05 Games & 06 Bandit’s Trail

With You, Under This Sky

05 Games

After weeks of loitering in Mint Desert, the duo finally decided to trek across the barren desert known as Peach Lane. It’s a dangerous path. South of Woolim City is a stretch known as Bandits trail and one of the few places you could enter Peach Lane is bordering it.

Chaewon’s goal is to get to Kingdom of Yuehua, located at North West Yellow Plains. The probability of seeing her sister there is small. Going after a fugitive is hard. It’s a game of cat and mouse. At worst, if she could not catch her up in Yuehua, she might at least get information of her where-about.  

If Chaewon is playing a game of cat and mouse, Hyewon is playing a game of blind treasure hunt with moving treasure’s to boot. It’s like a quest for dragon balls, that’s basically what she is doing, finding her dragon balls. Though there is no dragon granting wish and she doesn’t know if at the end of it she will get what she is looking for.


06 Bandit's Trail

Hyewon clench the steering wheel, she rarely show much emotion, but she is lying if she said she is not nervous. She had encounters with bandits and mercenaries before, heck one of them tagged along with her. But this is the closest she has been to the Bandit’s trail. They are now approaching the entrance to Peach lane, the border that is mark by a huge rock formation separating it to Woolim City.  

“How long ‘till we get there?” Chaewon asks.

“If things go well, a little bit after sun down, we’ll be there.”

“Hope we get there before that thing goes red.”

Chaewon pointed out the fuel indicator that is hairline into dangerously low.

“We’ll get there, I calculated it.” Hyewon glances to the indicator and mentally checking if they have enough.

“Does that Cherry Company even offers fuel for this type of machine?”    

“It’s Cherry Bullet Corporation, Chaewon! And yes they do have fuels – they are basically one stop shop in the desert. If we get lucky and they have spare room we get to stay in nice bed for once.”

“Good to hear. You are awfully familiar with desert working, huh. I mean for someone who says she have not left her country since birth.” Chaewon put her feet on top of Hyewon’s seat, something she has been use to doing.

“I’ve done my research.” Hyewon rolled her eyes, “One more thing could you stop kicking my seat.”

Chaewon gulp, it’s rare for the older girl to voice her complains and most of the times she just let her be. She diligently removes her feet that are comfortably resting on top of the driver’s seat, but before she could land them, the tank rattled hard from the left side.

“The #@(#!@%^#!!!”

Chaewon cling unto her seat.

“This is why I ask you to wear your seatbelt!”

“Geez… Understand.”

“Please, sight check the left side – the radar is detecting something.”

Chaewon look into the periscope and rotated it to the left to see what’s happening. Though its faint Chaewon manage to spot a band of bandit’s chasing another band. She relay this information to Hyewon who then ask her to man the turret in case they need to defend themselves.