When will I get another Good Night's Sleep?

Definitely the Best Day of My Life

3rd Person Narration.

It was past 1 in the morning and during this serene time, most of the neighbourhood are deep into their slumber, but not for one girl. She has been ruffling her hair as she rolls over back and forth on her bed. She seems restless.

_______________________

Sakura's POV

 

"Why did I do that!?" I was half ashamed and half happy over what happened yesterday. I mean who wouldn't, I just land a date with the girl I've been admiring for quite sometime now, she treated me as if Im the only person in the world and then,... she said My smile makes her warm and happy. I mean my smile! I, Miyawaki Sakura made someone, well not someone but more like my one, happy and warm by my smile. It was as if the butterflies in my stomach won't stop fluttering. I have been grinning like an idiot ever since I came home. I can feel my lips pursing upward towards my ears. My face was burning, yet I feel ecstatic. It was definitely the best day of my life. 

I didn't get enough sleep because I can't keep myself from replaying what I did. I never thought I would have the courage to do such thing, and to all my surprise. I didn't expect to be bold like that towards Chaeyeon. 

As I remember it l, vividly. I slight grin can be seen plastered on my face. It was weird actually. Even Nako and Hii-chan gave me such weirded out looks.

"Kura senpai! you're being weird again!" a cute voice from a small framed girl snapped me out of my trance.

"Kura unnie, have you been playing Apex Legends again until morning, that it made you weirder than usual?" A soft yet teasing exclamation was heard from behind.

"I didn't play yesterday Hii-chan, Im to exhausted to do so." I defended myself. 

The girls just chuckled as we continue to walk towards our practice room. We have a dance session today, and Im here really tired. I was internally cursing myself for not being able to sleep well last night. Also I did forgot that we have a dance session today so that adds up to me cursing myself for not looking up to our schedules.

____________________

We the J-line for some unknown reason manage to be the first to arrive in our practice room. It's kinda weird since most of the time Eunbi unnie or Chaeyeon would be the first here. Well I don't really mind tho. This made me somehow relieved since Im not facing Chaeyeon so early in the morning with my thoughts of last night still lingering. 

Since we were the first to arrive. Nako and Hii-chan just started a bit of stretching, for me I just timidly got myself comfortable sitting at the corner waiting for the others. As we wait for them, my eyes suddenly felt the weight of the consequences for what I did last night. I felt so drained. My shoulders are slouching infornt of me and Im starting to rest my back comfortably on the wall. I started to lean my head towards my knees that is bended near my chest. As I did this my eyes started to feel heavier. Im so sleepy, but I need to fight this. We have a schedule to catch up to and I don't want to be a burden. I fought with the weights on my eyes, but my stubborn self is saying onto my head that it's time to say goodnight. I was about to fall into slumber when a hand suddenly touched my shoulders.

I don't know why, but the hand feels so familiar and warm. 

Then suddenly, the butterflies in my stomach started another frenzy. They are all around. My knees started to wiggle as if they are like some soft served ice cream, my throat suddenly felt the need for water and suddenly my sweat turned cold. I was feeling nervous all of a sudden.

Because of the surge of emotions I am feeling, I exhaled in a loud manner to lessen my nervousness, then I looked up to the person who had her hand still on my shoulder. 

As my pupils adjust to the lights of the room. I saw an angel. My nervousness started to shoot up and my heart started to pound as if I was running a marathon. My face started to heat up. I was blushing!

As I started to look away. I see from my peripheral the other members staring at us. Some with a worried look and some with a teasing and menacing smirk, namely Yena and Yujin.

The other members are already here. My guts started to tangle with one another because of embarrassment. My blush from being nervous turns to a blush of embarrassment.

"Saku-chan are you alright? You're really red right now, Are you not feeling well?" Chaeyeon with a calm and soothing voice asked me.

I looked around and saw the other members anticipating an answer from me. I immediately fixed my messed up self and sit up straight while answering Chaeyeon that Im perfectly fine. She then smiled at me again, and again my heart almost leaped out of my rib cage. I just can't seem to keep calm when she flashes those smile on me. It's burning me in a way that is soothing and warm. 

We started practice as soon as our choreographer steps inside the practice room. In the middle of practice I can sense that my body is slowly becoming heavy for some unexplainable reason. I shrugged it off thinking it was bacuse Im slowly getting tired of the new choreo were taking up. A few minutes of loud music and stomps, I found my sight starting to fade, and  a sudden black out came. 

__________________

I woke up in an unfamiliar place with only the sound of the AC being heard. It was so silent that I almost thought I might be dead, but as I surveyed the room with my orbs. I saw a familiar face sleeping at the side of my bed holding my hand. My heart started to race again but it's calmer than before. I found myself smiling as she flinch her cute nose while sleeping.

"Aren't you cute." I said leisurely under my breaths while slowly caressing her fluffy cheeks. She's really the most beautiful being I've ever seen. Her cute nose, her white skin, her fluffy cheeks, her eyes as brown as hazelnuts and her soft lips. I stopped at the thought of her lips and wondered how it would feel if hers touched mine. Suddenly a barrage of emotion started to fill my body.

"What the hell are you thinking Sakura!, you can't do that!" I suddenly raised my voice while talking to myself that I forgot their is an angel sleeping next to me. I stopped my mini tantrums when I felt someone caressing my hand.

"Saku-chan!, your awake. Are you feeling better now?" She asked me in a worried tone making my heart a little bit torn, because I made her worry.

"Yes, Jjayeon. Im fine now. Sorry I made everyone worried." I replied to her with my head hanged down. 

She smiled at me and shook her head. She assured me that I didn't need to be sorry. After that she suddenly turned to me with a serious look. I froze at the sight, it send shivers down my spine. I was having a lot of thoughts like. Is she going to slap the hell out of me?, is she going to make me not play fortnite or Apex legend for a week? Or worst! Is she going to confiscate my switch!. I was panicking inside. I don't know how to react. She's always been calm and bubbly towards me, so seeing her this serious makes me shiver. 

I calmed myself down and exhaled. Before I could even utter a word she just suddenly hugged me out of the blue. My brain suddenly out. I think it had malfunctioned. 

She then detached herself from the hug and faced me again.

" How many times do I have to tell you to take good care of yourself. The doctor said you collapsed because of lack of sleep. What have you been doing?"

I was dumb founded she had the expression earlier that she's not that worried. But all of a sudden she's spewing this. 

"Chae, I know you are worried but I didn't know you were THIS worried. Im really sorry. I just can't seem to sleep last night. I was rolling from one edge of my bed to the other but it was no use, and again Im really sorry for worrying you"

Yet again, I hanged my head with a very gloomy expression. I was really sorry for my carelessness.

A few minutes had passed and again silence wraps the room. It was a little deafening and Im not used to this. 

I sighed loudly. Then suddenly I heard a chuckle. She's chuckling. Again I was dumb founded. I looked at her questioning. We met gazes then she suddenly let out her contagious laugh. I was really dumb founded at the moment.

" You should have seen your face Saku-chan. The drama was worth it! " As she let those words escape I suddenly felt embarrassed.

"Yah! Lee Chaeyeon! That's so NG! How could you!." I pouted as she continued her laughs. I begin to sulk. She took notice of that and suddenly she pulled me into a hug.

"I was just joking Saku-chan. Im sorry" 

Those words alone made my heart race again, and feeling her warmth against my body adds up to my growing tension. Again for the Nth time my sweats grew cold and my stomach is filled with flying creatures. 

I just sighed and smile through the moment. Even if my stomach is unsettling, or even if my sweats are cold. I for a fact still wanted this moment.

"Saku-chan, you know earlier." I heard her mumble "I wasn't totally asleep so I heard you say I was cute" She suddenly detached her hug again and smirked at me. I was flustered. 

"B-but I-i-it's TRUE!" I was stuttering like a kid. She just giggled and caressed my cheeks. I can feel my insides turning. As she slowly plaster a smile on her face she came closer and whispered.

"Also you perhaps didn't realize it but you spoke your mind out earlier."

She, now with a smirk on her face looked at me. I was puzzled. I was questioning myself what I was thinking earlier. After some deep thoughts. I gasped. My jaw was left opened and I was in a state of mental shut down. I was thinking to myself. Nooooo, this can't be. I felt so embarrassed. 

"I-I-I was j-just jok-king!" I replied in a state of panic.

She then smiled at me. 

Then suddenly. 

I felt something warm and soft landed on my lips. It was blissful and exciting. It was sweet and loving even if it was just a second. I was left speechless. I didn't expect something like that.

As our lips parted she looked at me with a flustered face and said. "That's for last night." after saying that she immediately run out of the room and screamed.

"See you tomorrow Saku-chan!"

I was left their blushing furiously looking at my hands thinking. 

When will I be able to get another good night's sleep!?