I'll stay with you

What's up Doc?!?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"CHEERS!!!"

 

The neurosurgeon team shouted in unison as they celebrated their success in the operation of the chairwoman's daughter. They gather at Eunbi's house, laughter and weird antics surrounded the atmosphere making Eunbi's heart burst in pure happiness. But she cannot be happier enough if her ultimate source of inspiration was not here.

 

"Is she really not coming?" Eunbi asked her friend Yena who was busy chatting with her friends.

 

"I dont have any idea Dr. Kwon," yena said apologetically.

 

"Just call me unnie ok? We're not at work." Eunbi patted the younger girl's head making the latter nod in reply.

 

Yena noticed the uneasiness of the head chief. "Are you okay unnie? You look.. gloomy. We should be celebrating! So smile, okay?"

 

"I'm happy yena, i really do. It's just.." Eunbi lowered her head unable to finish her words.

 

"Because she's not here.. isn't it?"

 

Eunbi nodded. "I just can't help but to be worried. She seems fine the other day right?"

 

"Yeah.. but I also noticed that she's not her usual self this past few days. She seemed distracted?" Yena said before sipping her drink.

 

"But why?" Eunbi unknowingly tapped her fingers on the high table while thinking deeply.

 

"You should ask her yourself unnie. But I'm not saying that you should do it today but you know, some other time. So cheer up now okay? Kwangbae is fine!" Yena gently tapped the older girl's shoulder to ease her worries.

 

"Okay.. I trust you on this Yena." Eunbi grinned lightly before she resumed on sipping her drink.

 

"Madam Kwon, Ms. Choi. Macaroons you want?" Dr. Kwon's helper suddenly walks closer to them to offer some snacks.

 

"Hey Adrianne!! W-what are you doing here?" Yena asked the helper and was flabbergasted upon seeing the familiar figure in front of her.

 

Eunbi glanced at Yena questioningly. "You know my helper? H-how?" 

 

"Well apparently, that helper of yours is one of the girl crush back in our college days! That's why I'm hella confused!" Yena focused her gaze at the dumbfounded helper. "So? Care to explain Ms. Popular? What is this stunt of yours? I also know that you can be mischievous so spill the beans!"

 

Adrianne laughs before shaking her head. "Not gonna tell you Ms. Choi. Just go and ask the author. Bye!" She stuck her tongue out and stuffed with one of the macaroons and turned her back to serve the other guests.

 

"That silly girl! Dr. Kwon! Did you just witnessed how rude your helper is? You're not going to scold her or something?" Yena scoffed while crossing her arms.

 

Eunbi laughs at the cute interaction of the two. "Just let her be. And besides, I love that kid." Eunbi followed her gaze at her helper before glancing back at the confused looking Yena.

 

- - - - - - -

 

"What? Why didn't you tell us in the first place? We're all so worried about you!"

 

Eunbi was about to get a glass of water at the kitchen when she overheard Sakura talking through her phone. She didn't want to invade her privacy but her intincts are telling her otherwise. The japanese girl seems doesn't mind her presence.

 

"You haven't drink you meds yet? Are you really a doctor? For god's sake Hyewon!"

 

"Hyewon? What happen to her?" Eunbi was alarmed upon hearing hyewon's name.

 

"Wait, I'm going there, just relax okay? And breathe.." Sakura hang up her phone and when she turned about, she saw Eunbi with her worried expression.

 

"T-that's hyewon right? What happen to her Sakura? Please tell me. I beg you." She walked closer to the short haired girl and held her hand in a pleading manner.

 

"Hmm.. she doesn't want to tell it to you Dr. Kwon. I'm sorry. I-I gotta go." Sakura bowed and started to walk past Eunbi when the latter grip her wrist stopping her from walking away.

 

"Just let me come with you Sakura. Please. I won't be able to sleep tonight if I kept on worrying about her...Please? I can handle this, trust me."

 

Sakura heaved a long sigh then nodded. "Fine. Let's go Dr. Kwon.. we need to be there as soon as possible." The latter grab the older one's wrist and pulled her towards the front door.

 

"Hey Kkura! Why are you with Dr.Kwon? Where are you going?" Yujin asked when she saw the two who are in a rush to leave the house.

 

"I'll explain later Yujin. We need to get going.
Bye!" Sakura shortly replied before storming out of the house with Eunbi following her with a first aid kit on her hand.

 

- - - - - - -

 

They finally arrived at Hyewon's place. The house is in total darkness when you look at it from the outside. 

 

"Is she alone there?" Eunbi asked sakura who just  nodded in reply.

 

"Let's go inside Dr. Kwon."

 

"Drop the formality Sakura, like I told Yena we're not at work."

 

"Oh.. okay i'll take note of that." Sakura replied before finally inserting the key to her friend's front door. She twisted the doorknob and opens the door in a swift motion. She turn on the light and after seeing what's right in front of them, the two was in complete shock. Hyewon's living room was in a total disaster. Cans of carbonated drinks are everywhere, bits of chips and cookies can be seen at her center table, stains of chocolate syrup are on the floor making it looked like a child just clumsily ran with a chocolate sweet on her hand.

 

"I'm sorry Dr. Kw-- I mean Eunbi unnie that you get to witness this mess." Sakura said apologetically towards the older girl a.k.a their head chief of neurosurgeon team. She was embarassed that her senior who just want to help her fellow junior had unfortunately witnessed Kang Hyewon's untidiness.

 

"No, its fine, dont worry. So where is she?" Eunbi asked worriedly.

 

"She's upstairs. Follow me."

 

Eunbi followed the japanese girl towards Hyewon's room. Luckily, the door to her room was unlocked so they sneakily went inside, careful not to disturb hyewon who might be in deep slumber right now. But it turns out quite the opposite. Hyewon just awkwardly sitting on her bed while hugging her knees and trying her very best to catch her breath.

 

"Hyewon! Oh my god you have to drink your meds!" Sakura, who was now in deep panic, fumbled nervously with the meds on the paper bag that they bought and opens the cap eagerly. Her hands were shaking while she's trying to get the tablet in the bottle.

 

Eunbi immediately ran to Hyewon's side while the short haired girl went out to get a glass of water. She made Hyewon sit up straight and calmly checked her  if she's wearing a tight clothing. Thankfully she's wearing a loose white shirt paired with her pajama.

 

"Breathe.. breathe hye, and try to relax. I'm here okay?" Eunbi calmly whispered at the poor girl's ear while her back and gently patting her tummy in a comforting manner.

 

She opened her first aid kit with her free hand while the other was still busy Hyewon's back. She get the inhaler, removed the cap and gently press it unto Hyewon's mouth.

 

"Deep breaths hye.. deep breaths.. yes you're doing great.." Eunbi said while assisting the sick girl with the inhaler. 

 

"Hye!! Drink it now!" Sakura ran towards the bed and handed the tiny tablet and the glass of water to Eunbi. The latter removed the inhaler and direct the tablet unto Hyewon's mouth which the girl gulped it up instantly.

 

After a couple of minutes of faint breathing and wheezing from Hyewon, she finally relaxed a little bit. She unconciously lay her head on Eunbi's shoulder while taking deep breaths. She closed her eyes which alert the doctor immediately.

 

"Try not to sleep yet honey, maybe a couple of minutes more, we still need to observe you, okay? Hmm?" She held her hand and gently it with her thumb.

 

"I...I'll.. t-try...." Hyewon said in a husky and low tone. She snuggled closer to Eunbi making it look like they were hugging now.

 

Eunbi kissed Hyewon on her forehead. "That's my girl."

 

Sakura who is quietly observing the two grins at the sight. The sweet and endearing side of their senior was pleasing in her eyes. Screw those who are spreading false rumors about the head chief being bossy and rude. Sakura is confident that what she's witnessing right now is the real Kwon Eunbi. And she can't help but to admire the young doctor more.

 

After checking her vital signs and making sure that she's okay, Eunbi finally let hyewon get her much needed sleep. She gently the younger girl's head while observing her.

 

"She looks peaceful and serene when sleeping. It radiates her beauty even more... What the heck Kwon Eunbi, get a grip of yourself okay? The girl is sick!" Eunbi silently cursed herself for thinking random thoughts.

 

"Uhm, Eunbi-ssi?" Sakura interrupted Eunbi's thoughts.

 

"Oh sakura, what is it?"

 

"Hmm I still have my shift at 1am. And it's already 12:30am, I think I should get going. You're coming with me? Hyewon seems fine now. Thanks to you unnie."

 

"Hmm I think i'll just stay here for the night." Eunbi glanced at the sleeping girl then look at Sakura again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter