Chapter 2 (Updated)

First Time is a Charm

Image result for sza

"I'm going to get a drink do you want anything?"

"No I'm fine but thanks!" She puts the headphones in her ears which is fortunate for me because it gives me the chance to replay everything in my head and kick myself even more for the stupid things I've been saying so far. This is why I can not be alone with her. 

The line was a little long so I closed my eyes and given that I couldn't get her out my mind I requested guidance from a higher power. Dear God, please let me have an opportunity to make her mine. I've liked her for a while so please give me the courage and skill to maneuver this carefully. Amen.

.....

I was reading over my physics problem when I saw a hand waving in front of me, and pulled out my headphones. "Yeah?"

"Time is up and I just want to say that I've been working diligently but I don't have six pages, however, I really am tired an want to go home so can we leave now?"

"Sounds like someone doesn't have six pages."

She poked out a little which caused me to smile, big enough for her to notice. "Don't laugh okay, I promise I tried but it just wouldn't come out of my brain and into the computer..."

"I'm just kidding. How many pages did you get?"

"Four"

"That's not bad at least you made progress, right?"

"True I just--" *Bing. She looked at her phone and her eyebrows furrowed from anger to annoyance to meh in a matter of five seconds.

"Is something wrong?"

"No and Yes. Okay, I need to vent. Is that okay?"

"Sure."

"I have a number of guys friends who will be my friend for a month or so and then try to sleep with me but once I say no, they stop being my friend. It's so annoying. I'm just trying to build friendships, and every guy is like 'Oh yeah baby I'm just looking for friends too' but then two days later they're asking for privileges that a normal friend does not have. People act like I'm being weird making a big deal about having but I only make a big deal about it because I don't' want to feel like a notch on some guys belt. If we stop talking after I tell you I'm not sleeping with you then I can only imagine what would have happened if we had had . Honestly, I tin part of the hype and push for people coming at me is because I am a and they want to de-flower as many people as possible. I'd rather tell people I've slept with more men than I can count to scare them away, but I also don't' want to be called a hoe behind my back either. I just want to have my first-time so I can get past the hype of whatever this great experience it's supposed to be."

"You could just have it with me." Shoot! shoot! shoot! shoot! Don't ask me why I even said that because I honestly have no idea. 

"Honestly that'd perfect." She smiles and laughs silently to herself. So I decided to play along just to see where things would go. 

"H-heh" yeah in like another universe." 

"I mean I've known you for a long time and I know you are a player." I pretend to be shocked at her words, as I hold my hand to my mouth looking especially offended, in an effort to be dramatic.

"True. And I know you so I wouldn't be so nervous." This was true because I always felt like when it came to intimacy its easier to do with a friend rather than a stranger. 

"...and we have a strong enough friendship that if it were to be a bad experience we could laugh about it when we're old and gray." 

"...and if it were amazing we'd be able to respect the situation for what it was without strings being involved." I agree as I followed her away from the table she continued to keep a playful charm about herself.

"...and if we really liked it we could even start dating as an actual couple." 

"...yeah our friends would flip..." She keeps making these really cute, dramatic, romance faces, and batting her eyes all big like a love-struck teenager. I'll be honest, in those moments I felt my emotions beginning to run as I started to wish for this to become more of a reality. I suddenly remember to respond just o keep the fantasy going a little while longer.

"True"

"They'd want details" I shake my head no. To be completely honest about this fact. "But some things are better left between people, don't you think?" for a second she starts to look a bit surprised by my serious answer, so I began to smile devilishly to lighten the mod once again.

"Yeah, but we'd have to make rules to make sure no one's feelings get hurt, you know just to set boundaries."

"Would it be strictly ual?" She asks me as she suddenly loops her arm through mine and begins to lean her body into mine as we walk through the parking lot. I'd be joking if I were saying I had clean thoughts. For only a fraction of a second, I closed my eyes imagining the softness of her entire body beneath mine...

"Good point!" I cough to clear my throat as I try to come up with a clean -cut response "I would hold you in my arms an just hold you. It's an intimate part of the experience as well that is important to keep the good time going."

"We could totally skip that because sharing feelings is for couples and that totally not what we would be..." Her voice trailed off. I didn't agree with what she said but if I did it right the first time I'm sure she wouldn't exactly be in a rush to leave. 

"...Perhaps"

"...perhaps." As soon as she unlocked her car door we both got inside and once she the engine her radio began to play, ending the playful conversation for the remainder of the ride. As I sat in the passenger seat I played in my head the conversation we had and despite it being just a fantasy for her, it was very much a wanted reality for me.

...

Fresh out of the shower I collapsed on my bed and let my body air dry. Not because I care so much for the environment or because some article in a magazine said it was good for my skin. I just forgot to grab a towel earlier and now that I was lying down in the comfort of my own bed, nothing was going to make me move. 

I saw my phone light up just as ai was rolling on my side and saw a message from Young-Jae.

Y: Hey I know we were just joking earlier but I sincerely want to finish the conversation you started. 

N: What do you mean? I wasn't exactly sure what he was trying to say, but I had already read it and I hated leaving people on 'read' so I responded to the message he had sent nearly 20 minutes, confident that he was already in bed. I set the phone on my pillow and went to my closet to grab an old t-shirt to wear, and just as I open the door Jay Park rang from my phone.

This a song I wrote just for my baby
Just for my baby
Just for my baby
Hit me up baby on the Kakao baby
Gimme good lovin we can get down baby
Get down baby

"Hello?" I asked before even seeing who was calling.

"Nomi?" It was Young Jae surprisingly

"Hey Young Jae what's up?" Young Jae was not one for small-talk he rarely called anyone, but when he did he rarely greeted, and simply asked what he needed to know, or went straight to the point. But this time there was a pause on the phone.

"..."

"Young Jae?... I can hear you breathi--"

"Naomi as we discussed earlier you and I are both s, and during that conversation we also both described how we would like our first encounters to be, the circumstances, the person, and so on. In addition to recognizing that we were both lacking in a significant experience it, that we provided a solution to the other which is why, I Young Jae would like to have had ual relations with you, Naomi, so that we can both have a positive experience that we both seek and deserve."

I stood motionless in the center of my room as I stared at the clock on my wall. I was surprised that the time changed because it felt like I was in a parallel universe. One of my greatest friends just told me he wants to have with me. How am I supposed to respond to that?

"Naomi...are you still there."

"Yeah, I'm still here." I sat down on my bed and stared at the walls. "Are you just messing with me?"

"No, it makes sense for us. Everything you said earlier was hypothetical...for you. But everything that I said, I meant." I was not used to hearing him talk confidently about something other than school. "I know this might be hard to understand but I wanted to tell you earlier but when I look at you it gets hard..."

I looked at the phone again suspiciously. 

"....trying to say these things to you in person I mean, not my..." I tried to stifle my laughter through the phone. He was awkward and it was cute. I can only imagine how it may have looked to see him in person. "Not that you were thinking, it's just that I was thinking..." I heard him curse something through the phone but I couldn't make out what it was exactly. "Look I am simply suggesting that we agree to have our first with each other. Do you...accept my offer?"

I pretended to think it over in my head just to make him sweat a little "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

"...Okay then...so I guess we can work out the details tomorrow then?" 

I smiled to myself. "It's a date then."