The Resignation

Secretary Jung Wheein
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Miss Moon, I think you need to find a new secretary."

Moon Byulyi didn't know how to process what her secretary just told her.

Moon Byulyi.

The young vice president of the Moon Group of Companies. One of the best CEO of her generation.

She's attractive, physically fit, competent, and filthy rich. She's even a certified genius who knows several languages and easily comes up with highly profitable company strategies. And her aura - as she believes so - is to die for.

She's got everything.

Even the biggest ego if you'd ask Wheein, but that's beside the point.

"I'm going to resign."

Why would Secretary Jung even consider quitting is beyond Moonbyul.

They work perfectly together -fit perfectly together.

For seven years, their dynamics have always worked.

And sure, Byulyi is a very strict person, and she always makes Secretary Jung work overtime, but she believes that she has always been a good boss to Wheein.

Plus, Byul thinks her secretary's salary compensates her long hours of work.

So she couldn't even begin to process why on Earth would Jung Wheein want to quit her job.

But since she's Moon Byulyi, and she doesn't need anyone in her life she shrugs it off, telling Wheein, "If that's what you want", in a very nonchalant manner.

Wheein sighs in relief. She had thought her boss would be a bit more curious as to why she'd want to resign, but she guesses she was wrong, and that's a good thing because she didn't think CEO Moon Byulyi would understand.

Moon Byulyi didn't have such a great night as she would have liked after Secretary Jung's declaration of resignation

She blamed it on the weather, saying to herself that it happened to be such a cold night, even though it never bothered her before.

She's convinced that the reason she can't sleep was because of everything else...but not because of Jung Wheein.

So what if she quits?

There's a lot of competent secretaries out there that could easily replace her.

But then again, working with Moon Byulyi isn't just any job. She spent a few years training and guiding Wheein to be the secretary that Byul needed her to be. And finding someone else to fill in her shoes would be time-consuming and inefficient.

And Byul doesn't tolerate inefficiency.

No. That wouldn't be good for her company.

So she reasons to herself that convincing Secretary Jung to stay would be her best option...for their company.

When Wheein arrived at Byul's office, Byul leaned back on her chair, taking a break from her work.

She looked intently at her secretary, staring at her from bottom to top, her eyes settling at Wheein's eye level.

Then she puts on a straight face, as she leaned towards her desk, resting both her elbows on her desk as she intertwines her hands.

"Miss Jung." Byul started.

"Yes, Vice President?" Wheein responded attentively out of instinct.

"I'm not the kind of person who gives out second chances." Byulyi states.

Wheein nods, knowing very well of that fact. "Yes, Vice Pre-"

"But for you, I'd make an exception," Moonbyul states with a complacent tone, as if Wheein should be grateful for her statement.

"Pardon?" Wheein asks; she doesn't recall asking for a second chance. And she's not planning to any time soon.

Moondbyul stands up, as she slips both her hands into her pocket. Walking around her desk to get in front of Wheein.

If it were any other person, they would've been intimidated by how Byul presented herself. She was wearing a custom-fit red suit on top of her white long sleeve polo. Her hair was neatly tied up in a low ponytail. And on top of that was her intimidating confident aura.

But Wheein worked for her for years that she had simply gotten used to it.

"I'll only offer this once; I'll promote you to a director. If you worry that the work's too much for you, then I'll hire someone to assist you." Moonbyul declares, not giving Wheein a chance to speak for herself. But Wheein doesn't seem phased at all by her offer, and still seemed determined to resign, so she adds, "A car will be provided for you by the company, as well."

Wheein was about to shake her head and politely decline her boss' offer but Moonbyul continues. "You're still paying for the debt your father left you, right?" She remembers Wheein mentioning that during one of their late-night works. "I'll take care of that too." she says generously.

Wheein was a little surprised that her boss would even recall that.

"Let's work harder together from now on." Moonbyul declares with finality, confident enough that there's no way Wheein would decline such a generous offer.

"Miss Moon-" Wheein started, but her boss cut her off.

"I won't judge you if you immediately accept the offer; so you can just say yes, and we could continue with our work." Byul states with her signature, self-satisfied smirk.

Byul raised her hand with two fingers pointing upward as she slides it slowly from her forehead down to the tip of her nose. Breathing ever so dramatically as she places her middle and index finger under Wheein's chin - while looking at Wheein with what Byul would describe as charming- and gently flicks it for effect.

"And to top it all off, you'd be working for a perfect boss, such as myself." she claimed. "Such a great offer..." Byul proposed. "But you don't need to thank me." she adds.

Wheein takes a deep breath, figuring out a way to decline Byul's offer in such a way that she wouldn't be offended. In which, she knew would be a hard task considering that Byul never liked being rejected. "Vice President, it is indeed a very generous offer, but I would have to decline."

Byul holds her breath; trying her best to compose herself. "What?" she asks in disbelief, trying to convince herself that she just heard it wrong.

"I can't accept your offer, vice president." Wheein replies calmly, bowing her head apologetically. "I'm sorry."

Byul squints her eyes at her secretary, as if sizing her up; analyzing what's stopping Wheein from accepting her offer.

Byul takes one step closer at Wheein, as if they weren't close enough before. She looks at Wheein with fire in her eyes but her tone was cold. "Why? Are you planning to move away? Did you find a better job?" Moonbyul precisely asks. Although, she doubts that Wheein could find a better job than what she already has.

Wheein shakes her head, "No, Miss Moon. I'm still not sure about those things."

Byulyi was flabbergastered but she still appeared composed.

"Then why are you quitting so suddenly?" Byul asks, trying her best to make sense of her secretary's decision.

Wheein wouldn't call it 'sudden'. She's been thinking about it for years now. "I want to pick up my life now." she answers.

After her father abandoned W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter