"We're just friends, right?"

"We're just friends, right?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up."

I poked her cheek gently.

The girl was still soundly asleep, as she shuffled a little as I poked her.

"I said, wake up Momo. We're gonna be late..."

As the latter showed no sign of even promptly waking up on her own, all she needed was a stimulus.

I pinched her nose like usual, as her peaceful resting expression turned to frowning - before jolting out of bed immediately.

"I almost died!" She breathes heavily. "I told you there are other ways of waking me up, Sana. Not kill me in my sleep." She yawns and rubs her eyes, sensitive to the light.

"Well, I tried other ways but you just won't wake up. Anyways, who cares about that, it's our first day of university today, and I don't want to be late. Just brush your teeth and change immediately."

"Hurry up!"

 

 

 

"We're having P&J sandwich today? God, this ." She whines.

"Look, it's simple and it fills our bellies. Waking you up took some of my time to make breakfast today. Besides, it's your fault for not waking up.."

"B-but-"

"No buts." I gripped her wrist with a stern expression. "Look, we have to catch the next bus if we don't want to be late for school today." I pulled her to the bus station.

 

 

 

"Are you angry?" She timidly asked.

The bus literally just left. I felt myself giving a small sigh. Things always doesn't go as planned when I'm with Momo.

"No, I'm not."

"Your voice gives it all away, Sana. You're clearly angry."

"I'm sorry." She apologised softly.

"It's not your fault. I should have woken up earlier to wake you up." I couldn't possibly be angry with Momo..

She looks at me with those pearl-like, doggy eyes that makes my heart ting.

"It's my fault for misplacing my bus card, why are you shouldering the blame?" She laughs. "I'm me. I'm clumsy."

"It's like everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. It's like Murphy's law, y'know." I gave a half-hearted chuckle.

I really didn't want my first day to start out like this. What if the professor has a negative impression of us on the first day? I looked at Momo, and she's still staring at me with those puppy eyes.

"Sorry..." Momo mumbles again.

She knows how important this is to me, that's why she probably feels bad; terrible even.

"It's okay." I smiled. "We can do better next time."

 

 

 

I placed my hand on the handle of the door. Nervous and couldn't find the strength to open the door. I looked at Momo and she flashes me a smile after which she places her hand onto mine and slowly pushes the door inwards.

"Sorry, we're late!" Momo exclaims and I closed my eyes, not wanting to expect what's next.

"Eh?" I opened my eyes to find the dozen of eyes laying upon us, some of them giggled while some just stared.

"The professor isn't here yet." A front row guy kindly told us.

"Oh, thank you."

A fortunate situation, whew. Momo tugs my arm and flashes me her smile while giving a thumbs-up. "It all worked out, didn't it?" She chuckled.

"Yeah." I held her hand.

"Let's take a seat." Momo said as she pulls my arm along towards the middle row that was relatively empty.

Somehow, things always worked out themselves in the end when Momo commits a mistake.


 

It's like the world doesn't punishes her for her absurdity.


 

 

 

 

I felt my hand being crushed by her’s all of a sudden - alarmed, I looked at her. Her eyes trembled, nervous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter