It's my turn

Little Did I Know

 

a/n: It’s been a while but here is the update.

--- 
Dr. Kim looked up to see the people entering and her smile widened as she saw a familiar face. Jaemin greeted her with a wide smile of his own and even gave her a hug, prompting the little next to him to pull at the hem of his shirt.

“Yuyu, this is Dr. Kim. He’s touchan’s doctor. She took care of me when I was sick.” Jaemin introduced the doctor to Yuta who bowed and smiled wide at her.

Dr. Kim greeted and chuckled. “I see the resemblance. Such beautiful healing smiles you both have.” She remarked and Yuta giggled and thanked her. 

“This is Xiaojun, he’s Chinese and next to him is Taeyong, our interim leader.” Jaemin introduced the two who bowed at her before taking a seat, Taeyong immediately pulled Yuta to sit next to him.


“Oh my, you two look a like too!” Dr. Kim was amazed at how Xiaojun and Taeyong seemed related as well.


“We get that a lot.” Xiaojun replied shyly. 


“I get that they are inseparable?” Dr. Kim asked and both Xiaojun and Jaemin nodded.


“It’s how they are, 7  years of being with each other as friends, and later boyfriends, made them rely on each other.” Jaemin explained. 


“I’m sorry, can I just take a look at you four, I can’t wrap my head around the fact that you four are not even related but looked a lot like a family.” Dr. Kim expressed and both Jaemin and Xiaojun chuckled.

“We’re Yutae’s sons if the situation isn’t reverse.” Jaemin offered.


“I see.” Dr. Kim laughed. “before I ask about them, let me check up on you Jaemin.” Dr. Kim said and Jaemin nodded. “How have you been?” She asked and Jaemin smiled a bit.


“Been good. Not a lot of negative stress because Jeno and Renjun are helping me a lot.” Jaemin informed her and that made Dr. Kim at ease. ‘I worry though, I don’t want to regress all of the sudden when Yuta hyung is in his regressed state.” Jaemin voiced out.

“That will be tricky.” Dr. Kim mused.

“We’ll find a way to work around it.” Xiaojun said with a comforting smile and Jaemin returned it.


“So who will introduce himself first?” Dr. Kim announced and both Taeyong and Yuta raised their hands.

“Yuyu fwirst!” Taeyong giggled.

“Yongie fwirst!” Yuta said back.

“Together?” Dr. Kim suggested and the two laughed and nodded.

“I’m Yongie! Taetae! I’m fwour!” Taeyong said.

“Awm Yuyu awnd I awm fwour!” Yuta said after Taeyong.

“Very Good boys!” Dr. Kim praised them and the two smiled and hugged each other.

“They are very touch regressed or not.” Xiaojun chuckled next to Taeyong and ruffled both little’s hair.

“Do you have any ideas of possible triggers?” Dr. Kim asked and Xiaojun raised his hand. “This is not a recitation.” She chuckled and Xiaojun laughed and lowered his hand.


“Maybe Taeyong hyung is under a lot of stress. They just finished their tour amidst album promotions and the pressure of the 2019 unit debuting must have added to it.” Xiaojun shared and that was a plausible reason.


“Oh speaking off, isn’t Yuta hyung supposed to lead the Osaka unit?” Jaemin asked and Yuta perked up at the mention of his hometown.

“Gwoing Hwome?” Yuta asked and Jaemin shook his head.

“Do you want to go home Yuyu?” Jaemin asked then looked at Taeyong.

“Yongie cwomwing?” Yuta asked and Jaemin shook his head. “Nwoooo Want Yongie to cwome!” Yuta cried and Taeyong hugged him tightly. “Want yongie.” Yuta sobbed and Taeyong cried as well.


“Want Yuyu twoo!” Taeyong sobbed. “bwabwa nwot gwonna swepwerate ush?” Taeyong asked Xiaojun who shook his head and smiled comfortingly to the little.


“We are not going to separate you unless necessary okay baby?” Xiaojun assured his hyung.

“Yuyu stway?” Taeyong asked Jaemin who sighed and nodded.

“We’ll try to find a way out of this.” Jaemin rubbed his temples and seeing how Jaemin was uncomfortable, Yuta detached himself from Taeyong and went to kiss Jaemin’s temple.

“Touchan owkway?” Yuta asked and Jaemin smiled and hugged his hyung.

‘I will be okay as long as you’re okay.” Jaemin said and Taeyong pouted and made his way t squeeze himself between Jaemin and Yuta. 

“Taeyongie aegi!” Xiaojun warned but Jaemin just allowed the hyung to nuzzle Yuta’s neck and hugged him. “I don’t think it’s wise that they separate, look at them without each other.” Xiaojun exclaimed and both Jaemin and Dr. Kim laughed at the frustrations of the young man.


“It can’t be helped, little or not, they are soulmates.” Jaemin shrugged and kissed both Yuta and Taeyong’s head which earned giggles from the littles.

“bwabwa twoo!” Taeyong chirped and Xiaojun leaned in to kiss both of the littles’ heads to pacify them.

“I think Xiaojun is right, we can’t separate them. If the management is really planning to make Yuta lead an Osaka unit, I don’t think he’ll be mentally prepared for it.” Dr. Kim informed them.

“It’s always been them, Taeyong hyung helped Yuta hyung heal when Hansol hyung left. He learned Japanese for Yuta hyung and he listened to the worries of Yuta hyung especially his insecurities.” Jaemin told the doctor whil he ran a hand on Yuta’s hair, the little almost purred at the touch.

“I may not be there with them that long but I am witness to hos Yuta hyun puts Taeyong hyung first and supports him at all his endeavors. Taeyong maybe the leader of 127, but h has Yuta hyung as his pillar to ground him and remind him that he is doing a good job.” Xiaojun shared, almost tearing up remembering the times he had bore witness to their relationship.

“Then if this is the case then I would bring it up to management. I just met them but with what I am witnessing so far, it seems that they really are soulmates. Keep them together. I advise that you foster that love they have for each other and let it grow, if it grounded them when they are in normal headspace, then it will pull them out of this state.” Dr. Kim advised. “I may not take away the stressors because it is inevitable but if they feel insecure or worried, talk to them, help them bring it out because it would not be healthy to let them brood over it. I trust that you can do this?” Dr. Kim asked and both nodded. ‘That’s all for now.” She said and bid goodbye.


‘THwank you Dr. kwim!” The littles bowed and their caregivers led them out of the room.


Dr. Kim was touched with how Taeyong and Yuta had found their other halfs in each other, and she will do anything to keep that and nurture that.

The last people to meet Dr. Kim was Jeno and Doyoung, and unlike the others who were energetic as typical toddlers age, Doyoung was shy and reserved. Jeno coaxed Doyoung to greet the doctor but the little’s lip remained sealed.


“We meet again Jeno.” Dr. Kim greeted and Jeno smiled and greeted her back. “How have you been?” She asked and Jeno sighed.


“us three had been really good and we managed around Jaemin’s condition. He doesn’t regress that often, but we allow him to do so when we know it’s too much for him. It’s been really good for us three.” Jeno answered truthfully. “Doyoung hyung though, I can’t say the same.” Jeno sighed and rubbed Doyoung’s back and urged him to talk. “he’s not talking at all.” Jeno informed Doctor Kim.


“That is peculiar. Any thoughts on his triggers?” Dr. Kim asked but jeno shook his head.

“Hyung had always been independent and reliable. He’s not much into being pampered, he does that to s, us dreamies more than others.” Jeno said and Dr. Kim can notice the deep rooted emotions Jeno has for Doyoung as a revered hyung. “I guess that’s the problem, he bottles his feelings inside and we can’t really tell what’s inside his mind, his walls are built that high.” Jeno supplied.


“How old are you Doyoung?” She carefully asked and the little merely looked at her and raised two fingers. “He’s the youngest.” She informed Jeno. “Can you tell me what you like to do after this Doyoung?” She asked but Doyoung just shook his head and hid his face on Jeno’s shoulder.


“He’s been like this since I found him. He was crying and it was terrible to witness, it broke my heart.” Jeno confessed.


“Chenle told me of an incident earlier.” Dr Kim said and Jeno nodded.


‘Doyoung hyung only interacts with a Yuta hyung, Johnny hyung, Kun hyung and Ten hyung, Taeyong hyung also but it’s because of his association with Yuta hyung. When Jaehyun hyung approached him earlier, Doyoung whimpered and cried. It seems that he’s uncomfortable with Jaehyun hyung.” Jeno told her and Dr. Kim nodded.


“I don’t want to assume but are they together?” Dr. Kim asked and Jeno shook his head.

“They aren’t together as far as I know.” Jeno answered her.

“Do you know if Doyoung’s feelings for Jaehyun is merely platonic?” Dr. Kim asked and Jeno shook his head.


“Not that I know of.” Jeno ran a frustrated hand on his hair. 

“We don’t really know a lot about Doyoung now Jeno, I understand your frustrations.” Dr. Kim said and Jeno looked at her with dead set eyes. 


“I just want to help him. He’s been helping us with everything, he’d been a good hyung to us that I just want to repay that. I can’t really know now what caused Doyoung hyung’s regression but I want to try and help him out of it.” Jeno confessed and he felt Doyoung hug him and it made him tear up. “Even in this state, hyung knows how to comfort me.” Jeno shed tears and Doyoung gently wiped them away, despite welling up himself. 


“Awpwa?” Doyoung called out and hearing Doyougn spoke for the first time made Jeno cry even more. 

Jeno hugged Doyoung and tried to calm himself down. “I promise I’ll do whatever it take to make you feel better.” Jeno told Doyoung who merely nodded. “I’ll do my best.” He told Dr. Kim who nodded as well.

“It will be hard on you Jeno, much like what Renjun had experienced with Jaemin, but I am sure you’ll overcome this.” Dr. Kim re-assured Jeno. “We don’t really have anything concrete for Doyoung but just keep on giving him love and affection. Observe his interactions with others especially with Jaehyun. Jaehyun is progressing faster than anyone and it seemed that Doyoung would be have the least rate. Don’t give up on Doyoung, that’s all I ask.” Dr. Kim said and Jeno nodded.

“I won’t. I promise.” Jeno said and thanked Dr. Kim before leading Doyoung out. But before they left, Doyoung took out a candy from his pocket and handed it to Dr. Kim. She felt a tug on her heart because that gesture proved how caring Doyoung truly is, that it was something innate to the boy. 

Dr. Kim wrapped up her session and went out to meet the managers. She discussed her findings to them and promised to provide the report and initial recommendations in three days to which the managers thanked her. She reminded them to treat Doyoung with caution as he is the most sensitive among the lot and their managers sighed but nodded; Doyougn was the least problematic of the bunch and they could depend on him so it really was a blow to them. 

‘Can I speak with Renjun and Jaemin before I leave? She asked and one of the managers fetched the two idols.  

Renjun and Jaemin were both confused but when Dr. Kim started to explain, they both understood the gravity of the situation.

“It will be hard on Jeno, it will cause him a lot of pain, so I want both of you to support him whenever possible. Doyoung would be the hardest to crack and I just want someone to be there to help Jeno out. Please be Jeno’s emotional support because I am sure, he’ll crack one of these days.” She informed the two who assured her that they will take care of Jeno’s wellbeing. “I’ll see you soon.” She bid her goodbye and wished that the group can survive this ordeal.