Chapter 4

Deadly Sins

“Is that a book?” Baram snorts as he walks passed Chaeyoung when the girl sits at the most cornered table of the restaurant. It is 10AM, so there’s not much of customers.

Breakfast hour has ended and lunch hour has not begun yet so we all are lounging around, sitting idly minding our own business since the preparation for lunch is all set up. Woosung is the only one in the kitchen, going through the soup and broths.

I play my phone, scrolling my social media. When Baram throws that remark, the girl just scoffs and continue to read. He sits across her.

“What’s the title?” He asks.

I don’t actually join the circle but his loud voice unintentionally allowing me to get all the details of their conversation while I pretend on being uninterested.

“Seven deadly sins?” He says. Apparently he has forcedly taking the book from her. She heaves loudly, snatching it back. “What is it about?”

“Exactly what the title is,” She states.

The boy bops his head, doesn’t know what to reply to prolong the topic. He might change after. “I don’t know you like reading,”

“Well, surprise, surprise.”

Chaeyoung isn’t usually this hostile but woman has their mood swings at times but I have to agree with Baram, she is not the type who read books.

She lets out a loud sigh. “If these sins are true, I am totally gluttony.” She tells him, not that he asks for any information. I chuckle softly, hearing the impromptu confession. The man frowns, probably asking for further explanation. “Can you go get me some boba? I’ll pay for your cup too.” She begs.

Oh, she’s on her period. She’ll become another person every time her period comes. Maybe this time, she’s trying to be a nerd with all the sudden hobby of reading. But bubble tea is always the drink that she will crave for whenever she has the time of the month. She would ask for it like seven days until she pukes the bubbles out.

Baram seems to know that habit too that he releases a heavy sigh. “You could have just said earlier instead of pretending all philosophic by reading this book.” He stands up without waiting for her remark and goes back to the kitchen to hang his apron.

He comes to me, knocking on my table to get my attention. “Do you want boba too?”

I draw a small smile. “No, thanks.”

He nods his head. “Alright, I’ll be going out.”

I huff, smiling back at Chaeyoung when she smiles at me. The book she’s holding, it’s brownish and old and looks odd in her hands. I have the urge to ask of her readings but I shrug it off, feeling it unnecessary apart from not wanting to entertain her lengthy rant of the content of the book that I possibly need no of.

 

There is a usual large amount of customers going to the restaurant today and it tires me as like it has always had. I go home, famish and weary but it has been years since I last get a decent meal. Why? Because I have the conclusion where I would like the nature take death upon me instead of committing suicide because that way, I will not take responsible to it. It’s the nature.

“Get some cake,” Jaebeom suggests.

I almost scream when he appears next to me when I stare into the glass display of cakes as I line up for Iced Americano in a café next building to where I currently live.

I stammer, whispering. “C-can the people see you?” Before he could even answer me, a woman pass through him and he wanes before appearing back. He gives the woman a look before falling his stares back on me.

“Get the cake, and breads. And rice and noodle. Or we can go buy some chickens. Ah chickens. Fried chicken is nice.” He mutters alone, assuring me to get all the food he has listed.

I shake my head, lightly stomping on the floor, impatiently waiting for my drink. I hurried to the counter when the barista called for my order number and walk out leaving Jaebeom in.

“Let’s go get chicken.”

I shriek when Jaebeom holds my arm and force my way into the fried chicken shop just next door. “Where the hell you come from?” I grunt, scowling at him.

The staff behind the counter smiles at me as he waits for my order. “No, no, nevermind.” I speak to him.

Jaebeom smiles instead. “Two chickens, one spicy, one honeyed.” The man nods and write it down before he goes back into the kitchen to place the order to the other staffs. I frown, confused that he can hear this man that is standing next to me. I thought he’s invisible…?

I let out an exasperated sigh, too weary to even fight with him so I sit to an empty table waiting for the order that Jaebeom has made.

“Care to tell me if you’re now invisible or not because he seems to hear you just fine.” I say to him.

He crooks an idiot smile, drawing out his arm as someone pass us and it happens again. His arm disappear and comes back, like he’s having transition. “Nope, they can’t.” He grins.

I can’t get any more confused and brain damage with this situation. “So how–”

“He hears you. I speak for you.”

It gives me nausea trying to comprehend these new creatures that appear in my house explanation. The more I know the more I feel like I’m going crazy. “You posses me?”

He chuckles. “I really will end the explanation any further. If you wish me not to speak for you ever again, please do as I say. As every one of us say.”

“Is this a threat?”

“Take it as so,” he shrugs.

“Now, who’s going to eat all the chickens?” I glare at him, angry that he makes the decision on my behalf. It’s my life. Not his. If he wants to eat the chicken so much he should have his own body and voice and order them himself. Or possess anyone else.

“You.”

 

Yea, I do eat everything. None of the other boys appear at home. Jaebeom is the only one here, following me back from work to home and he keeps staring at me to convince me to eat and he won’t go unless I finish them all. I don’t know what his might and power are so I obey to him. Heck, he only asks me to eat and the chickens are damn nice.

I am left out for years from ravishing these good food. What else that as good as this that I have forgotten of the taste? I am totally left out and I shan’t be any longer. I should eat, shouldn’t I? If not a lot, at least, a decent amount of it.