Prologue

A Lullaby of Reminiscence

A sweet melody echoed through the night. The song was so beautiful that even the stars above in the sky seemed to sparkle following its rhythm. Under the moonlight, comfortably sitting on the balcony, Yeo Hoon Min was shining. Not literally, but in the eyes of anyone passing by it would appear as if he was. He was singing his heart out, meaning each note and feeling every word. With closed eyes, he was oblivious of his surroundings, ignoring all of the sadness and horrible events that have occurred. Above everything, Hoon ignored the fate written in the paper he had received earlier. Nothing new. It was nothing new, but simply the same results he had been given before. Now, he had no choice but to wait. Wait and…

“Hoon?”

Hoon slowly opened his eyes and turned his head to the familiar yet endearing voice that called out to him. It was Soohyun’s voice.

“Why do you sound so… sorrowful? I was listening to you, and your voice… it felt as if you were in pain. Are you okay?”

“Yes. Sorry, hyung. I didn’t know you were listening. I thought the members were still at their schedules.”

 “I finished earlier. But…”

Frowning, Soohyun stared at Hoon in concern. He could sense that something was wrong, but he couldn’t tell what. There was something in Hoon’s eyes which confirmed the leader’s fear.

“I’m just tired, that’s all.” Hoon stood up and was about to leave when Soohyun grabbed his wrist. Hoon stared at him in confusion, but his eyes soon softened.

Sometimes, he and Soohyun just had that connection – that inexplicable yet curious bond – one that a person could feel only once in their lifetime. And because of this bond, words were no longer necessary.

Before he could get on the verge of tears, the youngest boy kissed the leader’s forehead and then, finally, left to his shared room with Kiseop.