...Baby Wake Up

Baby

When Johnny came too from his nap, he was in a daze.

Taeil's arms were wrapped around his neck and his body was lying comfortable against his and for a second, Johnny didn't remember how he ended up in that predicament.

"Hey Taeil?" he called in a groggy voice, the deepness of the tone vibrating against his throat. "I think we slept out half the day."

"Taeil?" he called again, sitting up more on the bed. His neck was already feeling stiff and he went ahead a fell asleep with his head craned back. He must love pain.

Johnny started to shaking him a bit, repeating his name like a mantra. "Sleepy," he heard Taeil's tiny voice mumble, his body curling in his strong hold.

Johnny sighed, sat there for a good five minutes to wake himself up a bit before he made his move. "Taeil, you have to wake up now." Johnny spoke up again, turning on the mattress and swinging his legs over the side of the bed, Taeil still snuggled in his hold.

"Don't wanna.." Taeil whined, and for some reason, Johnny could hear the pout on his lips. 

"Taeil," Johnny said more firmly and that seemed to have caught his attention. As much as Johnny would like to entertain a somewhat free minded Taeil, both his tired brain and body was not cooperating with him now.

Taeil moved his arms from around Johnny's neck, slowly, before he proceeded to climb off his lap and out of the taller's embrace to sit directly beside him. And there he was again, a shy, but tiredly pouting, Taeil.

His face was hung downwards and from what Johnny could see from where he was, his eyes were still closed. Looking at him better now, Taeil was leaning forward and catching himself before he fell every few seconds and Johnny kind of found it amusing.

Periwinkle was still on the bed and woke around the time Johnny moved to the edge of the bed. It probably fell asleep as soon as he saw that Taeil and himself was unresponsive. The fat cat was just plain lazy, Johnny thought.

"Well, t-time for a bath," he stuttered and mumbled a curse word to himself as he stood up. Great, now he sounded like Taeil. "Come on now, stop sleeping."

All the talking he did seemed to have fallen on deaf, sleepy ears as Taeil rocked back and landed inches away from crushing Periwinkle, falling back into dreamland. Now, Johnny confirmed Taeil didn't get any sleep last night and he wasn't sure if he was just homesick or he forgot something. Either way, he figured the time has passed for Taeil's medication consumption so, this was no time for thinking.

Taeil pulled his legs up on the bed, his side and curled up on the soft mattress, reaching for something, probably anything, and grabbed Periwinkle. The frazzled cat tried to escape out of Taeil's grasp but failed as the shorter male cuddle it. 

Now, Taeil was cozily back to sleep and Johnny is left there to just gaze at the the younger male's pleased appearance.

Johnny sighed, ran his hand through his black hair and kept it there as he reasoned with himself.

So, it's settled. Johnny lost a battle he didn't know he was fighting, without even exhausting any energy. Taeil was a formidable opponent, he could give him that. All he did was be cute and he won. Plus, maybe Johnny felt guilty of the unknown reason to Taeil's sleepless night. Just, maybe.

Johnny left Taeil to sleep while he readied the bath, pouring bubble gum scented bathing liquid into the filling tub. Taeil had been starting at it in the supermarket and being the mysteriously kind man he was, he bought it, the whole set at that.

While the water rose in the tub and the suds formed, he went downstairs to contemplate what he would make for breakfast. Technically, he was useless at cooking but being the idiot that allowed Jaehyun to sign him up to play daddy and forgot, he gave his cook a month break and now he's stuck.

Well, he wasn't completely useless at cooking, he could follow instructions.. kind of. But for the sake of Taeil's health, he'll just leave the cereal out so he can eat that with some milk. And not to make the same mistake twice, he'll pour the milk himself.

It took him roughly thirty-five minutes to ready everything, deliberately running the bath water low so Taeil could sleep a little more.

He went back to Taeil's room and the younger was still curled up on the bed with the fat cat, gently holding him under his arm. Periwinkle was sleeping again, probably hungry but was too lazy to cry for it.

"Taeil, you have to wake up now. It's already too late. Come on," Johnny said a bit gruffly, gently shaking Taeil's comfy form. Is every morning going to be like this? "Wake up."

Taeil wasn't necessarily hard to wake up but for some reason, he was being a tad bit stubborn. Probably the lack of sleep he had. Well, at least Johnny is guaranteed of a nap time for Taeil later.

"Please wake up. We still have a lot to do today," Johnny says, now backing away as the small male rose up from the bed like a zombie, Periwinkle still napping without a care in the world. Most be nice to be a cat.

Taeil sat up with a strong pout on his plum lips, fists formed to rub the sleep out of his eyes, mumbling something incoherent. It kind of sounded like he was babbling like a baby but Johnny didn't pay attention to that.

"Mr. Seo.. morning," his sleepy, soft voice sighed out, stretching his arms up and then allowing them to fall by his side. Taeil looked up at Johnny, head craned back with messy bed hair, and his cheek having a little drool on it. He could see tear stains on his face, his eyes a bit swollen from crying he did this morning. Johnny was actually just taking notice of it. He looked like an adorable mess.

"Good morning," he replied, looking down at Taeil as he slightly bit his bottom lip, his arms folded before him. "Why don't you call me Johnny?" he asked, not really liking the formality Taeil had with him.

"'Cause it not n-nice.. to call someone by f-first name without.. p-p-permission." Taeil replied, seemingly regaining his coherency. He lift his head, directing it down as he pushed himself to the edge of the bed. "Should T-Taeil not call Mr. Seo, M-Mr. Seo?" He asked innocently, staring pointed at his exposed lap.

"It's not that you shouldn't, but, I want you to call me Johnny. Okay?" Johnny confirmed, looking at Taeil's small frame. Taeil nodded, bring his thighs together as he held the edge of his nightgown. Johnny figured it was a way to mask his shyness being that he seems to do it every time he avoids contact with the tall male.

Sighing, Johnny says, "so, let's get washed up." He held his hand out and with trembling hesitation, Taeil reached out and held the bigger hand.

Now, it was time for the real battle mostly on Johnny's end.