Chap. 2

My Heart's Obsession

As the sun began to set, all of our friends started to show up. Everything was perfect. I decided to go out and mingle. I ran into Have who brought one of Hyuk's favorite drinks and a gift bag. Teuk had brought a meal he made for everyone. I giggled as he teetered himself towards the kitchen.

 

  I decided to venture around. Chul was entertaining other guests and Yesung was busy mingling as well. I noticed he brought his camera which made me guess he would be taking photos for memories. When they aren't bickering those two really did care for each other.

 

~

 

  Just then, a message came through on my cell. Shin was down the block with the birthday boy and they were on the way. I could feel my excitement just oozing through my fingers. I almost ran as I headed for the door. After a bit I open the door to my love walking up the stairs with his suitcase and shopping bags. As he looked up, that huge smile I fell in love with was plastered on his face.

 

  I jumped into his arms and he made a joking snort sound as he dropped his bags. “Wow babe I've only been gone a day did you miss me that much?!” I pouted and punched his chest and he smiled, held my face with his free hand and softly kissed me. I'll let him win for now...I could never resist his soft kisses. This one though..it seemed different. I could feel him pull me a little closer.

 

  I was so dazed into the kiss I didn't even notice him nibble a but which snapped me back to reality. An unknown giggle left my lips and I heard him giggle too. I didn't notice that he had put me down and pulled me so close to him.

 

 As Hyuk broke the kiss I looked up to him staring down at me. His stare was so intense it made my legs wobble a bit. He then went back to his goofy self and picked up his bags walking towards the door. He stopped behind me and whispered in my ear.

“You look amazing today by the way. I've missed you~.” I watched him disappear into the bedroom. He really knew how to weaken my senses I was sure it was like some superpower.

As I made my way back to the party after collecting my senses, it seems as though everyone was still enjoying themselves. I just couldn't seem to stop daydreaming about that kiss that just happened. It wasn't until Chul flicked my forehead that I remembered where I was.

“Hey, are you bored? Is my entertainment not good or are you just stuck inside your head again?” he giggled. I was in and out for a bit. “HELLOOOOOO?” he spoke up. I snapped out of it and laughed apologising to him as I followed him and his little sister back into the crowd.

 

  A low ouch cane from him when his sister smacked him across the head. You could definitely tell they were siblings. As everyone continued to chat and hang out Shin came to me. He explained that ‘the mouse had flown the nest’ meaning he was finally dressed. I notioned for Teuk to prepare to bring out the cake.


  In the distance I could hear Hyuk chit chatting so I turned to see him picking at Yesung already. “Wow even today you're bothering me like this? You little punk!” he whined. Hearing my love's laughter through all of the whines and curse words as Yesung went after him, my heart fluttered. Right before my mind could drift off. Teuk and Hae made it outside with the cake singing Happy Birthday. All I could see was his smile as he breathed in and blew out the candles.