First ♡

"Hueless"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Park Jinyoung."

Jinyoung could only mutter a silent curse when he heard that authoritative voice calling his name. He was currently working on his files when Ms. Jung, his superior and the owner of Jung Art Gallery, the one he's working at for the past three years of his life, called on him.

He heard her tapping her fingers on the backrest of his swivel chair. Muttering another silent curse, Jinyoung turned his head back. "Yes, ma'am?" 

The forty year old business woman exudes power and elegance. "I need you in my office." said his boss with the same expression he finds hard to read. "Now."

As soon as Ms. Jung left his cubicle, Jinyoung was more than quick enough to gather his notepad and mechanical pen. He gave himself a quick scan on his small mirror placed on top of his desk before walking his way to his boss' office.

 

"Take your seat." Ms. Jung said, gesturing for him to sit on the chair adjacent to her table. 

Jinyoung did as he was told, keeping his knees together, placing his hands on top of them. It's not a usual thing- him, getting called to his boss' office, and certainly not by Ms. Jung herself. In his three years working as a curator, he could count with his one hand the times he's been called by his superior. Isn't it enough to make him tensed?

"I realized, I wasn't able to congratulate you properly and personally for the exhibit you've hosted recently." Ms. Jung said, her brow arching a bit. "You've done an excellent job, Jinyoung. Congratulations."

It's a bit late.... okay maybe not a bit but totally late since it happened a month and a half ago, but still... "Thank you, ma'am." Jinyoung said with a polite smile.

He watched as Ms. Jung fixed her glasses, keeping her hands on top of her desk, leaning a bit closer, eyes focused on him. "Being one of my trusted curators here in my empire, I am sure you know about the very important events we hold every year, am I right?" He nodded as a response. "Good. So you've got to be expecting for us to host a Winter Gala by the end of November."

Jinyoung could do nothing much but nod again. He knows about the Winter Gala, and it being the most extravagant event they ever held yet. He always attend the said Gala but never has he been involved in any preparation for it.

Without another word, Ms. Jung handed him a red clear book. A few glances of uncertainty, before Jinyoung moved his hand and opened it. On the first page, he saw a picture of a man, with strawberry blonde hair it's the first thing he noticed. He also couldn't miss out on those chinky eyes shaded warm brown, his narrow and pointed nose, and thin pink lips. How could these not less than perfect features fit on such a small face?

 

Mᴀʀᴋ "Yɪ Eɴ" Tᴜᴀɴ

 

He read the name written below the work of art, err... he meant the picture. Snapping himself out of it, he flipped through the next page. Strikes of colors, blotches of paint, strikes of colors, blotches of paint. Jinyoung felt his brows as they furrowed.

"Mark Tuan is a very well known abstract painter." He heard Ms. Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter