That person

S'Agapo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yassou” screeched woohyun hello in Greek into his camera while filming himself getting down from the flight and onto to the arrivals entry. Greece was one his dream destinations on his bucket list and finally everything fell into place for him to make this trip happen.

Mykonos, the most famous island of Greece was awaiting him to step on to its golden beach sand with the sunlight hovering over it making the sand shine like a thousand tiny jewels. Taking a solo trip after six months of working his off for his recent album definitely was going to be fruitful.

He just couldn’t wait to get into his beach shorts and fall asleep on the beach with healing sounds of waves crashing with the smell of sea and of course a cold beer.

Instead of hailing a taxi, he thought of walking up to his dorm passing through the streets decked up with beautiful houses and garden screaming rich vibrant colors.

Finally reaching there, he was showed to his room which he would be sharing with three other people. His best friend myungsoo recommended him to try out a bed-breakfast kinda place for a solo trip since he had gone to many for his photography spree and said it would be a really good experience to meet strangers and get to know them. He specifically added “For a social butterfly like you, this would be paradise”. Sungyeol, myungsoo’s boyfriend smirked saying “Social butterfly is just a snazzy way of saying " for which they bickered for an hour before myungsoo had to drag them apart and leave woohyun’s apartment with sungyeol before somebody got killed.

He mentally reminded himself to text myungsoo later he reached but now all he needed was a cold shower since the long walk made him sweaty and sticky.

Since it was only him in the room for now as the reception lady said, he came walking out with just his bathrobe swaying and singing to songs playing from his Bluetooth speaker. Hopping a little to get to his bed belting out the last high note from the song he was unaware of his bathrobe slowly coming out in loose when the door opened suddenly, thanks to his quick reflex he was just in time to save himself from embarrassment when someone walked inside holding a receipt.

Both of them stopped in their tracks looking at each other. Woohyun’s ears turned blood red while the girl just ignored him and walked past to the top bunk just diagonal to his bed. After placing her backpack against the wall she took something from it and turned to him “Are you done here?” she said signaling towards the bathroom. He nodded frantically while trying to throw on a sweat shirt over him quickly. As soon as she disappeared he put on his shorts and walked outside picking up his sling bag. 

He found a cute café near the dorm which had a good view overlooking the beach. After ordering a beer and a pretzel he texted his best friend, brother and parents he reached alive and told them this is the last time he will be contacting them until he get back to Korea. No phone was the #1 pact he made to himself before going on this trip.

The wind chimes tinkled every time the door opened, he turned to look at who was entering while taking a sip from his beer, and it was her. The girl who saw him in nothing but a bathrobe walked in wearing a light summer dress with her long hair made up into a messy bun.  She gave him a small nod as if to acknowledge him and sat in the right most corner of the café. It was pretty empty so his only view was either her or the beach.

For the next few days, he blindly just followed her everywhere because he had no itinerary and all he wanted was to go to the beach and visit cafés around the city which was the exact thing she did too. Unknowingly he would get up early to get ready and wait in the lobby for her to come out and start walking so that he could casually do the same maintaining a safe distance to not freak her out.

Every time they were in the same room, she would have her headphones on and bob to music from her laptop propped on her knees while she lay down or sat against the wall. He was grateful to have a bunk diagonally below so he could watch her in daze and not make it look creepy.

A week passed with him forgetting his purpose of why he had come here and just unconsciously trailed her around the city and if he lost her search for her.

One of her favorite routine was to go to a café anywhere and sit there to watch the glistening sun and listen to music. Woohyun could feel his muse bursting since he always found himself with his lyric book jotting small snippets while he’s around her.

“We lay apart, so very close yet so far” woohyun read out a line from his book when he heard someone clearing their throat he looked up to see the girl standing in front of him.

He really hadn’t got the chance to look at her face properly it was always her back that he would recognize and follow all day. His eyes ran through scanning her well-proportioned face with high cheek bones and a delicate chin. Her midnight-black hair flowed over her shoulders like a waterfall with her bangs covering over her eyebrows. Not to forget her doe like eyes, he once again hears her clear trying to bring back his attention to her.

“Hi” she spoke in Korean with a sugary voice and a small smile.

“Umm..Hi” woohyun stuttered looking perplexed to hear her speak his tongue fluently.

“Can I sit here?” she signaled at the empty chair opposite to him.

“Of…Of course” he continued still looking amused; coming to think of it she did look somewhat Korean as he stared intently at her like watching some serious scene in a drama without blinking.

She let out a cute laugh; yes very cute watching him look bemused.

“I thought it was time we kinda roam the streets in quest to search for cafés and have more beer together” he almost thought he was going to piss his pants. Was he being too obvious while following her? She probably thought he was a stalker and was sweet talking to him while the police came to put him in jail? Why is she speaking Korean? All these ran through his mind while he clutched on to his bag with second thoughts of running away.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to, I just didn’t plan anything before coming here and you just seemed familiar like you know when you loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter