"I've tried." (Jungri)

Guns and Roses (A few years later)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slamming the bedroom door open, Jeon Jungkook stormed out of the room wearing a hard frown on his face, appearing to be seething in anger. Marching past the Kim brothers and Min Yoongi, Jungkook did not even bother to acknowledge his brothers before leaving the house and drove off as if the road outside the bungalow was a race track. 

A few moments later, Yerim came out of the same bedroom with reddened eyes and wet cheeks, sniffling as she ran into her older brother's arms.

Through her sobs, she said, "It's over. We're done. It really is over, this time."

"Hey, it's alright..." -Taehyung sighed, his sister's hair fondly as she buries her face in his chest. "At least you guys have finally talked things out. Maybe this is for the better."

After years of being together, back and forth quarrelling and a month of not speaking to each other, Jungkook finally decided to end his relationship with Yerim for good, that evening for a reason only they both know. Their older siblings had thought that it would be a great idea to lock them up in a room and get them to talk things out but things took a turn for the worse when their 'talk' turned into a huge argument with the two of them talking over each other at the top of their lungs.

Jungkook and Yerim have always been in an on-again, off-again relationship and normally they'd make up within, at most, two weeks. Their friends were so used to seeing them bicker back and forth that they assumed this was just another one of their petty squabble about something trivial. However, their fights have definitely never been bigger than what went down that night and everyone was starting to get really concerned. 

Jungkook was never one to ever raise his voice or walk out on Yerim during a fight but this time he blew up, causing their friends to be shocked when they heard him shouting in the room, trying to win his point after getting yelled at by Yerim. Nobody knew what their fight was really about this time but they were certain that the quarrel couldn't be possibly be reconciled as easily as before.

"Should've seen this coming..." -Yoongi shrugged, folding his arms across his chest as he shook his head, "I don't even want to know what happened between the two of you 'cause it's personal, whatever, but if it's really over, I hope you know that Jungkook's still family. You can't push him away from us, neither can he try to cut ties with us. You two better not pull those on us."

"Hey, let's just call it a night, alright?" -Namjoon gently pats his sister's back, "We'll talk about this tomorrow."

"No." -Yerim said, pulling away from Taehyung as she wept her tears with her hands, "I don't want to talk about it anymore. Let's just leave it as it is. Stop relating me into any of his affairs, from this day on. I promise I won't make things awkward for you guys if you could promise me that you won't try to fix anything between us, again. Please..."

"As you wish..." -Her brothers said,


|<<------>>|


Throwing his car keys on the bedside table, Jungkook laid down on his bed, heaving out a loud sigh as he tries his best not to recall the fight he had with his now officially ex-girlfriend, Kim Yerim. He was numb, feeling absolutely empty, staring blankly at the ceiling of his room in silence.

He couldn't exactly figure out how it all started to go wrong and how it built up over the years till their relationship had to end on such a bad note. They were so in love with each other at one point in their lives. He remembered the first time they moved into this very apartment he bought. They'd snuggle up together, every single night in this very bed he was laying on and make love like there's no tomorrow. Photographs of himself and Yerim were framed and decorated at every wall in their house, displaying the best memories they've shared together.

All he wanted now was to take them down and burn them into ashes so he wouldn't have to remember all of the moments he once wished he'd never forget. 


|<<------>>|


One month later...

The doorbell rang and Jungkook hastily rushed out of the shower, grabbing his robe to put on before he answered the door. Normally, his friends would've called beforehand if they wanted to come over but it has been a while since he last heard from any of them after his bad break-up with Yerim, a month ago. He wasn't expecting anyone that day and it was also a little too early to have a guest over so he was indeed a little curious to find out who could be standing behind his main door.  

Checking from the peephole, Jungkook then stepped back and stared blankly at the door, mentally debating on whether he should welcome his guest in, the very person he has been avoiding for a whole month. The guest was no stranger to his home. In fact, this "guest" was never really a guest because she's the only person who possesses the spare keys to his apartment. He wasn't quite sure why she needed to take the trouble to press the doorbell when she could've just entered his apartment on her own.

Hesitantly placing his hand at the door handle, Jungkook heaved out a troubled sigh, still not willing to open the door for her. He wasn't prepared to see her again after what went down between them. They haven't spoken in a month and he knew if they were to talk again, they'd only most probably end up fighting, yet again.

Jungkook reluctantly pulled the door open with a sullen look on his face, looking everywhere but at his guest who was standing with her arms folded across her chest, also avoiding his gaze. Him, wrapped in his bathrobe with his freshly-showered damp and dishevelled hair wasn't really the way he wanted to be seen by his ex-girlfriend considering the fact that they haven't seen each other for a while but that doesn't seem to be his main concern, at the moment. What he really wanted to know was why she had shown up, that morning.

"What do you want?" -he asked, not bothering to greet his guest a 'good morning' at all. 

"I'm here to return your keys..." - she replied plainly, "...and also take back all of the stuff that I left here."

Jungkook did not expect her to come back only to tell him that she was going to clear her belongings out. Although they were no longer on speaking terms, Jungkook had never really mentioned about him wanting her to move out of his apartment. However, he figured that Yerim would eventually do so sooner or later, knowing how awkward it would get if they continued to live together while giving each other the cold shoulder.

Opening the door wider for her to enter, Jungkook only nodded once in response and allowed her to enter. He watched as his guest leisurely entered the living room and looked around as if she was searching for something that's missing.

"Where are all the photos in this house?" -she asked,

"I've...uh...thrown them away." -Jungkook said, only to receive a look of disbelief from her in response before she flashed out a little hesitant smile on her face. 

"Oh...Good." -She said, pushing her hair back before she continued, "That's helpful. At least I have one less thing to do, here. Wouldn't want to be spending my time in this place for too long."

As she walked into their shared bedroom, Jungkook followed her along and waited at the door, leaning against the doorframe as he watched her empty out the closet and fill in her clothes into the luggage bag she has always kept underneath the bed. Then she moved on to the vanity area, picking up her perfume and makeup materials with her before throwing them all into the luggage.

Afterwards, she made her way to the kitchen to grab her favourite mug she always used and walked back to her luggage. Finally zipping the bag closed, she dusted her hands off and took a final look around the house, making sure she hasn't left anything out before she makes her final leave. 

Placing the spare keys on the coffee table, she said, "Thank you for letting me in to clear my stuff out. If you happen to find anything that's mine after I leave, you can just...throw it away. I probably don't need it anymore."

"Sure..." -he simply replied.

Jungkook's eyes followed her as she pulled her luggage along to the main door, taking one last look around the house before she walks out the door. She was just about to reach for the door handles but instantly froze when Jungkook finally decided to speak to her. 

"Just one question before you go, Yeri..." -he said, finally looking at her in the eyes, from across the room, "Did you ever regret loving me?"

The was a long pause of silence between them before Yerim replied with a shrug, "Honestly, I've no answer to that."

Pulling the door open, Yerim exited the house and left without another word.


|<<------>>|


"Change takes time, Yeri..." -Seungwan said as she helps her friend unpack the luggage she had just brought home from Jungkook's apartment. 

"Oh, come on Unnie. It has been five years." -Yerim unenthusiastically hangs her clothes piece by piece in her closet, "How much more time does he need to get his act together and stop behaving like a kid? I'm sick of coming home to him covered in bruises and torn knuckles,  finding out that he got fired, yet again, for assaulting one of his co-workers."

"Have you asked him why he did it, though? I'm sure Jungkook wouldn't do something like that without a reason." - Seungwan said, tryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter