Autumn Leaves

All For You
Hoseok was boiling some water to make himself a warm cup of tea after working all day.
 
 
That's when he heard the door opening.
 
 
"Jimin must be home!"
 
 
He was right. 
 
 
Jimin entered the apartment. He was slightly shocked to see Hoseok back, but really, it wasn't his fault.
 
The guy who usually got back at 8:00PM was home today by 6:00PM... Surprising, indeed.
 
 
 
"You're home this early?" he asked the older boy, soullessly.
 
 
Hoseok smiled and nodded, but he realized Jimin wasn't being his usual self.
 
 
 
He walked up to Jimin and helped him take off his coat.
 
 
 
Jimin sat down on the comfortable, satin, green couch and immediately threw his head backwards and sighed.
 
 
"Are you tired?" Hoseok asked Jimin, "I'm making some tea for myself... I could make a cup for you as well."
 
 
 
Jimin really didn't want to trouble Hoseok. But who would deny an offer for tea after such a hard day, right?
 
 
 
 
Hoseok served Jimin a cup of fresh, green tea and took a seat next to Jimin while sipping on his cup.
 
 
 
After taking two small and careful sips, he realized that Jimin had been sitting and staring at the tea in his cup.
 
 
No blowing, no drinking... Nothing.
 
 
He kept his own cup on the table in front of them and placed his hand on Jimin's shoulder.
 
 
 
"Open up," he told the worn out boy, with a comforting smile.
 
 
 
Jimin placed his cup on the table next to Hoseok's and started, "Hoseok... You've been my best friend ever since I moved to Seoul in search of a job, right?"
 
 
Hoseok nodded.
 
 
"Well," Jimin continued, "My job is going well but..."
 
 
"But? But what?" Hoseok asked, growing restless with every breath he took.
 
 
"You remember Yoongi? My boyfriend?"
 
 
"That one aspiring musician guy? Of course I do! What's wrong?"
 
 
"I don't think he wants us to last..."
 
 
"Why do you say so, Jimin?"
 
 
"Recently, he's been acting aloof. He doesn't smile that often, he doesn't receive my calls... Today we had planned to go for lunch together but he cancelled the plan saying that he had music to work on. I ended up eating at the office cafeteria. I think he's done with me for good."
 
 
Jimin's voice had started to grow shakier and the brightness in his eyes had vanished. 
 
 
 
Hoseok caressed his back gently and said, "Jimin, don't be so worried. If he truly loves you, he'll get back to you, I promise. Now drink your tea before it turns cold!"
 
Hoseok smiled reassuringly at Jimin and went back into the kitchen to keep his half consumed cup of tea.
 
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 
 
It was night.
 
 
Jimin had already gone off to sleep in his own room, but Hoseok was wide awake on his bed.
 
 
He rested his forearm on his forehead and stared at the ceiling.
 
 
"I can't bear to see my roommate this sad. It hurts me when Jimin doesn't act like his usual self...
 
 
Obviously, that Yoongi guy would be the one to break up with him first... I always knew it. He was always a cold person, but Jimin just never realized that.
 
 
But as a roommate, best friend and a non biological brother, I have a certain responsibility too. 
 
 
Should I try to talk to Yoongi? I could leave early and let someone else do my shift. Maybe the guy just needs to sort out his priorities...
 
 
....
 
 
Yup. That's it. I'm gonna go and talk to Yoongi tomorrow. Jimin deserves to be happy."
 
 
 
Hoseok gently shut his eyes and drifted off to sleep.