Chapter Three

Found in our Souls

"Were you looking for this, pretty?" The alpha's lips curled into a knowing smirk, but there was a certain tenderness in his gaze. "You know, this morning I arrived a bit earlier than my pack so I thought, might as well have a look around and well, look what I found!" The omega snatched the medal away, frowning when he saw that the silk that held it was torn now - he would have to find something else!

"You stole it." Luhan corrected the taller, eyes narrowing. Shame was still burning in his heart but it was quickly replaced with anger. He knew it wasn't so hard to track the medal to him (his scent still clung to it for sure), but to do it in front of such a crowd! The omega wanted to say something - but he could not, words stuck on the tip of his tongue. The alpha's presence was making him mum. He knew he was going to get a scolding from his ma for never finding his necklace, for making a new one (and for getting hurt in the process, too!) but for just a moment, it was only him and the cocky alpha. 

No one else. 

"Actually, I saved it. A squirrel or something must have thought it was great bedding for his nest so he took it bit through the thread and ran away. I found him on his way a tree, realized what this is and well, here I am." Again, there was an odd tone to his voice, somewhat mocking and yet not, a lot more lightheart​​ed now that Luhan was feeling more at ease (or at least, his omega was, pushing the boy to calm down a little as well). 

"Thank you." he mumbled finally, biting down on his lower lip with semi-sharp fangs. The alpha grinned in response, his eyes falling on the fake necklace hanging around the smaller's thin neck." I have to say, you've done a good job trying to replicate it. It's not perfect, but must have been pretty hard in such a long time. Anyway, my name is Sehun, the firstborn to the leader in my pack. I'm currently on the hunt for my omega.  We are visiting you for a night of happiness. It was only normal that I would get this back for you."

The alpha talked a lot, and only some of his words seemed sincere. It was as if he was battling inside his own head, trying to find the right things to say but failed miserable, for he sounded a little odd It was, however, beyond normal to introduce oneself based on their rank or whether one was mated or not. A strange thing to Luhan, who was just beginning to wonder about finding his alpha one day, but useful, he thought. 

" My name is Luhan, the son of first alpha and omega here. I apologise that you have had to retrieve my necklace, alpha. I have only looked away for a moment and.." 

So maybe Luhan was not better at talking either. He could already hear his ma scolding him later for acting to silly, but... He was still not used to talking! He was a pup still, and he could get shy or awkward! Right? 

"Well, I am still happy that it ended up in my hands and not in a nest." Sehun joked and finally, Luhan managed an airy giggle that seemed to stun the alpha for a moment. 

At least his charm still worked. 

"Anyway, I think it's time for the feast. Would you give me the honor of coming with me to the feast." and then, the alpha leaned close so only Luhan could hear him." our parents would definitely rejoice in the idea of seeing us together." he winked and held out his hand - an offering. The omega took it after brief consideration and smiled a little, tilting his head to the side when Kyungsoo (who was still there which surprised the other!) giggled under his breath, and ran off before his friend could have asked him what was so funny. 

"Yeah, I think they will be happy." the omega muttered, pouting as his eyes fell on the lone medal that sat in his other hand. "I"ll have to think of a way to change the two medals, too."

"Here, this should work for now," a piece of thread was wrapped around the omega's pinky and the alpha grinned." Thought that whoever lost this would need something to hang it up onto. Stole it from my sister..." 

Luhan giggled at that, and felt himself relax. There was just something about the alpha that made him easy to like. 

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad to befriend him. 


an : so it's my first time writing on my new keyboard and I'm praying I'll get used to it. I had to cut this short because I keep getting confused haha (it's Italian so xD) but will update again quite soon I think <3 Thanks for the support!