Have you ever seen anything? - Red

Rainbow Above Your Head

​​​​​Hitomi has already seen a lot of things in her life until she joined Produce 48. She thought her eyes are playing tricks on her but somehow she can see a hue, a shade, and a flare of colors on her rival's head. It was none other than Woolim's trainee, Kim Chaewon.

 

She's a dancer and a vocalist as what was written in her profile. Hitomi's first impression of her was that she looked like an angel, a fairy and a pixie. She also thought that the girl is quite cold despite her look but it turned out that she's just shy.

 

Now, the Produce 48 has ended and she already made her second debut in Korea in late 2018 in a group called IZ*ONE with another 11 members.

 

However, she did not tell anyone about her secret. 

 

She had a thought that maybe, just maybe, that she's her soulmate... like the soulmate myth when you've found your other half with your own color, time countdown, sandglass and tattoo... but the thing is Hitomi does not know her own color because her favorite color is almost every color and it changes depending on her moods.

 

Anyways, she always anticipates to see what kind of color Chaewon will show her whenever she dances.

 

Today was one of the day too.

 

Except, it was late in the middle of night.

 

Hitomi cannot asleep knowing the older girl was missing from her bed. 

 

Her dance companions, Chaeyeon and Minju were already back a few minutes ago... and her, even a shadow did not appear under a light.

 

She got up and went to Minju, "Where's Chaewon-unnie?"

 

Minju just shook her head and replied with a sigh to the Japanese girl.

 

"She's still dancing and I don't know what's getting into her."

 

"I'll go check on her." Hitomi said as she put on her shoes and headed towards the door.

 

"Don't forget to be back before 1:00 a.m." The rapper said again and slipped under her blanket.

 

"Arasseo," she answered in Korean and read her watch, 12:40 a.m. She had twenty-minutes left before the night curfew ended.

 

"What's going on actually?" Hitomi talked to herself. She walked in fast steps to the practice room. As soon as she reached the room, she opened the door and was greeted by a loud music.

 

For the first time in forever, she saw a scary color on her head.

 

Hitomi gulped and stood behind her. She knew she can see her in the mirror but...

 

"Chaewon-unnie!"

 

...the ginger pretended to not see or even hear her.

 

Hitomi called her out loud again, "Chaewon-unnie," and Chaewon just kept dancing harder and harder.

 

It's swallowed up in the dark dark dark 

 

The music went on and Hitomi really wanted to stop it so she can knock some senses into her. She looked to the audio room behind her and thought that Chaewon probably had the audio key room.

 

"Unnie! Neo kwenchana?" 

 

She asked again as she watched her dancing form from the head to toe. It was crazy. The dance was crazy like a you've lost a part of yourself.

 

You are swallowed up that love that hate that past that pain

 

She listened to the agonizing English words as she watched the color above her head where she assumed that the red color was changing according to the music frequency.

 

and you know yourself yourself

 

"Mwohani jigeum, what're you doing now?" She asked again with concern.  "Is she angry at someone or what?"

 

I found between 0 and 1

 

"Don't be mad, Chaewon-unnie."

 

The ginger was not able to listen to her words anymore because she already lost herself into her freestyle dancing.


That's my name it's lost in everything
 

"Chaewon-ah," she called her out calmly now.

 

But you know

 

She tried again, "Do you have a stressful day?" and that was the final string that she made her snap.


You understand my feeling-ing-i-i-i-ing-ing

 

Chaewon screamed loudly into her reflection on the dance mirror, "Yes! I do! I was stress! I was STRESSED OUT! And I'm still!" She held her head and stomped her feets, trying to figure out her next moves.

 

I said it's not that I need you but you need me because I need you 

 

"Waeyo? Is something bothering you? If that's so, let me comfort you." Hitomi came near the frustrated ginger and pulled her hands into her embrace.

 

It's swallowed up in the dark dark dark 

 

"No! Let me do it on my own way!" She pushed Hitomi's hands away and danced again. The Japanese observed her clothes and finally spotted the key inside her pocket. She snatched it and unlocked the audio room to stop the music.

 

Her color immediately turned dim and vanished into the air. (Hitman Reborn Sawada Tsuna Flame reference)

 

"You can always speak your problems with me and all of us, Chaewon-ah." Hitomi properly conversed with her.

 

"I... I can't..."

 

"Why is that?" She kneeled beside her.

 

Chaewon now was sitting on the floor, hugging her knees.

 

"It's childish 'cuz I don't want to be separated from you." She confessed what's bottling inside her.

 

"Ah..." Hitomi understood her words and her sad tone. She cannot see her glistening eyes and kept on rubbing her back.

 

"I hate the fact we'll be in different place, different country and different shoes. Neomu shiro!" She protested like a little child.

 

"You may see how I'm doing fine now but not... not once we disband." Her voice cracked and she laughed bitterly.

 

"Our time is shortening and I don't even want to think about it... but I also can't ignore it." Tears finally left her eyes and fell on the floor.

 

"You know we can always contact each other and make video call."

 

"It's not the same, Hii-chan." She lifted her head up and wiped her tears with her sleeve.

 

Hitomi rubbed her back slowly as Chaewon began to calm down.

 

"I'm going to miss you, Hii-chan."

 

"Ahh, ajik aniya..." she cupped Chaewon and stared deep into her eyes.

 

"Soba ni iru kara, because I'm by your side."

 

She hugged her in the middle of the room.

 

"Let's go back unnie."

 

She turned off the lamp.

 

Once they were back inside the dorm, Chaewon asked Hitomi to sleep with her.

 

Hitomi complied and joined her in the bed. She lulled a lullaby for her and they cuddled into sleep until morning arrived.

 

Song: elbadaernu by EGOIST