Chapter One

Found in our Souls

"Huh?" a soft voice, perplexed, muttered, large doe eyes widening. " I could have sworn I put it here.." it added." Soo, did you grab my necklace as well?" 

"No, Lulu," curious, the other omega skipped over to his friend, wrapping his fur cloak around his shoulders. It was getting a little chilly, especially after swimming for so long!" 

"I took it off because ma doesn't like it when it gets wet because his doesn't, so mine shouldn't either but it's...gone?" the slightly smaller of the too, sporting ragged sun-bleached hair and fair skin muttered, running a hand through his messy, still wet locks.

"Maybe one of the pups thought it's a good joke?" Soo offered, a pout forming on petal-like lips. He reached for his own medal that hang around his neck by instinct, pressing against the stone that was always cool against his skin: a reminder that he had yet to find his alpha. 

"Yeah, just... I don't know, I put it with my furs, but now it's gone.. You know that everyone's going to freak out if I tell them..." 

He was right for sure: as next head omega, it was particularly important that the young blonde found his mate one day - an alpha that would lead the pack with him. Or tried, like his pa did. Despite being the 'dominant', everyone in their village knew that it was his ma that kept it all together. 

"Maybe one of the pups stole it for fun." Soo muttered, biting down on his lower lip. The two of them had been taking care of the youngest of the pack just a little before bathing, so there was a chance. However, they had herded the little ones back before allowing themselves to have some fun (because if they hadn't, their mothers would have heard their heads. 

Really.

"What if it fell into the water?" Lulu said, frowning. At that, the other omega giggled - the thought of losing such a precious item was scary to him, but things like this often happened to that airhead friend of his. Sure, he was smart, but often did not pay attention when pups were not involved. 

"I don't think so. Let's go back, maybe someone found it."

A few minutes walking from the lake was the main part of their territory. Tents in all sizes and colors surrounded the already burning fire as some of the older omegas prepared dinner. The closer one's living space was to the fire, the higher their rank was - and thus, Lulu's was a mere few feet from it, the largest of them all (and made with bright white skin and furs, the prettiest one in his opinion!) while his friend's wasn't too far either. Their mothers have been inseparable since their first summer and well, being so close to the head omega did have its perks for sure. Needless to say however, for once, the two dreaded their way back to the campsite. 

"Luhan, do you have anything to tell me?" Even before the younger omega could have said anything, he was met with his furious ma, all in his tiny (but terrifying) glory.

"No?" Luhan (for that was his full name) played with the hem of his furs, a pout forming on his lips." Why would you think so, ma? We went swimming with Kyungsoo, but that's all that happened. We're free when the pups sleep on pup days, aren't we?"

"Yes puppy, you are. But guess what? One of the little rascals had something of yours... "

"My necklace?" the blonde exclaimed with wide eyes, only to hiss when his ma shook his head."No?"

"No. The basket of herbs you were not supposed to let them bring home in case they decide to try them. Some of these can be dangerous to them!" the head omega exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air."But wait... Did you... where's your necklace?"

"That's exactly what I don't know, either." the younger muttered, worried."And sorry I won't let them take the herbs again. I.. I actually think one of them might have pranked me. I always tie my charm to a piece of my clothing but when I went back, it was just gone."

"You have to find it, immediately. A neighboring pack will visit tonight - and your mate might just be among them!"


an: this will get so much better when it starts up. also longer chapters, but I just wanted to start with something today :) I'm planning a lot more lore in the next chapter. I wanted to write more but.. I wonder who's coming :D 

(I'm going to Italy on Friday so wish me luck :D)