Chapter 3

Deadly Sins

“Oh God,” I groan, pinching the bridge of my nose. “Oh God, is it morning yet? I have a terrible nightmare again.” My throat is dry and my voice comes out hoarse. I push myself off my bed and halt my movement when I sit at the edge of the bed.

I look around. I wasn’t in bed when I passed out or anything. I don’t remember getting into bed and have crazy nightmare again. Reasoning out, I convince myself that I have sprawled onto bed exactly after bath.

“Oh I wish this could end.” I stand up, hardly. “I can’t even have a good sleep in my own house. This place is cursed.”

“Probably,” A voice replies me. He stands at the doorway of my bedroom, holding a glass of milk. “Probably not.” He shrugs. “Good morning, princess. It’s still early but well,”

“Who the hell are you now?” I don’t really recall this person but he must be one of the guys from last night, or from my dream. I don’t know. “Am I still dreaming?”

He waves to gesture me to follow him. “Know what? No more passing out and fainting, alright? We’re gonna talk like some adult, okay? I’m Bambam, by the way.” He directs me to the kitchen.

I scoff. “Is that even a real name, to begin with?” I rake my hair, and grunt as soon as I meet eyes with the other men. There’s Mark. “I totally have no desire to scream any longer. You guys wanna hang out here? Yea, do whatever you want. I am excluded for whatever agenda or shenanigans you’re pulling. Out, I’m out.”

My eyes fall at the man beside me, Bambam.

“Want some milk?” He asks. I almost reply but he beats me. “Make on you own.” He drinks it before walking away, sitting in the chair next to the man I don’t even know the name of.

“Okay, listen. I’m Jaebeom.” The guy that I saw the earliest speaks. He looks annoyed, unimpressed. “You are totally having breakfast before your work. I don’t care.” He sternly says.

“Well, gentleman, I don’t really take orders.” I walk off, swinging the fridge door open and take the carton milk. It’s still sealed and I wonder where Bambam get the milk from if it’s remain untouched.

One of them snorts. “I like your attitude.” The guy wears a snapback in reverse. He has his shirt sleeveless, showing off his guns and biceps. “It’s new. You’re not usually like this.”

I frown at him. “Have you told me your name? Because if not, I’m not speaking with you. I will regard all of you as my imagination. Like my worse kind of imagination.” I pour the milk into the glass I manage to grab from the cabinet as I speak.

“You crack the code. Hurray.” Jaebeom says unamusingly. “We’re indeed your imaginations.” He manages his plain expression.

“No, we’re not!” The sleeveless huge biceps guy retorts.

“That’s the simplest term we can say to her. Do you think she has the brain to storm our beings’ social duties?” Bambam has his smartass grin across his face, I almost punch him.

“But we’re totally not!” Still the guy retorts.

“Take your wrath somewhere else, Jackson. It’s not the day yet.” One of the guy smiles. That guy I remember giving me that dirty look last night. He marches closer, having a tiny crook at the end of his lips, his eyes half lidded covered by his fringe in a very y way. “I’m Yugyeom.” He takes my hand and kisses it softly. Instantly, I pull away. This guy scares me.

“Ain’t your day either, bastard.” Jackson grumbles, folding his arms across his broad chest.

I wipe the back of my hand on my shirt, taking a step back and look only at Jaebeom since he seems to be the one in charge. “If you’re my imagination, why I can’t control any of you?”

Mark sighs. “This is going to be a long day for me. Can I got and get some sleep first while you all do this presentation or explanation for her? She might needs some picture too.” Mark pats the shoulder of one of the remaining two that I fail to name. “Jinyoung, you do it, okay? You’re usually greed of attention, ain’t it?”

Jinyoung rolls his eyes.

“I don’t even get the chance to drink because I’m afraid one of you going to drop a bomb of information while I’m drinking and I’ll choke and die.” I say, taking a seat next to the only guy I don’t know the name of. “And you are…”

“Youngjae,” The guys speaks softly.

Great. “Great. Of all the things I have to ‘imagine’,” I press the word, “I have to imagine a bunch of guys.”

Jaebeom laughs softly. “You know what? Eat a decent meal and I’ll promise you the whole story.”

“This is decent.”

“This barely pass a . Breakfast is God’s gift. Have a decent meal. You look ugly looking this malnourish,” Jaebeom tells, “I don’t even want to go on. Bambam can preach you on that since you seem like to have none…pride.”

I gasp. “I have pride, alright? Now, do I have to make meal for me or you’re forcing me to make some meal because all of you are starving too.”

“Don’t mind us.” Youngjae shoves his fists in his sweater’s pocket. He stands up, tilting his head to invite the other men to follow him, leaving only Jaebeom with me.

I scoff. “What’s the deal, man?” I look at Jaebeom. “What are you all up to? Is this some good pranks? My auntie sends you to me to look after me, is it?”

“You have pulled some act last night so let’s all come to a compromise where nobody is making no phone call to anyone, okay?” He has his eyes lock on me, trying to get me to agree to his terms.

“Yea, speaking of that, WHY THE HELL YOU ALL CAN’T BE SEEN ARE YOU GHOSTS?”

“You human have so many terms for so many creatures. I don’t know whether I should agree to you or not. But what if we are?”

I draw my lips into a thin line. “I wanted to scream, act shock again, but I am so tired to pass out again.

Jaebeom chuckles. “Mark loves it if you pass out.”

Now, this man is smiling and he looks kinda friendly. I might grow a liking with him, though. He seems to be the only one that is cultured enough to hold a conversation with.

“If you guys are ghost,” I start after taking a sip of milk, “You’re not here to end my life, right? I’m not dying, right?” It scares me to think of that. All this while I have prayed that God can shorten my days in this world but heck, I don’t even want to think of the afterlife. I’m not yet ready to die, and meet my parents while being a solid loser.

“Are you scared now?” He smirks.

I wave him off, not wanting him to read my mind yet. Heck, maybe he has the power too. “I’m late for work.” I stand up and get ready to go for work. “Will you all be at home when I get back or should I expect a freedom for me where you all finally move out or disintegrated…or I don’t know…?” I place my glass in the sink, roughly washing it.

He shrugs, standing up too. “Believe me, this is your freedom. Your breakthrough.” He has a small smile before he disappears into thin air.

I choke on my breath when he dissolves like that. No matter how I think I should believe that they’re not human or whosoever they are, it just doesn’t sound anywhere sane. I might have gone crazy with this hallucination and I would like this thing to be kept from anyone else. I just got my freedom, I don’t want to be sent to rehab if my auntie and uncle know I speak to some ghosts. Maybe I would go to psychiatrist or somewhat for counselling…oh dear. I don’t know. I don’t know.

I’m not talking this to anyone. So are you. Please, keep this secret, okay?