Hold on me

S'Agapo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun texted Myungsoo before getting on his connecting flight to pick him up at the airport. He learned from the motel front desk that she had left early in the morning paying for accommodation with no ing note.

He was exasperated and whacked from all that happened and the long flight.

“Well you look miserable, did you drink up all the possible beer on that island?” myungsoo mocked looking at a gloomy woohyun.

The car ride to Woohyun’s apartment was surprisingly very quiet which made myungsoo shift more than once in his seat while driving since he was used to Woohyun’s verbal diarrhea. He would always be gabbing at some nonsense or the other, looking at him definitely ticked the box that something was wrong.

Woohyun stared at Seoul’s landscape while they drove, leaning on the door looking at the sunset which reminded him of the previous sunset and the concerning events. He knew he would be subject to suspicions if he stayed awake and not speak so he pretended to be sleeping until they reached his house.

He thanked Myungsoo before getting inside, again gaining a tilt from his best friend who eyed him as he got his luggage out of his car’s trunk and walked up to his door with slouched shoulders.

“Woohyun” myungsoo called out to him making him turn,

“You alright there man?” he questioned him with worry trailing along the lines.

He nodded weakly, “Must be the Jet lag” he reasoned.

Myungsoo didn’t want to push it so he just consented to it and drove away.

-

A week later…

Myungsoo went to visit woohyun’s studio since he was finished with his photoshoot earlier than he thought, he was greeted with woohyun’s producer colleague. She sat on the couch with her head in her hand.

“Hey” myungsoo spoke in a low tone since he felt something weird in the atmosphere.

“Myungsoo” she sighed deeply before sinking back, her worry lines on her forehead were prominent.

“Where is he?”

“You tell me that. Where is the actual Nam woohyun? Let me tell you what has been happening lately. He’s literally camping in one of the tiny cramped practice rooms in the basement. The other day we ordered in some fast food, he literally got possessed when he saw the onion rings. He even has coffee with five spoons of sugar cubes. Yes you heard it right, the best friend you knew who hated sugar cubes was seen like that. His manager is extremely worried; he just won’t listen to anybody. He’s a walking hazard now”

There was a sharp noise of an electric guitar being played making the two of them hold their hands to the ears covering themselves from that horrible sound someone was producing from it.

“And that, the most frustrating thing of all those I just told you. Thank the gods this is a sound proofed studio or else he would have gotten fired. He starts playing those horrible sounds out of the blue and if you try to stop him, he increases the volume every time you ignite his anger”

“His manager literally was about to walk on him yesterday, I had to convince to give him time. Can you really do something before things get any worse?” she pleaded looking at myungsoo.

Myungsoo walked in furious plugging out the guitar to face a primitive looking woohyun with his disheveled appearance and not to forget that unpleasant stubble hiding his face.

In one swift he pinned woohyun to the ground and sat on top of him, grabbing his collar, “I am not waiting anymore for you tell me what the is wrong with you? Did something happen when you travelled back or in Mykonos?” he said the last word a bit slowly when woohyun closed his eyes at the mention of it and nodded.

“I met a girl” woohyun choked so myungsoo let him go and dragged him to sit on the chair and closing the band door. He was met with silence after those four words woohyun spoke.

“Well that doesn’t quite justify why you have been acting like this, I need to know what exactly happened”

“We fell in love, married and she dumped me happened”

Myungsoo froze with only both their breaths being echoed in that small dark room, Woohyun rubbed his face with his hand biting his lips to hold back the tears threatening to fall.

“What do you mean she dumped you? And please don’t tell me you are married legally?”

“She was gone when I woke up next morning and it wasn’t legal”

Myungsoo let out a relieved sigh after the last few words, “So you are just going to act maddened and freak everybody around you because of some girl who thought it as a one night stand and moved on”

Woohyun glared at him and got up to leave the room. Myungsoo stretched out his leg to make him trip and not leave. Woohyun turned and stayed laid down looking at the ceiling.

“This was different, she never gestured anything along the line of what you said” he choked again, “We made love” a tear trickled its way down his cheek thinking of that night.

Myungsoo groaned, “I am not interested in your life, please don’t go into details” he leaned back.

“Why don’t you go find her?”

“How?”

“Well for starters, you can get your on a plane to where ever she lives; if you were married for 24 hours you must at least know where she lives”

“London” woohyun exhaled

“Ooh a brit lady, you really raised your standards Nam woohyun” he snickered kicking him lightly

“What if she doesn’t want me to see me again?”

“Well you can consider yourself on another trip around London and go sightseeing if she denies meeting you.”

“Shut up myungsoo and help me up”

-

Myungsoo walked into woohyun’s apartment holding onto a few papers with sungyeol on his toes picking out the threads sticking out on his sweater. 

“I’m only doing this to you because you got sungyeol that entire stuff he asked for from Mykonos” he smiled asking sungyeol to wait in car before they left for their movie date.

“Thanks for the extra oil even though I’m not one anymore thank to your best friend” Sungyeol threw in yet another one of his inappropriate comments. Myungsoo growled which made his steps faster to reach the door.

“You do owe me one for ripping off all the duty free shop labels before giving it to him” he whispered while looking back to see if his boyfriend was out of sight.

Woohyun looked through the small paper file myungsoo gave him, It had numbers with directions to places written in both English and Korean, and a ticket to London attached in the last.

“Are you sure about this?” woohyun questioned

Myungsoo deep sighed before sitting on the arm of the recliner, “Remember during college when I went berserk convincing sungyeol that just because he watches doesn’t mean he was bound to be straight. It took me persistent amount of time to actually make him reciprocate what I felt; with how volatile and temperamental he was I sure deserved a noble prize to get him to date me”

Though woohyun scrunched his nose, he knew what myungsoo went through for he could do nothing but cheer his best friend who looked like a fallen warrior every time sungyeol rejected him. He was equally stubborn and in the long run won the battle.

“All I’m trying to say is, you should give it a go. And if it really doesn’t work in the end, touchwood it does. You can at least walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter