Love Is Not Over

All For You
Jimin was stressed out.
 
 
 
The past few days hadn't been very easy for him.
 
 
From being ignored by his boyfriend to not being able to open up to his roommate; everything had drained him of his energy.
 
 
His usual self seemed to be lost somewhere.
 
 
 
Jimin sat at his desk, opening the Gmail account of his company every other second.
 
 
 
 
A young boy sitting quite some distance away from him had been observing him for the past two days.
 
 
He noticed how off he looked.
 
 
This younger colleague of Jimin's was a newbie at work, but he was just as skilled as the recently retired woman who worked his position before him.
 
 
His name was Jeon Jungkook and he had joined this company a month or two back.
 
 
He still wasn't very familiar with all the workers, considering the fact that everyone was equally busy and had no time to spare, but he had always admired Jimin.
 
 
No, not as a role model.
 
 
Everyday when Jimin would walk in, Jungkook would peek his head out and look at Jimin with innocent and keen eyes.
 
 
He used to notice little details about Jimin every now and then, taking little breaks from his work.
 
 
He liked how Jimin always smiled and spoke to people in a flirtatious manner but also concentrated on his work with the utmost dedication.
 
 
He liked how Jimin brushed his hair back with his delicate little hands every time he worked a bit too much.
 
 
He liked everything about Jimin.
 
 
Except the fact that he was dating, which he made very obvious. 
 
 
He never really enjoyed it when Jimin called his boyfriend and spoke to him with so much affection. 
 
 
He felt a small sensation of jealousy run along his veins every time Jimin giggled while talking about his boyfriend; or to his boyfriend.
 
 
But he never had the courage to confront his crush.
 
 
 
That day, Jimin hadn't smiled the entire day.
 
 
When one of their colleagues wished him a good morning, Jimin replied with a half hearted smile and a drained "Morning."
 
 
Jimin huffed and banged his head gently on his work desk.
 
 
 
Around break, Jungkook saw Jimin drinking some water as his lunch lay before his eyes, untouched.
 
 
 
"Should I go up to him?" Jungkook was thinking to himself while standing a few feet away from Jimin's desk when Jimin suddenly turned his seat to the back and noticed him standing there.
 
 
 
"Do you want something, Jungkook?" he asked, in a calm yet tired tone.
 
 
 
"Oh... He knows my name? Well then..." Jungkook thought to himself.
 
 
Jungkook looked shyly at the ground and seemed to mutter a few words to himself.
 
 
"Uh..." he finally spoke up, "Are you o-okay? You seem worried..." his voice faded with the last few words.
 
 
 
Jungkook's awkwardness had caused Jimin to giggle a bit.
 
 
"Not really... I'm fine," Jimin said, "Thanks for asking!"
 
 
"Oh... Okay," Jungkook replied and started to walk back to his seat.
 
 
Suddenly:
 
"Jungkook," he heard a voice call out to him. 
 
 
He turned around to see Jimin looking at him.
 
 
"Let's get to know each other a bit, shall we?" Jimin asked, still sounding drained out.
 
 
 
Jungkook felt his heart skip a beat.
 
 
He looked around awkwardly and uttered a small "okay".
 
 
"How about we get to know each other through dinner tonight?" Jimin asked, taking up the initiative to talk because he realized that Jungkook was quite the shy newbie.
 
 
"S-sure," Jungkook replied with an awkward smile.
 
 
Jimin smiled and nodded at the younger boy as Jungkook walked back to his desk; his palms sweating profusely.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
 
Everyone had slowly started to leave after getting over with their work.
 
 
Jimin saw Jungkook busy with some work.
 
 
He took this opportunity to take out his phone and texted Hoseok:
 
 
20:33 - i wont be back for dinner tonight. dont cook for me. 

 

20:34 - if im too late dont stay up. go to sleep. 

 

 

He noticed the time and shut off his computer and slowly walked up to Jungkook.

 

 

Jungkook was turning off the switch of his computer when he suddenly saw Jimin standing behind him.

 

 

He turned to Jimin and scratched his ear out of slight embarrassment.

 

 

"I'm sorry, I'm late," he told Jimin, "let's uh..."

 

"Jungkook, I won't eat you, chill." Jimin reassured the nervous young guy. "Let's leave, yeah?"

 

 

"Yeah," Jungkook nodded, slightly less awkward now.

 

 

The two boys left their workplace and went to a small restaurant nearby for dinner.

 

After placing their order for food, Jimin asked for a glass of fine beer.

 

He looked at Jungkook and asked, "What would you like?"

 

Jungkook shook his head vigorously and replied, "No no, I don't do alcohol unless it's a special occasion."

 

Jimin laughed at Jungkook and shook his head slightly. 

 

 

 

After some time, the boys were both engrossed in eating and had grown comfortable with each other.

 

 

By now, they had already introduced themselves to one another and had spoken about each other's families, hobbies and early life.

 

 

Jimin spoke quite a lot at first, but once Jungkook got comfortable with Jimin, he started talking a lot more than one would expect; giving Jimin enough time to enjoy his second mug of beer.

 

 

After some more time, Jimin was quite intoxicated and Jungkook could understand that well.

 

 

"You know," Jimin suddenly said, "People aren't grateful nowadays."

 

"I know that," Jungkook replied, "But why do you say so?"

 

Jimin looked up at Jungkook with drowsy, red eyes and said, "My boyfriend proved himself. He broke up with me."

 

 

Jungkook stared at Jimin for some time with his jaw open.

 

He almost wanted to ask Jimin out right away.

 

 

"Me??? Of all people???" Jimin suddenly got sentimental, "After all I did for him and all the time we spent together... This???? He doesn't know that there are tons of boys and girls waiting to date me, I couldn't care less," Jimin suddenly stood up.

 

 

Jungkook looked around the restaurant to meet a few judgemental glances.

 

 

He quickly paid the bill and dragged Jimin out of there.

 

 

By the time they left, it was almost 10:00PM.

 

There were a few cabs here and there.

 

 

Jungkook managed to catch a cab and Jimin managed to tell his address, with a lot of difficulty.

 

 

Jungkook firmly held Jimin's arm with one hand and wrapped the other one around his shoulder in a protective manner as Jimin napped on Jungkook's wide, muscular shoulder.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Hoseok was done having his dinner.

 

He looked at the wall clock.

 

 

"10PM? Jimin still isn't back? He told me to go to sleep if he was late, but I can't get myself to do that... I hope he's fine."
 
 
 
Once Hoseok was done doing the dishes, he heard the bell ring.
 
 
He opened the door and saw Jimin stumbling in the arms of a tall and well-built boy.
 
 
The unknown boy smiled awkwardly at Hoseok, struggling to hold Jimin in place.
 
 
"Hi, I'm Jungkook, uh..." he said, softly.
 
 
"Come in," Hoseok said politely as he helped him to pull Jimin inside.
 
 
 
Jungkook and Hoseok managed to put Jimin to bed together.
 
 
Once they were done, Jungkook immediately walked towards the door.
 
 
"Hey," Hoseok called out to him, "You forgot to introduce yourself."
 
 
"Oh sorry," Jungkook whispered, "I'm his colleague from work."
 
 
Hoseok smiled and said, "I'm Hoseok, his roommate. Nice to meet you!"
 
Hoseok extended his hand for a handshake and Jungkook kindly greeted him back.
 
 
"He's slightly drunk," Jungkook told Hoseok, "take care of him."
 
 
"Slightly???"
 
 
"I will, thank you," Hoseok replied, as he bid Jungkook a formal goodbye.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
 
Jungkook caught another cab and headed back to his place.
 
 
He threw his head back gently and rested it on the cold leather seat as he shut his eyes tightly.
 
 
"I hope Jimin will be fine tomorrow morning," he told himself.
 
 
 
On his entire ride back, Jungkook could only think about Jimin.