Third ♡ (part 1)

"Hueless"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung checked the time once again. It's eleven minutes before 12 noon. He checked himself on the mirror to see if his white sleeved shirt fits him. He also styled his raven black hair like how he usually style it- carefully and perfectly side parted, with extra gel for a firm hold. He also checked if his leather shoes matches his black slacks. Deciding that he looks... presentable, Jinyoung just walked around the living room.

His foot is in a good condition now, not aching and swelling anymore. When he got home last night, like what Mark has suggested, he let his foot rest with an ice bag on it. Now, he can walk normally like the incident didn't happen at all yesterday. Jinyoung was a bit worried actually before he went to bed last night. How he wished the ice bag would do his foot some help and that he would be able to walk just fine by tomorrow. He's glad that he could actually walk properly now without limping. He is not yet sure where Mark is planning to take him today, well aside from the lunch and coffee the painter had mentioned but... who knows what else is in the blonde's mind? 

"Isn't it your job to make me say yes? I would like to see how you will do it?" 

Like, how would he make Mark say yes? And what exactly does the painter expecting that he would and could do? Suddenly his thoughts were disturbed when he heard someone ringing the doorbell. Could it be him? Jinyoung thought. He just gave himself a last look at the mirror before walking towards the door.

When he opened the gate, he was greeted by the sight of the blonde, dressed in a white long sleeved shirt same as what he is wearing, but the older's has black vertical stripes in it, paired with some black fitted jeans and bluish grey topsiders. His strawberry blonde hair is tousled almost looking like it isn't actually styled. Jinyoung is glad that he is dressed in a way not too different from the painter's style. 

"The fact that you were able to walk up to here tells me your foot is already fine?" Mark said, glancing shortly at his foot. When the blonde looked back again at him, Jinyoung nodded.

"But it doesn't mean you're off the hook for what you did last night." He said crossing his arms.

"I did see you as someone who doesn't let go of matters that easily." Mark then looked at his wristwatch. "Anyway, it's aleady five minutes past twelve on my watch. Shouldn't we get going now? Lunch shouldn't be this late."

Jinyoung just closed the gate behind him before following the older to his car. They both got in and wore their seatbelts. As Mark started driving, the older turned to him. "You said you like fried chickens, right?"

 

And so Mark has decided to take him to a restaurant which according to the painter, serves the best fried chicken. When Jinyoung had a taste of the chicken Mark was bragging about, he could only agree. Their chicken does taste good. Jinyoung thinks he will go and visit the restaurant again once he craves for chicken.

They spent the rest of the afternoon, at a small coffee shop where they talked about their work. Mark talked about how he got into abstract painting and Jinyoung talked about how he ended up working as a curator. Their conversation flowed naturally that Jinyoung almost forgot what his job really was- to make Mark say yes. He did recall Mark saying he would like to see him do his job... but it didn't seem like it. At the end of the day, Jinyoung felt like he didn't actually got the chance to do his job properly. They just talked and spent time together. How would that help him to persuade Mark into participating the gala?

When Mark drove him back to the apartment, before getting out of the car, Jinyoung opted to ask. "What was exactly the purpose of our meeting today?" His brows were furrowed as he stared at Mark. "Wasn't I suppose to persuade you into saying yes to my proposal? But I am not really sure what you are expecting me to do. Like, what exactly will make you change your mind?"

"You." The painter's answer made him frown more. "Anyway, thanks for today. You were a great company. I enjoyed my time."

"But wait..." Jinyoung still has his brows furrowed. "Did I change your mind then?"

"Not yet."

"Not yet?" 

"Then what was the purpose of us meeting today?"

Mark shrugged before giving him an answer. "I did learn a few things about you. That's a good start."

A good start to what? Jinyoung wanted to ask but he didn't. He could only sigh. What does he need to do to make the painter say yes? Thinking hard, he asked, "Should we meet tomorrow again, then?"

"Can't do. Sunday is when I get to work on my paintings. I don't want any distractions." Jinyoung just sighed again. "But we could meet during Saturdays."

Jinyoung just nodded. "Okay. I will go ahead th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter