" I Just Can't Let You Go Even If I Die... " Chapter 1~

" I Just Can't Let You Go Even If I Die... "

Hee Yoong walked to the SM Entertainment building for her first day as a trainee in the new girl group 'The Girls Next Door'. She skipped excitedly into the building, but ended up crashing into someone on the way in.

 

" Oof! "

 

" Ouch! "

 

Hee Yoong and the person fell on the ground in a heap. Hee Yoong looked up at who she bumped into and got the shock of her life.

It was Cho Kyuhyun of Super Junior, her ultimate bias and sunbaenim.

 

" Omona! Kyuhyun sunbaenim! Mianhamnida! ", apologized Hee Yoong profusely as she quickly helped him up.  " Mianhamnida! Gwenchana!? "

 

Kyuhyun only dusted his pants and shirt. He looked at Hee Yoong and gave a forgiving smile.

 

" Gwenchana. Aigooo, no need to get so worked up. ", said Kyuhyun with a chuckle.

 

Hee Yoong blushed in embarrassment as she bowed her head low. Kyuhyun tilted her chin up so that she could face him properly.

 

" Aigooo, you're cute, you know that? ", he said with a smile.

 

" K--kam--kamsahamnida, sunbaenim. ", stammered Hee Yoong.

 

" I'll see you around soon, okay? I'm late for a photoshoot. See you around! ", said Kyuhyun and hurried inside.

 

Hee Yoong stood rooted to the ground, her cheeks flushed crimson red. Her Super Junior bias had just talked to her and called her cute! She could just squeal like a happy fangirl now.

Suddenly, she realized that she was going to be late for her first day as a trainee. She quickly rushed inside and made it into her training room just in time with the other trainees.

 

*******

 

After 1½ gruelling hours of dancing, practicing and singing, they took a 30-minute break. Hee Yoong decided to go exploring for a while.

She walked along the long hallways and corridors, looking at the signs on the doors. They read 'SHINee', 'SNSD', 'Super Junior', etc.

 

" Wow, SMEnt has a lot of artists. ", thought Hee Yoong in awe.

 

As she rounded a corner, she saw a camera flash from a distance. Curious, she decided to take a closer look.

 

" And hana, duel, set... Perfect shot! Now, Donghae, move there a little bit... Little more... Great! ", said a man who looked like a photographer.

 

The man with blondish-brown hair and a colorful outfit, who the photographer called 'Donghae', stood against a pink background, posing for the camera.

 

" Are you lost? "

 

Hee Yoong jumped at the deep voice behind her. Her eyes met with a man with wavy brown hair in a striped vest, skinny pants, a leopard-print jacket and a captain's cap. Hee Yoong would recognize the voice anywhere.

 

" Oh! Kyuhyun sunbaenim! "

 

" Do I know you? Oh! You're that girl who bumped into me at the door this morning, right? "

 

" N--ne. I--I just wanna apologize again, sunbae. I-- "

 

" Aigoooo, gwenchana. I said it's alright already, arasso? ", said Kyuhyun as he gently placed a finger on her lips.  " You don't have to keep apologizing. "

 

" Ne, sunbaenim. "

 

Satisfied, Kyuhyun removed his finger from Hee Yoong's lips.

 

" What's your name? I haven't seen you around here before. ", asked Kyuhyun.

 

" Choneun Han Hee Yoong imnida, Kyuhyun sunbaenim. "

 

" Han Hee Yoong, eh? Interesting name. ", said Kyuhyun.  " You know my name? "

 

" Ne. I'm an--an ELF. "

 

" Nice to meet one of our ELFs here. "

 

" Kamsahamnida, sunbaenim. "

 

" Wait, sunbaenim? You're a trainee here? "

 

" Ne. This is my first day. I'm in an upcoming group named 'The Girls Next Door'. "

 

" Cool~ Well, Hee Yoong, on your first day, fighting! ", he cheered as he pumped his fist into the air.

 

" Kamsahamnida, sunbaenim. "

 

" And, Hee Yoong, you don't have to call me sunbaenim. Drop the formalities and call me 'oppa', arasso? "

 

" A--arasso, K--Kyuhyun o--oppa. ", stammered Hee Yoong.

 

" Good girl. ", said Kyuhyun as he patted her head.  " I hope we can be good friends. "

 

" Kyuhyun! It's your turn now! ", shouted one of the crew's photoshoot members.

 

" I've gotta go, Hee Yoong-ah. I'll see you around, arasso? "

 

" Arasso, o--oppa. "

 

Before Kyuhyun left, he gave Hee Yoong a quick peck on her forehead and walked over to have his picture taken. Hee Yoong stood there like a statue, frozen over what Kyuhyun had just done.

She crept out of the photoshoot area quietly and skipped back to her training room happily. Her bias had just become friends with her~!

She thought of herself as a really lucky ELF.

 

*******

 

The day passed quickly and soon, her training ended. She took her bag and exited the room.

As she walked out, she stopped in her tracks. Outside, it was pouring heavily.

 

" Omo! ", thought Hee Yoong.  " Looks like I will have to stay until the rain stops! "

 

Hee Yoong was waiting, but it seemed that the rain was not going to let up even a tiny bit. Giving up, she decided that walking home was her only option.

But just as she was about to leave, someone grabbed her shoulder. She spun around and came face-to-face with Kyuhyun.

 

" Oh! Kyuhyun oppa! "

 

" Hi, Hee Yoong! ", he greeted.  " Where are you going? "

 

" Home. "

 

" But it's raining heavily out there! You could get sick if you walk! You want a lift home? "

 

" Oh, no, no. I--I couldn't. "

 

" I insist. Come on. "

 

Not wanting to disobey her sunbaenim, she followed him to the carpark where a large limosuine was waiting. Kyuhyun knocked on the door and it opened.

He let Hee Yoong get in first before following in after her.

 

" Hey, Kyu, who's this? Your girlfriend? ", joked a man with short, wavy hair.

 

" Heechul hyung, that's not funny. ", said Kyuhyun with a glare.  " This is Hee Yoong, a new trainee. "

 

A bunny-faced boy poked Hee Yoong's cheeks gently.

 

" Aigooo~ Kyu, she's so pretty~ ", cooed the boy.  " Yeppuda~ "

 

Hee Yoong blushed at the remark made by this cute boy. She knew that the bunny-faced boy was Sungmin and the one with short, wavy hair was Heechul.

 

" Wow, maknae, snagged a girl already? ", grinned a man with dimples.

 

The other boys sitting in the car chuckled and poked fun at poor Kyuhyun, who turned beet red.

 

" A--annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenims. Choneun Hee Yoong imnida. ", she greeted as she bowed her head.

 

" Annyeong~! We are Super Juni-OR~! ", chorused the boys together.

 

" Hyungs, she knows us. She's an ELF. ", said Kyuhyun.

 

" Ahh, you're an ELF? ", asked a masculine man.

 

" Ne, Siwon sunbaenim. ", answered Hee Yoong shyly.

 

" So you know all of our names? ", asked a man with his fringe almost hiding his eyes.

 

" Ne, Yesung sunbaenim. "

 

" Aigoooo~ So polite~ ", smiled Leeteuk.  " Please just call us oppas. "

 

" Hyung's asking you to call them oppas as well, so that they don't feel old. ", smirked Kyuhyun cheekily.

 

" MAKNAE!!! ", shouted everyone angrily.

 

Kyuhyun only laughed as Heechul began whacking him across his head. Hee Yoong smiled to herself at these funny boys.

 

" Hee Yoong-ah, who's your bias? ", asked Shindong.

 

The boys looked at her expectantly for an answer, each one hoping that her answer was himself. Hee Yoong looked at Kyuhyun and pointed at him.

 

" Kyuhyun oppa is my bias. ", she said shyly.

 

Kyuhyun smirked in triumph and hugged Hee Yoong, while the others groaned in disappointment.

 

" Haha! Sorry, hyungs, I'm just too good-looking not become her bias~ ", he teased as he stuck his tongue out at his hyungs.

 

" Maknae, do you want to die?! ", threatened Heechul.

 

" Mehrong~ ", said Kyuhyun as he blew raspberries at Heechul.

 

Hee Yoong merely smiled and stayed silent. She looked out the window and asked the driver to stop.

 

" This is my stop. Thak you for the ride home, oppas. ", she said.

 

" Gwenchana. See you tomorrow again, Hee Yoong-ah~! ", said the boys as the limosuine drove off.

 

Hee Yoong waved back and hurried inside. She took a quick shower and flopped herself onto her bed.

 

" Best day ever~ ", she thought before she fell asleep.