Chapter 3

A Familiar Face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
✤  Chapter 3 ✤

Kyungsoo woke up early and dressed well for his first day. He's feeling a bit nervous on how the day will go and how Mr. Kim would treat him.

The person who called him yesterday said that he will meet the previous secretary first for a debrief before starting. He's now waiting at the company lobby when a tall guy approached him and offered his hand.

 

"You must be Doh Kyungsoo. I'm Oh Sehun, Mr. Kim's previous secretary."

 

Kyungsoo took the young man's hand and gave a firm handshake.

 

"If you can follow me, please"

 

They walked towards the elevator and Sehun chose the floor where Mr. Kim's office is. Both men are quiet on the way up. Kyungsoo glanced briefly at the man in front of him, thinking how graceful the man looked and moved.

Sehun broke the silence when they reached the reception area just in front of the CEO's office.

 

"Congratulations on the job, and thank you. I can finally move to my new role now that you're here."

 

The tall man grinned at him, showing the young man behind the suit. Kyungsoo listened attentively as Sehun discussed how the job works and gave him tips on how to handle different situations.

 

"...i think that's all. Just remember that he comes in at 9am so bring his latte 5 minutes before that. Almost forgot, he hates noises in the car."

 

Kyungsoo was arranging his desk when he asked Sehun

 

"Sorry for intruiding, but just curious...why did you leave this job?"

 

Sehun smiled at him and added, "Cause I fell in love with one of the directors and we'll get married soon"

 

Sehun noticed Kyungsoo letting out a loud sigh.

 

"Don't worry about Mr. Kim. He's really nice with his employees. He may be cold, but I know he still cares for those people around him."

 

Sehun left after a couple of minutes and Kyungsoo looked at the time, 8:45 am.

Kyungsoo went to the pantry and made the coffee for Mr. Kim, Latte with lots of sugar as the CEO doesn't like bitter coffee. He placed the coffee on the desk inside Mr. Kim's office and decided to wait on his own desk outside.

Kyungsoo was about to review the schedule for today but he noticed the small box placed on top of his desk with his name on the outside. He opened the box and smiled once he read what the note said.

 

Congrats again. Try not to think of me too much, okay? -PCY

 

Inside the box contains a black and white cufflinks engraved with diamonds. 

Chanyeol knew that Kyungsoo never liked fancy looking things and that his favorite color is black, so Kyungsoo can't help but smile at how the man remembered those small details.

 

"From your boyfriend?"

 

Kyungsoo was too focused on the gift that he did not notice that Jongin already arrived.

 

"N-no. A friend..."

 

Kai looked at him and added, 

"Must be a special friend to give you a twenty thousand dollars worth of gift"

 

Kyungsoo cussed on his mind, reminding himself to speak with Chanyeol again on giving him luxury gifts. 

Jongin reached out for the box and held Kyungsoo's hand holding it. He moved it closer to him and inspected the cufflinks while still holding Kyungsoo's hand

 

"You should thank your friend later. He does have great taste."

 

Jongin let go of Kyungsoo's hand and went inside his office. Kyungsoo let out his breath that he did not know he was holding. He looked at his hand, remembering how soft Mr. Kim's hand is.

The day went ahead as expected. Mr. Kim introduced Kyungsoo to the executives he had a meeting with. They returned to the office at around 6pm with all the schedules cleared. Kyungsoo prepared his things and went to Mr. Kim's office to ask permission to leave

 

"Do you have any plans tonight?", the CEO stopped what he is doing and looked at Kyungsoo

"None sir. Do you have any work you need help with? I could stay for a bit..."

"Good. Have dinner with me, Mr. Doh"

 

Kyungsoo felt scared and nervous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter