Chapter 1

A Familiar Face
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
✤  Chapter 1 ✤

 

"Could you just please give this one a chance?"

 

The recruitment manager is almost begging Jongin after numerous attempt of looking for a new secretary. 11 candidates have already failed after the interview with the young CEO.

 

"What makes this guy different from the others?"

 

Mr. Kim is seated at his desk looking uninterested with the idea of interviewing another candidate. The past candidates are either too plain or too energetic. some are even looking at him lustfully, something that he hates the most.

 

"I just have the feeling that this one is special."

"You said that on the first candidate."

"Just trust me on this one."
 


Jongin just nodded, knowing that the man would keep on pestering his until he would say yes. The manager gave the resume to him and left his office.

Before he could look at the resume, someone walked in to his office.

The first thing he noticed is that the man is shorter than him and walking with his head bowed. The man then looked at him in the eyes and Jongin can't help but stand up from his seat from the shock.

 

"K-Kang Woo?"
 


The man in front of him looked confused and said something that Jongin can't hear. All he is seeing right now is the man's face. It's impossible.
 


"How? You're supposed to be dead..."

 

The man looking at him looks exactly like his husband who died 5 yrs ago.
 


"Sorry sir but you must have mistaken me with someone. I'm Do Kyungsoo."

 

Kyungsoo bowed at Jongin, then he felt the CEO's hand reaching out to touch his right cheek. He moved away from the man's touch and stood straight. Kyungsoo looked at the CEO and the first thing he noticed are the tears running down his cheeks and eyes full of sadness and grief.

 

Jongin snapped out of his thoughts and wiped the tears from his cheek.

 

"Apologies about that. You just look like...someone i know. Please take a sit."


He pointed at the chair next to Kyungsoo. The man sat as instructed and looked at Jongin. Kyungsoo bega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter