Deafening screams and loud cheers dominated the sound of labored pants from the both contestants. Rose, at that time, knew she lost it.

And she was glad that she was able to be defeated by a worthy opponent.

"Annnnd the winner is....MOON!"

Moon stood there stunned, surprised that a rookie won a champion but smiled, her lips stretching over her pearly white teeth. Moon chuckled in disbelief, shaking her head and her smile brightened when people around her cheered for her. 

She felt like she was on the moon...Lame pun, I know but it's true. Moon smiled at the people around her politely, thanking them for their support when some people around her started to part way for someone. 

Moon raised her eyebrows, turning back to see Rose standing there, with crossed arms and rolled her weight on her left leg, curiously staring at her.

"Um...Great battle," Moon said shyly, scratching her neck and stretched her arms for a shake. "I had a great time, because of you."

Rose continued to stare, her piercing blue eyes stared at the younger girl with much intensity that made Moon to shuffle gently. 

Moon is not the one who is unbelievably courageous or reckless. She is as shy as any girl, but only more shy than anyone. She is almost an introvert, reserving herself within her head and headphones, and never talked to anyone before. But that demeanor changes completely while she is dancing. It's like she has multiple personality disorder. She would be shy one second but when she starts to dance, her whole persona changed dynamically.

As Moon continues to fidget, Rose started to smile. Moon blinked.

"Yeah, it was a great battle, Moon. Hope to see you soon..." Rose said, brushing her hair away. "Because we still have some unfinished business."

Moon smirked, her shy demeanor melting off like a candle with flame. "It's on."

"I'm Arianna," Rose said, revealing her real name and titled her head. "I know Moon is not your name...What's your real name?"

Moon tilted her head, pulling her hood back to her head and gave her a soft smile. "My name is Moon. See ya, Arianna!"

Arianna gaped, staring at the girl who skyrocketed away from her and the dome for underground dance battle. 

Arianna was really intrigued by the young girl whose energy and charisma is over the top. She looked beautiful too...And her most iconic feature is her eyes. Her eyes are the most astonishing soft chocolate brown she had ever seen and with her abnormally long eyelashes that's framing her eyelids, the girl's eyes stood out amazingly. She can't believe Moon was just fourteen years old.

Rose chuckled, shaking her head. "I'm looking forward for her entrance again..."


~With Moon~

Moon dashed along the streets as fast as her short legs could take her. Her eyes were narrowed in determination, with her hair swirling around her face. 

Her black hoodie hung loosely on her torso, covering her black crop top and black jeans. Her red converse stomped powerfully on the ground, sort of like how she danced there and she increased her speed, panicking a bit realizing that she is going to be late.

Just as she turned around the corner, she saw her house and sighed in relief. She pushed her hair outta her eyes and quickly walked into her house, opening the grill gate. 

The vintage looking home was drowned in darkness as it is still dark outside. Moon sighed, closing the gate softly and cringed when the scraping sound of metal against the ground was heard. Softly closing it and locking it securely, Moon dashed to the door and searched for the key, after realizing that the door is locked.

Taking the mattress off, she grinned in victory when she saw the glinting metal in the soft moon light. Taking it in her hands, Moon quietly unlocked the door and stepped inside, dropping the key under the door and managed to move the mattress over it. 

The place was eerily quiet and Moon shivered, feeling the cool atmosphere. 

Sighing and patting her shoulders in pride, Moon tiptoed to her room and unconsciously, her eyes swayed to the place where a huge ancient-looking clock was hung over the wall.

3.00 AM

"Well, dammit...I'm late," Moon cursed, running a hand through her hair and sighed, shrugging at her fate. Taking her grey hoodie off, she placed in on the chair near her bed and closed her room. Moon ran a hand through her hair, letting it free from the knots and sighed, taking her pajamas for shower. 

Quickly showering and refreshing herself after the sweaty dance, Moon marched right up to her bed, plopping on it. She checked her phone, chuckling when she saw her best friend, messaging her quickly and anxiously.

Ma bestie Suho: Have you gotten home?!

Ma bestie Suho: Have you gotten home?!

Ma bestie Suho: Have you gotten home?!

Ma bestie Suho: Have you gotten home?!

Ma bestie Suho: Have you gotten home?!

Ma bestie Suho: Have you gotten home?!

Ma bestie Suho: Have you gotten home?!

Moon: Hey! Stop spamming me already!

There was an utter silence before he replied again, with more messages than earlier.

Ma bestie Suho: Thank god you're home!

Ma bestie Suho: I was worried about you! How can you go alone at 2 AM in the morning?! Don't you fear anything, Mathi?!

Moon, known as Mathi to her Korean friend, Lee Suho, rolled her eyes.

Moon: Must you call me by my REAL NAME?!

Ma bestie Suho: What? It's a cool name...At least your name is cool :P

Mathi frowned, jamming her fingers on the touch pad.

Moon: Hey!

Ma bestie Suho: Alright calm down, Moon...Have you reached your home safely?

Moon: Hmm yeah...No worries, no troubles!

Ma bestie Suho: Phew! One day you're gonna get caught and then-

Moon: STOP JINXING IT, YOU IDIOT!

Ma bestie Suho: Whoa...Calm down Satan! Anyways...Sleep well...I have something to say to you tomorrow!

Several question marks appeared over Mathi's head, and she tilted her head.

Moon: You better not confessing your everlasting love for me XD

Ma bestie Suho: Ha! You wish! :P But this is much serious than my non-existent 'everlasting love'!

Mathi frowned, raising her eyebrows and blinked rapidly.

Moon: you're not going to die, are you? I mean, if you did I won't have anyone to mess with! T_T

Ma bestie Suho: Are you for real?! 0.o

Moon: Kekekekeke

Ma bestie Suho: Alright, stop laughing creepily and listen to me. It's very important and I need you to be attentive. Please, don't fall asleep while standing...I really thought you went to coma...

Mathi blushed furiously and it was a good thing that she has tan skin.

Moon: IT WAS ONE TIME, SUHO! ONE TIME!

Ma bestie Suho: I know and that one time literally killed me. Do you know hw much you roll in your sleep and slap?!

Moon: It was your fault for waking me up....

Ma bestie Suho: Ugh! I can't stand you!

Ma bestie Suho: Anyways, sleep well. I will see you tomorrow!

Moon: Lol...Sure! Bye, Suho!

Ma bestie Suho: Hmm...Sweet dreams, gal!

Mathi chuckled, but quickly wished him the same and threw her phone beside her. She ruffled her wet hair and looked at the clock, surprised to see it was already an hour. 

Mathi sighed, plopping back on her bed and stared at her ceiling, her fingers tracing her yin pendent. It was a birthday gift from Suho and he wears a yang pendent. 

Mathi was embarrassed at first when people saw their pendents and thought they're couple, but as time passed it was long forgotten.

Mathi's full name is Mathivadhani but people usually call her as Mathi or Moon since her name is inarticulate. She is a South Indian girl, hailing from Tamil Nadu, and currently residing in California. She is one of those people who is really shy and at the same time really sassy. No one can predict this girl and everyone sort of respects her. Maybe it's because of her supreme authority filled aura or it could be how she handles any situation calmly and nicely. She is nice, kind, shy and sassy. She is one of a kind, as Suho likes to say.

Lee Suho is a South Korean boy from Busan and he settled on the foreign soil at the time of his birth. Because of his ethnicity, people made fun of him. He is the only Asian, more over Korean in their school. And because of that none of them befriended him.

Then she came. Mathi, the Moon. She came to him asking for Principal's cabin while he was opening his locker. 

Suho was very startled that someone came and talked to him. Because of her, he jumped high feet in the air and sort of slammed against the lockers, blinking rapidly at her. Mathi just tilted her head, blinking innocently and chuckled softly. After she introduced herself as transfer student, Suho's face turned bright red in embarrassment. He was shy just like her and Mathi shook his hands, slowly melting his shyness away.

After Suho gave her the directions, Mathi politely thanked him and waved to him, already on the way to the cabin. Till that moment Mathi didn't have any thoughts of befriending him but when she heard a shocked yelp, she turned back and saw him staring at his notebooks which were shredded into pieces. Mathi felt a pang of pity but shook her head, knowing no one liked to be pitied. She quickly abandoned the thought of going to the cabin and made her way to Suho, who was picking up his shredded books.

When Mathi helped him, Suho was once again surprised and confused. Why was this girl helping him? Was because she felt pity for him?! But when Mathi glanced at him, Suho saw empathy flashing across her face. She gave him the destroyed notebooks and sent him a small grin. Do you know what she said after that?

'Looks like you're in need of a friend. Glad I came in the right time.'

Suho knew Mathi is going to stick around him for a long time at that time. After that, Mathi and Suho became closer and Mathi even learned Korean from him, so that Suho wouldn't feel awkward while talking in English. He missed talking in Korean and Mathi saw it in his eyes. So, she opted to learn Korean for her friend. Suho was pleased and touched when he heard Mathi talking to him in Korean and he actually cried. It took a lot of time for Mathi to calm him down.

And then, they became best friends.

Suho quickly came to know Mathi's transfer. She was bullied in her old school for being a brown skinned girl and Suho wasn't sure why. Mathi would look weird in fair skin and her tan skin made her more beautiful. Her skin was rich and glowing softly, and it wasn't dull or unhealthy like other's fair skin. He also came to know about her family conditions. How strict her parents...How they wanted her take their choice of career, which is Medicine. She has an older sister who is her parent's pride. Mathi is the black sheep in her family, remotely showing interests in academics but she is an active participant in sports and arts.

Soon, people begun to make fun of Mathi too but stopped once they came to know the intelligent side of her. Even though she has no interest in studies, Mathi's intelligence is something that shouldn't be taken lightly. She is gifted with Photographic memory and Muscle memory, which kinda helps her during sports and academics. Mathi became popular while Suho remained the same guy, except no one bullied him after Mathi sent one bully to hospital because he was harassing the poor boy. Mathi never made friends after Suho and she remained neutral to other's friendly invitations.

She is loyal to Suho and Suho could never want more than this.

It has been a year since they became best friends and their friendship is still going strong, thanks to Mathi's understanding nature and Suho's patient nature.
 


~Moon~

I yawned and stretched, feeling my bones popping and sighed in content, rolling my shoulders. I hopped off my bed, twisting my waist and checked the time, brushing some bangs away from my eyes. It read 7.30 PM.

"Good...I thought I'd sleep in considering how late I was yesterday..." I mumbled, shrugging before I took some clothes and rushed inside my washroom for a quick shower. I came out, wearing blue skinny jeans and a maroon, full sleeved shirt with V neck. I dried my hair and curled a little down, and shook my head, letting the curls to hit my back. I smiled in satisfaction and applied light makeup which is seriously nothing just some foundation and lip gloss. I sighed and skipped down the stairs as usual. I saw my parents readying themselves for their busy days ahead and I quietly greeted them but it went unnoticed.

My heart hurt a little but I was used to it. Mom placed my breakfast in front of me and poured me some orange juice before she walked off, yelling some things into the phone. I was in the middle of finishing my breakfast when my sister came down, prancing around. Dad put down his newspaper and greeted her joyfully while Mom hung up the call and greeted her with a bright smile.

I felt my heart breaking again. Sighing, I stood up, washed my plate and I took my bag, slinging it around my neck and went out. I hopped into my black converse and ruffled my hair a little, before I started to walk. I took my headphones and plugged them in my phone, before I placed the buds into my ears, bobbing my head to the beats of the music. 

I don't like anyone particularly...It would range from Cascada, Celtic Woman, Justin Bieber, Riahanna, Jennifer Lopez and then some more before it goes to some of the most amazing Indian artists of the time like A. R. Rahman and others before it would go to K-pop. 

Recently, because of Suho, I started to love K-pop and it felt amazing that I can understand Korean without any English subtitles.

Good thing I have a Korean best friend.

On the way to school, I felt someone ruffling my hair and I looked up, my lips stretching into wide grin. It was Suho.

"Hey, girl!"

"Hey, Suho,"

And just like that Suho and I walked ahead, with a comfortable silence lingering around us.
 


~Normal~

Mathi shoved Suho and giggled, when Suho yelped before stumbling to his left. Mathi laughed openly, pushing the school doors open and they bickered continuously, while some students stopped to watch the scene. 

Many thought that Mathi and Suho were dating before and that rumor is still going around but not as wild as before. Mathi chuckled, ruffling his hair and her face went neutral when someone greeted her. She gave them a tight smile and a nod before she started to chat with Suho, happily.

"You told me there is something you wanted to say?" Mathi said, throwing her books inside the locker and took out necessary things. "Well?"

"No, not now," Suho grinned, slamming the locker door shut. "After school, got it? And no more mind reading!"

Mathi raised her eyebrows, brushing her bangs away from her eyes and let a tiny, creepy smirk to crawl along her lips. "Sure, sure."

Suho pouted but when the bell rang, they both hurried to their classes. It was usual. People glancing at them, whispering the same things and then discreetly pointing at them, saying that they're still dating and all. 

Some students, especially boys, greeted Mathi shyly while she just gave them a nod of acknowledgment. They sighed in relief, mentally doing a victory dance that she at least acknowledged them when usually Mathi would just ignore them. Suho chuckled, shaking his head at his dense friend and took out his school supplies, as the teacher came in, closing the door.

Classes were as usual, and the winter holidays are about to start within few weeks. It was September 25, 2011 and their winter vacations starts somewhere around first week of October. It was already chilly and students covered themselves in furs and coats. After their homeroom classes, Mathi had Arts and Paints for two periods, while Suho had Mathematics and Gym. Wishing him luck as he has a surprise test, Mathi giggled, seeing the distressed look on her best friend's face.

"You will do well, I promise," Mathi patted his head, giggling again when she heard him groaning.

"But I didn't even study!"

"What were you even doing then?"

"Worried about you, obviously." Suho said in a matter-of—fact tone, shrugging at the surprised Mathi.

Mathi blinked, feeling her chest swelling in happiness. She felt loved whenever she was around Suho. Her parents wouldn't mind if she went missing for few days without any kind of information on her whereabouts. But she knew Suho will send a separate search party if she missed any one of the classes even for few minutes. She felt blessed to have this kind of friend.

She gently wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face on his shoulder while Suho stiffened, surprised that Mathi is hugging. Mathi hates physical contact, mainly because of how ticklish she is...And she never initiated hugs before...

Suho took that as an opportunity, hugging his best friend tightly and he felt some wetness on his shoulder. His eyes softened and his grip tightened, placing his cheek over her hair.

"Thank you, Suho,"

"For what?"

"For being my friend," Mathi whispered, pulling back and gave him a charming smile, reserved only for him.

Suho's heart started to beat faster and his cheeks turned red. "Y-Yah! Don't make me shy!" He yelped, placing his palms over her face and pushed her back a little. Mathi giggled, but pulled apart from him and patted his head again.

"Don't worry...There won't be no surprise test today."

"Wha-?"

Mathi left Suho dumbfounded. He wasn't sure whether to feel creepy or relieved but chose the latter option, shaking his head and cleared those suspicious thoughts, before hurrying to his class.

And do you what happened?

There wasn't any surprise test today for Suho.

Hope you guys like this chapter! Feel free to read and upvote or do anything because I'm still learning on how Asianfanfics works...Haha my bad.