Cold and Afraid (KANGBI)

Felling The Cold

Eunbi was feeling sick she couldnt get over the sick feeling. Ever since she woke up this morining, her head ached and her stomach felt like it was being pulled in every direction. She got up under her bunk bed she shared with her other memebers. She sat up in her bed even just moving to sit up made her feel nauseous. She closed hers eyes leting the nauseous feleling pass.

Her head still hurt when she finally got up from her bed. She noticed how the bunk beds next to her were still contiaining her memebers. She usaully was the first to wake up, as their leader she need to show her strength and be their example. She always tried to keep her strong image around. the others. She need to be Izones leader even if she woke up like this every morning. 

Eunbi couldnt explain why she felt like this, but if she was being honest with herself she was nerovus. Eevn though this was her dream, to be apart of a successful kpop group, she was happy when she was named to be apart of izone ith girls she loved, and when she was given the leadership possesion of the gorup she was so grateful. But that resposibilty did make Eunbi nervous, although they have been successful, winning many awards and having a very amazing fanbase, she still felt nervous every monring of everyday. 

But today was worse, she felt the same as she always did but she alos felt herslef getting a cold. Her nose was blocked and her thorught felt dry. Eunbi walked over to the kitchen in their dorm to get her drink she has every morning. She kept a secret from her other members, she had a secret pack of pills which calmed down her adrenaline, she had to take these pills since she was young, it calmed down the symptons she felt when she was nervous. This was becuase when ever she is nerous like this morning, her adrenaline increase to much that the symptons become uncontrollable.

Before when she didnt have the pills she would have been sick as sson as she woke up, but she needed to keep  a strong leadership image, she coudlnt allow them to her this weak. She didnt mind being clumsy or making a fool of herself infront of her members, but she always feared being like this infront the others. So every morning she would wak up earlier than everyone else, calm her nervs and take the pills to calm her physical symptons.

She swallowed down the pills, she finally let out a shaky breathe, Eunbi sat by the table for few minutes just lettting ht epills take effect, she felt her stomach calm down but her head ache still remained. Eunbi then suddenly coughed violently, she covered her motuh attmpting to stop the germs spreading adn trying to keep the noise down. Eunbi groaned and went back to her room. 

She saw that the others wene not awake yet. Even in the dark of the early morning Eunbi was able to find her bag. Which held her mask, which she put on and quietly went back into her bed. She sat with her back aginst her pillows as she went on her phone. She saw that it was nearly 6:00, She sighed, she would have to wake the others soon. However she finally was able to relax and she couldnt control her eeys slwoly shutting and falling back to sleep. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyewon slowly woke up atop her bunk bed she shared with Eunbi who slept under her, she looked around her to see the light of the sunrise shine through the windows. She stretched her arms over her head. She smiled. But her smield feel when she relised it wasnt Eunbi who woke her up like it she did every morning. Hyewon began to worry. She quickly climed down her bed and walked to the kitchen.

No sign of her, but she noticed a glass was left on the table and something that looked like pills. She walked over to the table and saw that Eunbis drink was left in the galss, Hyewon slowly picked up the pills and read that they were anti-anxiety pills. 

Hyewons eyebrows knitted together as her concern grew. She then went back to her room and to her suprise she saw Eunbi asleep on her bed, she looked like she was sweating even though she had no covers over her. Hyewon smiled at her leader, she found it cute how she slept wit he rmouth wide open. 

Hyewon wlaked over to the sleeping girl and put her hand on her head she fel tthat she had a fever. 'she must have a cold" Hyewon thought as she what appered to be Eunbis mask aorund her hand. 'she must of subconsciously taken it off' Hyewon moved away form the girl to leave her rest. 

"Right" Hyewon muttered to herself. She saw the time and knew she needed to wake the others up instead of Eunbi. But before she did Hyewon put the pills she found in her pocket. She walked out her shared room to Yujin and Minjoos room. She knocked three tiems but heared no response. 

She then opened the door to see teh tow girls sleeping together in the same bed. Hyewon smikred when she saw Yujin wrapped around in Minjoos arm. 'Thats quite the opposite form when they are awake.' Hyewon smirk when she saw the two, When they are awake it is usually Yujin who is very confident, whilst Minjoos is shy and quite. But the image she saw infront of her showed that Yujin was 'really' her self around Minjoo. 

Hyewon flet slightly envious of the two, she wished she could be that confortable around a speical someone. She was fine with her other members but she still feel slightly shy around the others. 

Hyewon stepped closer to the two girls and gave a fake loud cough waking up Minjoo who looked around and glared at Hyewon though her sleepy eyes "w...what" Minjoo muttered

"Its time to get up" Hyewon siad walking away but stopped at the door "Ill let you wake your sweetheart up" Hyewon smikred at Minjoo blushed face as she looked at the peacfully sleeping Yujin. "Ok" Minjoo said. Hyewon gave a smile which minjo returned.

Hyewon then went back to her room to wake up Yena and Chaewon. When she reentered her room she saw Eunbi was still asleep. She saw in the other bunk beds that Yena had some how flipped aorund in her sleep facign the opposite way in the bed. Hyewon laughed ot herself as she shaked Yena awake. 

"hmmm five more minutes please eunbi" Yena siad her lips pouting looking like a duck. 

"no wake up" Hyewon siad in her stern voice shaking Yena again.

"wha..what where's Eunbi?" Yena asked sitting up. 

"Shes not feeling well so please wake and stay quiet and make sure Yujin and Minjoo are properly awake. 

"ok" Yena muttered waking up leaving th eroom.

Hyewon then climbed up to wake up Chaewon but stopped when she noticed Chaewon smile in her sleep. Hyewon noticed how she was pinching the plushie she was holding. "tomi...tomi..." She muttered in a sleepy tone. 

'ohh interesting' Hyewon thought as she watched the red head pinch the plushies cheeks. 

"Chaewon" Hyewon said calmly waking her up smoothly.

"hmmm Hitomi?" Chaewon aksed still in he rsleeping state. 

"No its Hyewon" 

Chaewon slowly opened her eeys smieling at the igrl. 

"Oh morning" 

"Morning" 

"hmm" chaewon groaned as she sat up.

"wheres Eunbi?" 

"Asleep shes nto feeling well" 

"thats nice of you waking us up for her."

"yeah" she replied blsuhing slightly but to hide it she smirked at Chaewon.  "But not as nice as the dream you were having" 

Chaewon eeys widened and she too blushed. "Ww...what do you mean?" 

"well i think you should tell 'Tomi' huh?" Hyewon said increasing Chaewons blush. 

"i dont know what you mean."

"Whatever" Hyewon said gettng down from the top bunk leaving a blushing Chaewon to calm herself down.

"hey how come you wake up Chaewon nicely but wake me up with an earthquake." Yena accused returning back into the room. 

"Chaewon doesnt annoy me"Hyewon said jokingly. Yena stuck her tounge out at Hyewon who just pinched her lips together. Yena wailed around aksing her to let go. Hyewon stopped when she heard Eunbi groan in her sleep. She let go of Yena and chaewon got down form her bed. 

"Oh she really is sick isnt she" Chaewon said concerned. 

"Yes we shoud let her sleep. Come on" Hyewon siad taking the girls out otf the room to let their leader sleep. 

Hyewon and the other walked into the living room to see Yujin and Minjoo sitting there watching the tv. Yujin was sitll sleepy

"How Eunbi ?"Minjoo asked worried

"She just needs some sleep ill check on her in a bit" Hyewon said putting her hands in her pocket. She also wanted to talk to Eunbi about the pills. 

"Ill call Yuri and let the others know about Eunbi?" Yena said picking up the phone. "Chaeyeon may cook somehting to help."

At the mention of food Yujin woke up fully "food?" She aske dlooking around the others. They laughed at her expression.Hyewon smiled but looked towards her room where Eunbi sleeps. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Eunbi slowly sterred her eyes feeling heavy, her headache was still pounding. She slowly opened her eyes, seeing the sunlight through her sleepy eyes made her instantly wake up, her eyes widened and she sat up. However she felt soemthing scratch its way up her neck. She then violently coughed she arched over her legs, she covered with her hands. Her eyes lids lowered once th ecougthing stop. she fle ttehr mouth was dry but her nose was blocked. She let out a short breathe throught her mouth.

Eunbi saw that the bedroom door slowly opened to see Hyewon holding a glass of water one hand and medicene in the ither. Eunbi smiled at her. 

"Hye..hyewon...." EUnbi ngena but sotpped when she coughed again. 

"Shhh take this" Hyewon instructed giving her a tea spoon of medicene, Eunbi took the spoon in he rmouth blushing a little as she looked into Hyewons eyes. Hyewon smiled at her and handed Eunbi the glass of water. "Drink" Hyewon said in a stern voice.

"last time....i was the unnie and the leader" Eunbi said in a teasing tone. 

"Well you are ill and i know you need help." Hyewon said pulling something out of her pocket and chucking it on Eunbi's lap.

Eunbi saw her pills infront of her, she looked back and forth at Hyewon, She looked down at the pills when she asked. 

"Do the others know?"

"no i found myself this morning" Hyewon explained Eunbi sighed in relief.

"Can you please tell me why?" Hyewon asked taking a hold of Eunbis shaking hand. 

"umm...well...since i was little,.... ive been suffering from anxiety, i suffer from anxiety symptons like headaches and feeling sick. My doctor told me my adrenaline goes over the top and thats why my pysical symptons are bad...but the pills calm them down.....however i still feel the mental problem." 

Hyewon nodded as Eunbi finished explaining. "But i wake up in panic most morning" Eunbi said a tear in her eyes. "i fear that ima terrible leader and everyone will balem me if we fail and i felel like i fail all the time...i...i.." Eunbi couhed again. Hyewon gave the girl a small smile and moved to sit next to her on the bed.

"listen to me. You have nothing to worry about, we all love you as a leader, You help keep these bunch of crazy idots together. Even when we may fail. It would never be your fault. Even though you the leader of Izone, the group isnt just your responabilty,we are all Izone."

Eunbi smiled at Hyewon who returned th esmile. "Besides i wouldnt want anyone else to be my leader." Hyewon finished. 

"Could you imagine if Yena or Yujin was the leader." 

They both luaghed at the chaos Izone couldve been. 

"So please dont take all the stress by yourself atleast talk to me, i may be able to help or even if you just want to vent i will listen to you."

"Thank you" Eunbi said leaning her head on Hyewons shoulder. Who leaned onto Eunbis head.

"Eunbi i really do admire you, you are an amazing woman, your really inspire me to be better. i ...i ..do love you..." Hyewon blushed as she finally confessed her feelings. "Eunbi....." Hyewon looked down to see Eunbi had fallen asleep again she saw the girl snore.

Hyewon sighed and looked up again. "I'll tell you again one day and hoepfully you will return my feelings"

Eunbi smiled in her sleep 

' i do '

-----------------------------------------

A/N-

A one shot about one of my OTPs Kangbi, and since there isnt much fanfics about them i thought i would write a one shot. 

Thanks for reading and check out my other IZONE fanfics