Chap. 3

My Heart's Obsession

After the party began to die down Chul came and suggested karaoke as the last party favor to the guests. Excitement burst through the entire crowd so of course I couldn’t deny them the entertainment. I went and brought out the spare karaoke machine I kept in the media room. While setting everything up I couldn’t help but to sneak a peek at the birthday boy to see him with the warmest smile on his face. He began to walk towards me to grab a microphone when I stopped him in his tracks.

“No no, not yet. I have a special surprise I’ve prepared just for your day, so for now you sit and just enjoy,” I said. A confused look went across his face but he sat down anyway, full of curiousity. Little did he know, part of my special birthday gift? A song I wrote just for him. Hae stood up and brought the flash drive over to the system and nodded as he went back to his seat. That’s when the nerves really hit. What if I screw up? I’d worked on this song for him for the last few months without his knowing. It was too late to worry about that now so I gathered up the last bit of courage I had as the song began.

Shock was spread across Hyuk’s face as I began to sing. The entire party was in awe with each note. I continued to sing my heart out while looking at my other half. I was full of fear but with him there I felt like I could do anything. When the song finished, cheers and applause filled the party. My friends screamed for me for finally getting it all off my chest as I annoyed them every day with if it would all go well. Hyuk walked towards me and held my face. His eyes were full of love which is the reaction I was hoping I would receive. He kissed my forehead and softly spoke “I love you” that brought tears to my eyes. For that one moment, everything was perfect.