07 Cross Fire

With You, Under This Sky

07 Cross Fire

“Careful.”  

Hyewon check the pink haired girl reflection. She flicked a few knobs off the main controller to turn on the internal radio system.

She continues driving in the same direction but prepared herself for any sudden stop or change. They are threading dangerous water, at worst they could be caught in the middle of bandits chasing each other and that’s the thing she does not want to happen.

She once again checks on Chaewon, who is now climbing the stairs up the turret. She breathes a sigh of relief when she saw the girl finally reach the turret hatch.

 “Chief. I’ll look outside.” Chaewon voice pop out of the speaker near Hyewon’s side. She sighed at once again getting called chief. The pink haired girl had given her a bunch of annoying titles.

“Don’t it’s dangerous.”

“I’m just going to sight check.”

 

Hyewon groans, as much as she got used to the younger girl presence she still has not gotten used to her stubbornness and there is no way she could convince her otherwise.

“If things get dangerous, immediately go back in. I don’t want your head getting blast off.

Hyewon glances once again at the fuel indicator that is now shining bright red. She pinches her nose bridge and prepared herself for whatever is about to come. It’s almost sundown, all she wanted is rest.

“I see some explosion south side.” Chaewon reported.

 

 

Hyewon check the radar, now there are more that it’s getting detected and they are scarily getting closer to them. 

[BOOM!!!]

A missile hits close to their tank making Hyewon lose her grip of the steering wheel.

“Chae!!! Get yourself back in.” Hyewon look back at the girl who still standing up with her head out of the hatch.

“Roger!” Chaewon calmly replied trough the intercom. “Hey, Can I blast them off.”

“No. We don’t want any trouble. Just be on stand by.”

Hyewon slowed down the tank, knowing she will be burning more fuel but she know they still can get by. Safety matters for now, until a pink light pop up on the radar.

The pink light and the icon of a cherry blossom, indicating that one of the pieces she is looking for is nearby.

She analyzes the radar data once again and now that she sees it, it seems that a portion of those bandits are after whoever was that, that is giving the pink light reading.

 

 

[BAAMM!!!]

Another blast from the side was felt.

“Hey, let me get one of them.” Chaewon gritted through the intercom. 

“No.” She answered curtly.

She glances back to the radar, her eyes lock into that pink light.

Going forward, let alone accelerating will be dangerous and they risk stalling right in the middle of the desert, surrounded by bandits.

On the other hand, if she let this slip, she would not know if she will ever find it again. She has cooked up some plan but is it worth the risk.

“Looks like they are not after us.” Chaewon sighed in relief. “Chasing something I guess, we could just cruise and we get there safely. I mean we still have enough fuel right?”

Hyewon gulps. “Yes.” She answered back to the radio. That pink light not escaping her eyes, she took a deep breath.

“Are you ok?” Chaewon patted her head, she had just climb down out of the turret hatch.

 Hyewon graces her finger to the image of the cherry blossom on the radar. This is like seeing the white rabbit, very tempting to chase after.

 

Continuing at the current pace meant they get to their destination safely. Chaewon would get a chance to see the power of Chebul Co network but then she looses her chance on getting this one. Somehow somewhere she feels she can’t do that.

On the other hand it’s dangerous and they might get stuck in a place they don’t want to just for a slim chance of chasing after her pink rabbit.

 


 

Yow I'm running a poll on twitter regarding the next update ^-^. If you can, please vote.

 

https://twitter.com/kaichimoo/status/1145321593419075584