Chapter 8 - J-Line vs School Meal Club - 1st Half

Mercurial Talents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Apologies for the delay in updates. I had to think about what to write for the match and how it was going to be played out. Got some inspiration through soundtracks. Enjoy!

 

After having dinner with Momo, Sana and Tzuyu, Dahyun, alongside Sana, waved to Momo and Tzuyu who were moving off on a different direction than them. Sana and Dahyun walked along the neighborhood as Dahyun decided that she will send Sana home. Initially, Sana refused but Dahyun did not back down and was persistent. In the end, Sana gave up and let Dahyun send her home but deep inside, she was elated that Dahyun was sending her home. The walk was silent. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was a comfortable one, knowing that Dahyun and Sana were comfortable around each other. 

After walking for some time, Sana decided to start up a conversation, "Dahyun-ah."

Dahyun was initially surprised by the nickname but brushed it aside and looked at Sana questioningly. 

"How about we have the next match tomorrow?"

"But Sana, Chaeyoung hasn't recovered yet. We're not so sure if we're ready to go against your team. I'll need to check on her."

"There's no need, Dahyun. I'm pretty sure Mina is with her, or maybe WAS with her." Sana emphasized.

"Was? What do you mean?" Dahyun questions.

"Visiting hours are closed. She'd probably left by now but I'm sure they do keep in contact. I'll ring Mina once I'm home then I'll update you on Chaeyoung's status, is that okay, Dahyun-ah?" Sana enquired. Dahyun pondered for the moment but nodded her head. Sana squealed which made Dahyun frown. 

"Such a funny kid". Dahyun thought.

Sana stopped walking and turned around to look at Dahyun, who stopped walking as well.

"So, this is my house. Thank you, Dahyun, for walking me back home." Sana smiled.

"Smile of an angel." Dahyun smiled unconsciously.

"It's not a big deal. I live quite nearby anyway. Who knows, maybe we can meet each other before heading out to school? Would that be suitable for you? Or you would prefer heading to school with your friends. I'm fine with either." Dahyun said as Sana put her hand on her chin. 

"I would prefer meeting each other before heading out to school. That would be great, Dahyun-ah." Sana smiled after thinking about it.

"Great! Then, um..." Dahyun mumbled.

"Yes, Dahyun?" Sana looked at her questioningly.

"Uh.. C-canigetyourphonenumberplease."

Sana could barely register what she said. All she heard was "phone number". She could only smile in response but she decided to tease Dahyun.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I didn't get what you said." Sana smiled teasingly.

Dahyun put on an embarassing smile which Sana laughed out loud.

"No, Dahyun, really. I didn't catch what you said. Please repeat it for me." Sana wiped her tear as she couldn't stop laughing at Dahyun's embarassing smile.

Dahyun took a deep breath and looked at Sana in all seriousness to the point where Sana had to stop laughing and looked at Dahyun in the eye.

"Minatozaki Sana."

Sana was wide-eyed as Dahyun said her full name out loud. It almost made her heart flutter how her name was said by the one and only Kim Dahyun. "Y-yes?"

"Can I get your phone number please? It will be easier for us to communicate that way." Dahyun smiled confidently as Sana turned into a blushing mess.

"S-s-sure, Dahyun-ah. Here." Sana took out her phone as Dahyun did the same. They exchanged their phones and contact and they passed their phones back to each other.

"Thank you, Sana-chan. Now get going. We have a game to settle tomorrow. I'll see you here in the morning before school tomorrow. Goodnight, Sana-chan." Dahyun pinched her cheeks and made her way back to her house, leaving Sana standing there as the latter turned and looked at Dahyun's retreating back.

"Goodnight, Dahyun-ah!" She shouted. She saw Dahyun put up a peace sign above her head as she continued walking back. Sana smiled and went into her house. She decided to check her phone, curious to see what did Dahyun save her name as. She pressed the contacts app on her phone and saw a name called "Dubu" with a peace sign beside it. Sana let out a small laugh as she went up to her bed to prepare herself for bed, not before informing her other 2 best friends that they were having a game tomorrow.

Dahyun reached her home in 10 minutes after walking Sana back home. "I'm home." She said to no one. She placed her shoes and blew a kiss at the photoframe at the shoe rack. She then went to her room and placed her belongings on the floor and laid down on her bed, sighing contently. She fished out her phone and took a look at her contacts. She scrolled down and saw "Shy3 Sana" with a green heart beside it. 

"Shy Shy Shy Sana? What a unique way to save your own name, Sana-chan."

She decided to drop her a small text saying, 'Hey, Dahyun here. I'm already home if you're wondering. I'll see you at about 7 in the morning tomorrow? Have a good rest Sana-chan.' She sent it and she went to text her best friends as well regarding the game.

'Guys, game day tomorrow. It's us against the Japanese trio.' - Dahyun

'That quick? I'm down. Can we bring our own jersey? It's a little uncomfortable with their new kit as I'm not used to it yet.' - Tzuyu

'Yes you can. I'm bringing mine as well. Chaeng, how's your ankle? Are you okay for the game tomorrow?' - D

'Ankle's fine. Ms Taeyeon said I can play tomorrow if I don't push myself too hard. So I'm down.' - Chaeyoung

'Oh and I'm bringing my jersey too. Let's bring middle school memories back, guys.' - C

'I love you guys. Get some rest. We'll need it tomorrow. Goodnight.' - D
 

Dahyun then placed her phone back on the small table by her bed and got up to prepare for bed. After her shower, she dried her hair and went to lay down on her bed. She checked her phone for more messages and saw a message from Sana. She smiled and opened the message.

'Hi Dahyunnie!! Okaerinasai! I just showered and I'm heading to bed now. See you tomorrow, Dahyun-ah. Goodnight and sleep well!' 

"O...kaerinasai..? What does that mean?" Dahyun decided not to think too much about it and sent a reply.

'Okay Sana-chan. Goodnight and sleep well to you too. See you tomorrow as well.'

She placed her phone back on her bedside table but not before charging it. She then laid on her side and let the sleep take her.

Two adults, a young adult and a young girl was in a car. They were on vacation, taking a break from their work and school life. It was a quarter past 2 in the morning where they were. They were heading to the airport to catch their flight. Halfway through the drive, they were enjoying themselves in the car. As the driver was making the turn, he lost control due to the wet weather, causing the car to spin and flip over countless times. Once the car stopped flipping over, it was upside down and everyone in the car was motionless. Except for the young girl. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the carnage that was in her view. She managed to unbuckle the seatbelt she was on and she fell towards the ground. She then crawled her way out, despite her injuries. She groaned out in pain and saw passer-bys making phonecalls to what she assumed would be the ambulance. She held her hand but her consciousness was fading. The last thing she heard was the ambulance rushing to her aid and the people shouting.

"NO!" Dahyun woke up from the nightmare. She looked down and saw that she was crying. She brought her knees up to her chest and sobbed quietly.

"Mum... Dad.... Brother... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It should've been me. Why not me? Why?"

She checked her phone to check on the time, wiping her tears in the process.

4:15AM.

She sighed. She has been having this nightmare ever since yet she never told anyone about it. Not even Chaeng or Tzuyu. She didn't want to burden them so she's taking all of this alone. She decided to get up and prepare for the day. She went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. She could see eyebags under her eyes and they were puffy as well. She sighed once more as she went to take a shower. As the water rolls down her body, she inspected her scars. The most prominent one being the one on her knee. She suffered a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament during one of her matches against their arch rivals where they barely won 1-0 after some great defending from Tzuyu and backtracking from Chaeyoung. She then looked at her body, where the scars of the accident still remains. She traced a finger on it and felt the scar, reminding her of her nightmare. Of that fateful day. She shook her head to snap out of the thoughts and she continues to wash up. She went out of the bathroom with a towel around her, shivering as the cold night wind breezed past her. She took out her middle school jersey and placed it in her duffel bag, her favorite football boots, her shin pads and her knee guard, not forgetting her socks as well. She wore her sports bra and her tights, bringing an extra pair of underwear and bra. After getting everything that she needed, she placed it by her door.

She went out of her room to make some breakfast by herself. Since there was no delivery, she just decided to cook some instant noodles. Her friends always complained that she has to eat other food other than instant noodles but she just shrugged, saying that it was the cheaper option plus they can be found at the shop near her house where Mr Jay worked. Few minutes later, she cooked her noodles and placed it a bowl, stirred it and brought it with her to the table. She the TV but just decided to watch some Netflix. She watched a random show and ate in peace. Minutes later, she finished her noodles and washed it in the sink. She wiped her hands on a towel and looked at the clock on the wall.

6:45AM.

'Better get going.'

Dahyun picked up her duffel bag from her room and wore her shoes. She looked at the photoframe and picked it up. She looked between her brother, her mother and then her father. She looked at her young self who was smiling in the photo. She couldn't help but shed a small tear as it fell onto the frame. She wiped the tear away from the frame and wiped her face as well. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter