Chapter 3

Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyeon never dreams of becoming a journalist because she's always dreamt of being a lawyer ever since she's a kid. Seeing both her parents nailing their career as lawyers, make her wanted to be as amazing as them. But that was until she realized that despite both of them being amazing lawyers, they still left her and her brother alone, in this cruel world. Her mother killed herself upon the news of her father being charged as a murderer when what he did was only trying to console his client who's about to kill herself. Sooyeon was there when she saw her mother drowned herself in their villa's pool after slitting her wrist. Her mother was her father's lawyer, she sarificed her sleep, looking for evidences to proof that her beloved husband was not the one who murdered the woman. Fate has it that in the end, her father was still charged as a murdere and her mother did not only lose her case, but she loses the love of her life. She was badly drunk after the final trial, the last thing she said to Sooyeon was a series of apologies. 

The day Sehun broke up with her was a day after her father's death penalty and a week after her mother's suicide. She loves him a lot, thinking that she could rely on him when she's lost everything. But he still chooses to leave her. Sooyeon is not the type to beg for someone to stay with her, she knows at the end, they will probably leave her but she did not expect Sehun to do that. After the accident that almost costs her life, she's awake after a year of coma with the sight of a stranger looking at her with a smile on his face. He reminds her of her father that she cries and hugs him minutes after. He patted her back, whispering encouraging words to her ear. He then introduced himself as Uncle Kim, her father's best friend. She never heard about him from her late father but since he was the one who looks after her brother when she's still unconscious, she decided to believe him and starts getting closer and comfortable around him. He's a busy man but he always manage to make time for Sooyeon and her brother, Dongsoo. Dongsoo is 5 years younger than Sooyeon but he acts like he's her older brother most of the times which pissed Sooyeon's off. 

The reason why she's a journalist is because she wanted to clear her father's name. She wanted the world to know that Park Eunsoo is not a murderer. Being a journalist means that she can convince people with her evidences by posting her posts and she believes that with that, the police will eventually decide to open her father's case back and start doing a proper investigation. Even though she barely managed to get any eveidence even after years of investagation, she will never gives up until the truth is revealed.

 "Psst, crazy Soo, I heard that Oh Corporation is having a press conference this evening. They back out from the programme and I heard that this is all because of their new president." Minjung, Sooyeon's comrade whispers to her ear and upon hearing that, she loses her concentration during the meeting. She closed her notebook, raised her hand and before her boss manages to give her the permission to speak, she stands up, "Boss, can I dismiss myself because I have a press conference to attend." Mr. Hwang, her boss tossed his pen on the table and sighs, "Crazy Soo, I'm still not done here. Can you please sit and behave like you're my employee not the other way around."  Sooyeon lets out her breathe, instead of taking her seat on her chair, she confidently sits on the table and starts smiling towards her boss who's gritting his teeth. Her colleagues laugh seeing their boss's reaction and Sooyeon's resting face. "You ask me to sit aren't you?" Mr. Hwang nods, "Fine. Crazy Soo you're dismissed." 

Sooyeon smiles and starts taking her notebook with her, but before she walks out of the meeting room, she turns around, "but boss, I need Minjung and Dongwoo to help me. So please dismiss them as well." Sooyeon said with her puppy eyes. Mr. Hwang let out another sighs, "go, just go." The three of them left the meeting room and that's when Mr. Hwang realized that he only has five employees and since three of his employees has been dismissed, he was left with only two. He shakes his head and sighs, again. "Just go as well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter