Phase I

Cause I like it when you smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a.n. Another unbetaed/unedited chapter cause I am lazy and doing this just for fun. Let me know about the typos and grammatical mistakes that you can find if you have the time <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"So, we need to first track Sungjongie's mental state", Woohyun declared after they had moved to Sunggyu's room, which had the giant Whiteboard. Sunggyu was going to whine when he realizes that all his diet plans were erased from the board in favour of Operation MyungJong as Woohyun called it.

Currently, Woohyun was standing in front of it seriously, as if he was giving an important lecture and Myungsoo was sitting on Sunggyu's bed while cuddling a pillow. He felt ridiculous taking lessons from one of the most promiscuous members of the group, but, like he kept reminding himself, he had no other choice. Every-time he tried to think about it, it was like his mind would inevitably go to 'Hyung let's have a break-up party'. He himself didn't know why it bothered him so much, but it had already instilled a fear in him of a future where Sungjong will celebrate not being with him.

"So, as we know, there are 5 stages of grief." Woohyun continued, drawing a chart on the whiteboard with 5 mismatched boxes. "Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance", he filled the boxes one by one with each word.

"Currently, I would say, since he just now broke up and from what you said about the party, maybe he is in the denial state", he circled the first box. Myungsoo scoffed, he didn't seem in denial. He seemed past the acceptance stage into the happiness stage again.

"You don't believe me, right?", Woohyun asked him, narrowing his eyes. Myungsoo simply stared back and let him draw his own conclusions.

Woohyun, who considered himself an expert in mind and mind-games, felt insulted by this lack of faith. "Fine. I will prove that to you" he said while covering the whiteboard with a bedsheet he had borrowed from Sunggyu's closet to hide their planning from Sungjong.

"I will prove it to you, but if Sungjong is hurt in this process don't blame it on me", He warned. "I imagine this will him into the anger phase if Sungjongie can have that phase."

Myungsoo debated with himself and decided that the low chance of Sungjong being in denial phase meant he would not be hurt much either. And, well, if he was hurt, Myungsoo would be there to take care of him so it wouldn't be that bad.

He nodded to indicate his acceptance and Woohyun smirked to himself.

It was always so fun to manipulate the kids and by kids he meant all the members of his group except himself.

 

~o0o~

They had separated for rest of the day. Myungsoo went back to his room, deciding to play some games to distract himself while Woohyun worked on getting Sungjong to open up to them about his feelings. Woohyun thought that it would not be subtle at all if both of them barged in and decided to help Sungjong along, especially since Sungjong knew that Myungsoo knew about his breakup. Sungjong didn’t know that Woohyun knew about his breakup though so he could put his plan into motion easily.

 

Woohyun found Sungjong lying on his bed with the Japanese book still dangling in his hand but he was barely holding it up. It was clear that their maknae was exhausted and sleepy. Woohyun felt the urge to coo at the sight but resisted the temptation as he always did. Sungjong was a grown man now and they should start treating him like one even if in their hearts he was still the baby of the group.

 

“Sungjongie”, unfortunately this still came out far too lovingly than Woohyun would have liked but he couldn’t take it back now. He jumped on the bed to lie next to the younger member, their faces annoyingly close for Sungjong’s liking, and pulled the book out from the weak grip.

“How sweet! Our Sungjong is so hardworking” He cackled, ignoring Sungjong’s annoyed whine. Sungjong tried to push himself out of the embrace that Woohyun soon subjected him to but failed as always. ‘No matter how much he grows up, he will never outgrow my love’, Woohyun thought to himself, brushing away his imaginary tears in his imagination.

 

“Hyung, let go of me”, Sungjong grumbled, giving up on getting out of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter