Chapter Two

Found in our Souls

Now Luhan was not the one to listen to his ma all the time, but he was still a fairly obedient pup. However, there was just no way for him to find his necklace - it was gone! The strange thing was, no scent other than his came from where he had left it: and his nose was pretty sharp, he would have known. So, a few hours later, he was stuck on plan B: trying to recreate his medal the best as he could. 

Now, this would have been fairly easy was he capable of manipulating glass the way some of his pack were, or even metal (he could always use some sort of berries to dye it all, right? But... Luhan was clumsy. 

He was great with pups, had a good sense of smell and a heart as big as the Moon but... 

His hands were shaky and squeaks escaped his pouty lips as he fiddled with pieces of sharp glass, trying to find one that resembled his medal (but really, maybe shattering a gift his ma had gotten from another pack was not the best idea, especially not the flower vase that, minutes prior, had still held roses... 

The omega attempted to sand down a roundish piece, somewhat content, but really just hurt that he had lost the most important piece of jewelry he had ever owned. His heart shattered at the thought that maybe it would cause him to never meet his mate - what if he could never replicate it perfectly? It would be a punishment he deserved, the petite male thought, but it still stung: to toy with the idea of never finding love like his parents.. 

In the end, the piece came out somewhat similar, but very wonky - hang onto a thin piece of silk, the medal as round as possible, with only a single bit that dug into his skin, a jagged edge that he tried to cover up with the dyes so it would not have to face his skin. Over the semi-flat surface, he painted with gold: swirls and the little stars that he could recall so well: but recreating it was another thing. 

Now, pups often drew their symbols into the sand or even painted it on bits of paper but to be copying it on such a tiny thing, Luhan's hands hurt by the time he was done. He felt oddly proud in a way - the overwhelming sadness going away fast with the excitement that a neighboring pack was visiting. Maybe he was a little vain over what he had created, but part of him actually wanted people to see it (and of course, the majority of him still hoped no one would spot that something was off, and that his future mate did not belong to their visitors. 

After all that time spent working, he did not have a lot of time to prepare - but he tried, and the omega was somewhat happy with the way he looked. He knew that if he was uncertain, he could always ask his ma for help, but somehow, it seemed like a step into becoming older, more independent: judging his looks on his own. 

He stood short but proud in front of the large mirror in his hut (well, the section that was his and no one else's), fixing the last touches of his outfit. A carefully crafed flower crown (the one thing he was good at making) on top of his head, red and white, his best furs wrapped around his skinny form. They were all white - but the symbols he had painted on his skin were red and gold. They were mostly just swirls with a moon where his neck met his shoulder, and a flower under his ear. Some of the lines were shaky (he was still learning, okay?) but he was happy - and confident. 

Of course, right until Kyungsoo tore into his room, panting.

"Lu,did you find your... oh, I guess not..." The other omega mumbled, already dressed and ready, but with a frown on his lips. His eyes fell on the pieces of glass still on the floor and he put two and two together fast (well, that was one of the reasons why they were so close.  They just...understood each other)" Oh Lulu, you hurt your hands, and that thing looks dangerous!" he rambled to himself as he scrambled to wrap a ribbon he spotted around the other's arms."At least try to cover up all those cuts! At least this way they'll think it's part of your outfit... And what if you actually poke someone with that thing?!"

"Hey, it's not a knife or something. And I totally can't smell any blood. Anymore."

"Anyway, we have to go... Your ma actually got me to fetch you. They are here!" 

And with that, Luhan stepped out, only to spot an alpha nearing his hut, a smirk on his face - and his missing necklace hanging from his long fingers. 

The omega's cheeks burnt with shame. 


an: I know I thought I'll update soon but my laptop died... so I needed to wait till I got this one :P It's old but works lol Anyway, this was short but I'm going to Venice tomorrow so like, right at the right time. 

Who's that alpha though, I wonder :P