Mr & Mrs Park

Guns and Roses (A few years later)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My wife will be there with me, tonight. I need you to keep a close eye on her..." -Park Jimin leaned against his work desk, massaging the back of his neck with his left hand in distress and holding a phone against his ears, with his right. "Keep a lookout for anyone you think could be a possible -"

"Babe~"

Jimin paused his words as soon as he heard his wife calling out for him from outside the door. Hearing footsteps approaching the room, he immediately ended his phone call and shoved his phone into his pocket. Then he quickly grabbed a book in his hand and opened it on a random page as he takes a seat on his swivel chair, pretending to read its content. 

"Yah, Park Jimin~" -Kang Seulgi opened the door to Jimin's home office and barged in with her arms folded across her chest. "How do I look?"

Lifting his eyes from the book in his hand, Park Jimin turned to look at his who was clothed elegantly in a black slit dress, with her hair permed in loose curls and lips inked ruby red. She was also wearing the pair of diamond earrings he gifted her on their third year anniversary, a piece of expensive jewellery Seulgi rarely wears. Jimin couldn't help but gawk stupidly at the beautiful sight of Kang Seulgi, the ladylike side of her that she rarely shows anyone, ever. 

"Seulgi..." -Jimin's gulped, voice barely audible as gazed at his wife admiringly as if it was his first time seeing her dressed that way. "You look -"

"The dress is ugly, isn't it?" -Seulgi cuts him off before he could even finish. "Ugh...I knew it. I told you I can't pull this off. Just give me a minute. I'll get changed into something else, real fast."

"Hey, wait! Seul -" -Jimin caught her hand just as she was about to walk out the door. Pulling her towards him, Jimin curled his arms around her waist tightly so she wouldn't be able to escape. "What are you talking about? I never said it looked ugly on you. This is already perfect. You look y, baby."

"You're lying." -she pouted, naturally bringing her hand up to his head to lightly the soft fringes of his hair.

"Right, I am. I'm sorry. You look way, way better in your birthday suit as compared anything at all." -Jimin jokingly replied only to get a light beating on his arms. "...but are you sure you wanna put on your birthday suit to a wedding?"

"Park Jimin!"

"In all seriousness though, you look really amazing tonight, love. Why would I ever lie to you?" -Jimin chuckled, lightly pinching her cheeks before pecking a kiss on her forehead. "Are we ready to go, my dearest wife?"

"Yes, my handsome husband." -Seulgi smiled, helping Jimin tighten the tie around his neck and dust off his coat before they head out the door, hand in hand.

The couple had a wedding dinner to attend, that night and Seulgi had gotten ready an hour early, wearing the dress that Jimin had specially purchased for her to wear for the event. He was initially a little sceptical to have Seulgi tagging along with him to a wedding invited by his former associate, Lee Taemin due to the fact that Taemin was one of the many gangmates he knew who despised the offsprings and allies of Kim Yong Shik. 

Jimin too did not really wish to attend the wedding where he would, without a doubt, meet his old acquaintances and ex-allies, people of the underground society who he's been steering clear of, for the last five years. However, he decided that it was best that he'd turn up to the wedding alone for old time's sake and the brotherhood bond he shared with the groom, Lee Taemin. 

He had attempted to keep the wedding invitation a secret from Seulgi but unfortunately, she found the invitation card laying on his desk in his office one night and thought that it would be a good idea if she attended the wedding with him since the card clearly mentioned "Mr and Mrs Park". When Jimin insisted that he'd go to the wedding alone, Seulgi took offence, thinking that her husband was embarrased to show up with her as his wife. She even refused speak to him for three days until he finally caved in and agreed to let her tag along.

Although it has been five years since they both left the life of crime and started afresh, Jimin knew that there were still a handful of his enemies out there who were constantly keeping tabs on them and their whereabouts, not to mention the many former acquaintances of his who disapproved of his relationship with Kang Seulgi. Perhaps he was a little paranoid about the whole idea of Seulgi being present at Taemin's wedding but he would go to any extent to make sure that his wife is unharmed while she was there. After all, it was a mafia wedding. Who knew what would happen?
 
The rivalry between the couple's former gangs was one of the biggest long-standing fights and their marriage has been the talk of the underground society of South Korea till now.
They were best known by many as the infamous couple who betrayed their own gang to be with each other. 

Betrayal was one of the biggest sins a gangster could ever commit. Jimin could only imagine how the guests would react when he shows up at the wedding with his wife. 

 

|<<------>>|

As the couple arrived at the venue, they were escorted to their assigned seats, sharing a table with a few other guests of Taemin's whom Seulgi wasn't too familiar with but Jimin knew so well. As Jimin had expected, not everyone acknowledged his presence in the room but those who did certainly did not give Seulgi the same friendly greeting that he received. The hateful gazes Seulgi received from the guests around the room was indeed making her feel a little uncomfortable but she still managed to plaster a smile on her face whenever her husband glances at her.

"I now know why you didn't want me to come along..." -Seulgi leaned in and whispered against her husband's ears. "These people hate me. How did I even forget that we used to be rivals?"

"I thought you already knew what you signed up for..." -Jimin said, placing his arm across her thighs as he shot back a piercing glare at the men in the room who seemed to be constantly looking her way, menacingly. "You were just too stubborn..."

"Your friend invited Mr and Mrs Park. How could I not attend? Why would I want my husband to show up solo? That would be pathetic. I just thought that...they'd eventually get over it after five years and start accepting the fact that you married...well, me." 

"Seulgi..." -Jimin shook his head and chuckled, "Just because we're together now, it doesn't mean that my friends and yours would start a campfire, hold hands and forge friendships. You know it's not that easy. Jungkook took two years to really accept me and Sooyoung into the family. Things don't change much around here...but it's fine. As long as I'm here, I won't let these people do anything to you."

"Honestly baby, I'm not even afraid if they do." -Seulgi pushed his hands away from her, then leaned forward to rest her arms on the table. "I know it has been a while but my knuckles aren't rusty yet. They can try me if they want to."

"Not a chance. You can cause a scene anywhere else but here, baby." -Jimin sighed, pulling her arms towards him, in case she decided to get up from her seat and do something stupid. "Remember, we're only here out of courtesy and respect to my friend, Taemin..." -he reminded.

While they were waiting for the arrival of the bride and groom, the couple tried their best ignore the whispers that were being exchanged around the room and the dirty glares thrown at them. If Seulgi had known this was how it was going to be, she wouldn't have bothered coming along. She was feeling so out of place that she really wanted to leave the room that instant but at the same time, she didn't wish to ruin the night for Jimin. She knew that if she were to leave, her husband would definitely leave with her too and his trip to the wedding would only go to waste.

Dinner was served as soon as the bride and groom arrived at the venue and toasts were given from their best men and maid of honour. While the guests eat and mingle around with one another, Jimin decided to take the chance to approach the newlyweds, not willing to stay any longer knowing that his wife was not having a good time and knowing that their presence could possibly cause a problem judging from the number of dirty glares they've received since the moment they stepped into the venue. 

Walking hand in hand, Jimin led Seulgi towards where the groom was seated with his wife. He approached the newly wedded couple, naturally exchange a bro-hug with the groom and have a small talk before he pulled Seulgi forward to introduce her to them.

"Uh...I'm sure you would've already heard about us by now. I haven't really had the chance to formally introduce her to you. This is my wife -

"Ah, this has got to be Kang Seulgi! Or shall I call you Mrs Park?" -The bride interjected Jimin, seeming oddly over-friendly when she unexpectedly leaned in to give Seulgi a cheek kiss. "I've heard a lot about you. Gosh, you're so beautiful, in person."  

"Oh, uh...Thanks, I guess. Umm...I wonder what you've heard about me..." -Seulgi feigns a smile, trying her best to appear friendly even though she was instantly beginning to have a bad hunch about the bride's behaviour.

At this point, knowing that everyone in the room seem to despise her, Seulgi was taking any compliment given as sarcasm or a snide remark intentionally made to offend her. 

"About your admirable fearlessness for...well...Love. I heard that you risked losing your father just to be with Jimin. It's pretty rare that a lady would actually agree to marry the man who killed her own father. Lucky you. At least, you tied the knot with the person you like. My marriage with this guy right here is purely business. Right, Taemin?" -The bride's words were really driving Seulgi up the wall. She could've just caused a scene if she wanted to but she was still being mindful for Jimin's sake.

"I adore you, Kang Seulgi. They all called you a traitor but who are we kidding? All of us are traitors, in this room." -the bride winked. 

"Uh, I'm sorry..." - Taemin panicked when he noticed the change in Jimin's expression. Jimin's smile turned into a glower within seconds and knowing his friend, Taemin knew things would turn bad if he doesn't stop his wife from blabbering on. "Sunmi has had one too many drinks, tonight. She doesn't know what she's saying."

"Oh, I'm not drunk yet, honey." -his wife denied, "That sounds so vile, doesn't it? How do you like me calling you honey, Taemin? Ulgh...still can't believe we're married."

"Sunmi, that's enough!" -Taemin chides, only to have her mimicking him before she broke into a fit of laughter.

"Alright, listen." -Seulgi scoffed, already flicking her hair behind her shoulders as she curled her palm into a fist. "You know nothing about me. What you just said was pure bull. My husband did not kill-"

"Seulgi!" - Jimin caught her before she could pounce on the bride, holding her waist so tightly so she wouldn't be able to push him away. "That's enough, baby. Come on. Let's go."

"Let me go! I need to have a word with this -"

"Did I say something wrong?" -the bride asked, putting on a clueless expression that only gave Seulgi an urge to throw her hands on her. "...but I was being honest. I truly admire you."

Muffling Sunmi's mouth with his hands, Taemin nervously smiled at Jimin and said, "I'll catch up with you some other time, Jimin. Thanks for coming, though. I really wasn't expecting you to show up. It means a lot to me."

"I'll see you around, Hyung." -Jimin said, pulling Seulgi with him as he walked.

"Oh, no you won't. I'll make sure that you'll never see him or his wife or anyone here, ever again!" -Seulgi shouted before Jimin pulled her out towards the exit.

 

|<<------>>|

'BAM' 

The main door was slammed shut as soon as Seulgi entered her home. Tossing her heels aside, Seulgi marched her way up the stairs and into their shared bedroom, taking her earrings off before she started to wipe off the make-up on her face, furiously.

"Admirable fearlessness, my ." -she muttered through gritted teeth. "She's got a lot of nerve to say that in my face"

"Seulgi..."

"Just don't talk to me. I'm pissed off!" -Seulgi cuts her husband off before he could say another word. 

"Babe, come on." -Jimin sighed, tiredly ing his shirt as he entered their room. "I told you it was a bad idea to go. You wanted to come, anyway. Fine, I should've warned you about Sunmi. She tends to shoot off every time she talks but please don't take her words to heart. It's just the way she is. She's a little...I don't know, crazy."

"How do you expect me to be fine when someone is saying things about us that are completely untrue?! You should've backed me up, Jimin! She had wrongfully accused you of being my father's murderer! How were you okay with that?"

"Well, she's not entirely wrong about it..." -Jimin sighed, massaging the back of his neck as he sat on the edge of the mattress and watched as Seulgi gets out of her dress.

"Park Jimin, we've had this talk before." -Seulgi tossed her dress aside before coming closer to him to grasp his chin and glare right into his eyes. "It wasn't your fault and you know that. It has been five years. Please don't tell me you're still blaming yourself for it."

Staring back at her fondly, Jimin could only lift up a faint smile on his face as he gently pushed her hands away. Then he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter